Never Speak Too Soon

Never Speak Too Soon

Choi Minho was wrong. So damn wrong. As much as he hated to admit it, there was something he couldn’t do. And that was work together with Kim Kibum. If he knew working with Key meant having the fashion student’s hands all over his body, he wouldn’t have been so confident with his words.

The first time Minho met up with Key after agreeing to be his model went normal, like how any fashion designer would work together with their models on their first meeting. The only difference perhaps was that they had met at Minho’s own dorm because Key had insisted that it was only right for him to accommodate to Minho’s needs and meet at his convenience. Upon stepping into Minho’s dorm, Key went straight down to business as he enthusiastically filled Minho in with how the fashion showcase was going to be and what was expected of him as a model. The fashion student then pulled out his sketches and the samples of his clothing all at once from his bag and eagerly showed off his designs to Minho, who almost couldn’t catch up with the pace Key was going. It took him a while to soak in everything that Key had explained to him but Minho still managed to survive the first meeting with Key. And that included going through the awkwardness of Key, in a way, exploring his body to take his measurements so he could make the actual outfit that fit Minho’s body perfectly. Nothing inappropriate about that, if you don’t take into account the fact that Minho’s body had heated up because of Key’s close proximity. Minho would rather forget about that to convince himself that their first meeting went smooth. Yes, it went smooth alright.

When the second time for them to meet came  about two days later (the clothes that Key designed had been produced), Minho found out that taking his body measurements was not the last of body contact he was going to have with Key. Little did he know that as he did his fittings with the fashion student, this time round at Key’s apartment, the amount of body contact was so much more… intense. One moment, Key had his hands ing the first two buttons of the shirt, another moment, Key was on his knees adjusting the ends of the skinny jeans and the next, Key’s hands lingered on Minho’s waist as he considered if the shirt looked better tucked in or out. If that wasn’t enough, Key was practically feeling him up as his hands smoothed out the creases of the clothes (be it top or bottom) Minho was wearing. Whatever it was, Key’s hands were basically roaming everywhere around Minho’s body and his eyes were constantly checking him out from head to toe, front and back. The one-off model knew it was only Key’s job to do whatever he was doing. Still, he couldn’t be as cool as Key and had to force himself to keep a straight (and rather emotionless) face. He too had his professional side. Yet, Minho had to hold his breath as he watched Key’s hands reach out to the direction of his face, his fingers ended up running through his hair.

“Minho, I’m thinking of styling your hair messily, somewhat like a y bedroom hair look… you alright with me changing your hairstyle?” Key asked as he continued to experiment with Minho’s hair, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he was too close for comfort.

Minho gulped. “Yeah, sure… I mean, I am your model after all. You can do whatever you want with me, I mean, not whatever as in- you know...“

Minho decided it was better for him to shut up when he felt Key slide his playful hands out of his hair, down to place them firmly on his shoulders.

“Is the ever so self-confident Choi Minho… actually blabbering?” Key smirked. “Wow, I don’t know you that well but I think I know enough to understand that this doesn’t happen often.”

Minho remained silent and used the time to regain his composure. He cleared his throat and placed his hands on Key’s hips, only to push Key gently away to a comfortable distance. Minho didn’t miss the short but sharp intake of breath Key took at the moment he set his hands on the shorter man’s hips. What’s more, he was actually pleased that he had an effect on the fashion student too (of course, he kept this to himself and pretended to not notice anything). Perhaps he could just bear with working with Key a little while longer… 

“Rest assured Key, I’m only modeling for you… my verbal skills would be no concern to you.”  

“Right.” Key nodded. “Well then, I guess we’re pretty much set and ready to go. Rehearsals for the fashion show will be on the morning itself so please don’t bail on me. And most importantly, keep yourself looking as good as you look now. That’s all I ask.”

“Sure. I’ll be there. You really have nothing to worry about, Key.” Minho promised with his signature captivating smile. “Now that we’re settled, can I change out of these clothes now?

Another nod of Key’s head and Minho made his way towards the bathroom to change back to his own clothes. What the model failed to see (and hear) once the bathroom door closed was that the fashion student had let out a huge breath as a troubled look crossed his face.

Key dropped himself onto his sofa and stared at the ceiling. There was something he couldn’t comprehend. To hell with it, he couldn’t even explain what this something was that happened when Minho placed his hands on his hips. Just one touch and the feeling was indescribable (because Key had never felt this way before). He didn’t even know if it was a good kind of feeling, the opposite or possibly even meaning nothing at all. Feeling Minho’s hands on his hips was like experiencing a static shock - sudden, only lasting for a second or two, but leaving you reeling and constantly thinking back on that moment in time.

“Maybe it was just a static shock…” Key muttered to himself. “I’m seriously reading too much into things…”

Upon hearing the bathroom door open, Key instantly shook his thoughts away and propped himself up, turning around to face Minho.

“Just hang the clothes back on the rack, thanks!”

Minho did as he was told and then walked towards Key. “So… do you have anything else on for today?”

“Not exactly… why?” Key looked up at Minho with a slight tilt of his head.

“Thought we could have dinner since it’s already coming to 7…” Minho casually placed his hands into his pockets. “Interested?”

“You paying?”

“Won’t that sound like a date?”

“Don’t flatter yourself.” Key rolled his eyes but a slight smile grew on his face.

Minho laughed. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Did I say yes?”

“Your stomach will, soon enough if you keep wasting time here.” Minho even eyed Key’s flat stomach which made Key a little self-conscious of his body. And so, Key bounced up from sitting down and grabbed his messenger bag.

“I guess you’re right, I need to eat. Let’s go then!” Key opened his apartment door and waited for Minho to get his own stuff.

The satisfied and proud smile on Minho’s face didn’t go unnoticed. In fact, it was too glaring for Key to take! And so, the fashion student decided to go against his own rule of going Dutch with friends for once…

“Choi Minho, just so you know, you’re paying tonight!”

But no, Key reminded himself that this was still not a date.

Author's Note: Happy December everyone! Hope you enjoyed the update! :D