Never Speak Too Soon

Never Speak Too Soon

Key was not a tad surprised when he saw Minho leaning against the wall outside his apartment door obviously waiting for him to come home. Because if he was to be honest with himself, a part of him wanted this to happen. Key couldn’t deny the fact that the thought of Minho confronting him at his apartment had crossed his mind after ending the call earlier in the evening. He himself had done his own fair share of thinking throughout the day and at the end of it all, Key had to admit he never saw it coming – this not-so-platonic feelings he had developed for Minho. It’s not that he didn’t know how easy it was to fall in love with his model, he just didn’t realize he was susceptible to falling for him as well. He thought he was immune to the charms of Choi Minho. Well, apparently not. Apart from coming clean to himself about his feelings for Minho, Key was also ready for whatever the other was about to bring to him. Walking towards his apartment, Key glanced at the time on his watch and nodded impressively at Minho.

“Three hours?” Key simply asked as he unlocked the door, oddly showing no signs of chasing Minho away at all if Minho were to compare Key’s earlier attitude to now.

“Doesn’t matter.” Minho followed Key into his apartment and even closed the door behind him, making sure it was securely locked. This felt too natural to Minho’s liking. He could just see himself like this with Key in the near future…

“Is this how you sweep all girls off their feet?” Key shrugged off his jacket, throwing it aside onto a nearby chair, and then spun on his feet to face Minho. “The way you’re so honest and direct with your feelings, and determined to get what you want like how you waited three hours for me?”

Minho frowned. “I don’t get what you’re trying to say.”

“Oh right…” Key snapped his fingers. “You don’t look for relationships. You don’t even have to do the chasing since girls will just flock themselves at you.”

“You know Key,” Minho sighed. “I don’t even think you know what you’re talking about.”

Key shook his head. “I do. In fact, this is exactly my point. I told you before, you’re not my type.”  

“Oh?” Minho crossed his arms. “Care to enlighten me on what type I am exactly then?”

“The type who isn’t gay, doesn’t do relationships and only seeks challenges so when someone like me comes along, you find it refreshing and want to, for lack of a better term, conquer me especially since I am a guy who’s attracted to you. That’s the type of guy you are.”

“So you are attracted to me.” Not a question, but a statement. Minho was very pleased.

Key threw his arms in the air in frustration. “I said so much and that’s all you caught?!”

“The rest were all rubbish, I couldn’t be bothered.”

“It’s not rubbish! That’s the truth!” Key stomped towards Minho and pushed him hard on his shoulder. “You told me yourself you weren’t looking for a relationship!”

Minho stepped back with the force of Key’s push but it was nothing he couldn’t handle. Since Key initiated the involvement of physical contact in their "discussion”, Minho was game for it as well. He stepped towards his unsuspecting prey and in one swift movement, grabbed Key by his shoulders and trapped him against the wall.

Leaning down so close that Key could feel his breath against his skin, Minho rested his hands on either side of the blonde’s face and looked straight into his eyes. “You said it yourself. Weren’t. That’s past tense if you didn’t know.”

Key shivered at the sudden lack of distance, his hands hanging helplessly at his sides but his face telling a different story as he kept a fierce expression on. “So what? You’re looking for a relationship now?”

“Yeah.” Minho smiled captivatingly. “Only with you though.”

Just for a split moment in time, Key’s heart fluttered. But in the next moment, he was back to his difficult uncooperative self, not allowing Minho to win his heart so easily with sweetened words.  

“You’re not my type.” was the only defense Key had though. His mind wasn’t working exactly well right now because Minho had thoroughly invaded his personal space.

“Okay, I have to set things straight with you because you obviously have this huge misunderstanding of who I am.” Minho let out a breath and s an arm around Key’s waist, bringing him towards his body and leaving no distance in between. “Firstly, I don’t define myself as straight or gay or whatever. I go with my feelings and not by gender, got that?”

Key could only nod.

Minho smiled and then continued. “Secondly, when I said I wasn’t looking for a relationship, it wasn’t because of whatever reason you said, which if I may add, sounds like something out of a drama.”

“I didn’t get that from a drama…” Key mumbled.

Minho pretended not to hear him and went on to explain himself. “I wasn’t looking for a relationship because I really wasn’t… until you singled me out to be your model. That’s when everything changed.”

“If you ask me, your choice of words sounds more like a line from a drama.” Key had to say his piece.

“Drama or not,” Minho tightened his grip around Key’s waist. “I mean it. You’re one heck of a challenge but this is not a game to me, Key. I cannot be more serious about you.”

“Well…” Key grinned like a Cheshire cat. “Good that you're clear with your own feelings.”

Minho raised his eyebrows. “That’s all you have to say?”

“Hmm,” Key wrapped his arms around Minho’s neck and pondered for a moment before he answered. “I don’t know Minho, this seems too easy for you. I shouldn’t let you get me so easily, should i?” 

Minho groaned. “I waited three hours for you! Isn’t that enough?”

“I thought you said it didn’t matter?”

“I take back my words.” Minho said in all seriousness without even hesitating. “Three whole hours Key, I never even for a second sat down, I haven’t had my dinner, and on top of that, I had to fend off the suspicious looks I got from your neighbours! Is this how you treat the guy who you’re attracted to after all that he has done?”

Key burst out laughing at Minho’s attempt to win his sympathy. When his laughter died down, he was faced with an eerily silent Minho with his emotionless face.

“Don’t my arms around you say anything?” Key sighed in resignation. 

Minho raised an eyebrow.

“Wow. This… is going to be fun.” Key fiddled with the ends of Minho’s hair. “I wonder how our relationship will work. Do you think it’ll even work?”

“Yeah, it’ll work.” Minho’s lips curled up in a mischievous grin. “In fact, it’ll be perfectly fine if you could kindly stop being such a .”

“I wouldn’t have been such a if you weren’t so pushy.” Key retorted with ease, a wide smile gracing his face (not taking offence that he was called a just yet because he had all the time in the world to get back at Minho).

Minho choked on air. Key sniggered.

“Something’s off tonight though because pushy you ain’t doing anything more even after we’ve been in such a position for so long…” Key’s voice trailed off as he eyed the nonexistent distance between Minho’s hips and his.

“That’s because I wanted us to talk things out first.” Minho remained calm although he had an inkling to where Key was trying to direct the conversation to…

“Hmm.” Key his lips (very much on purpose). “Are we done with that then?”

“I don’t know. You tell me.” It took a great deal for Minho to act all nonchalant.

A sly grin grew on Key’s face as he deliberately pulled Minho so near that their lips briefly touched and in the next moment, pushed him away so fast that Minho stumbled back a few steps, barely registering what had just happened.

“Go on being a smartass.” Key flipped his fringe as he walked away and further into his apartment. “We’ll see how far that will get you.”

Minho released a low chuckle. He could only be thankful that he was still safe in the comfort of Key’s apartment. This relationship was certainly going to be interesting...

Author's Note: i promised a quick update so here it is! hope i didn't disappoint. and thanks for subscribing! a little progress between minkey tonight... hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^^