Never Speak Too Soon

Never Speak Too Soon

The fashion show was over before Key could soak in the sense of satisfaction he felt as he watched Minho model his designs down the catwalk. The one-off model had done everything Key had told him to, actually, even doing more than he had asked! It was as if Minho had read Key’s mind and pictured how he wanted everything to turn out and then replayed the exact same catwalk down the runway. The fashion student was never a person easy to surprise. For one, Key was too smart for his own good. His attention to detail was also second to none and he simply prided himself for his wits. Yet, it was of no challenge to Minho since Key was now caught by surprise with what his model had pulled off in a span of barely two minutes. The equation was simple actually. Minho understood Key. And Key couldn’t understand how Minho could. Maybe Minho had really been listening when he was explaining his decision to go into fashion the night they had dinner together… that just might have helped Minho understand him. Could it?

There were just too many questions running through Key’s mind. So before he knew it, among all the cheers and applause from the audience along with the many congratulations and compliments he got for his designs, the fashion student found himself sitting on a high swivel chair by himself at a bar where the after party was held. This wasn’t him. Key was usually the life of the party, the one on the dance floor getting high or at the very least, indulging in drinks with his friends. Yet tonight, his (and basically everyone else) attention was on Minho, Minho with his good looks and charming attitude who everyone was trying to get to know. It wasn’t that Key had a problem with Minho’s popularity. He honestly didn’t know if he should even be caring or feeling anything about it. Was he upset? Was he jealous? He didn’t have an answer to those either. All he knew was that he was regretting one thing right now, and that was how he had chosen to style Minho with that y bedroom hair complemented with his smouldering brown eyes (which were now accentuated by a great invention called eyeliner). Even though Minho had changed back to his own clothes which consisted of a plain V-neck white tee and denim jeans, the hair and makeup remained. That alone was more than enough to make him look even more outstanding than he already was.

Distracted was the word to describe Key. At this point in time, Minho was simply way too attractive for his liking. Yes, he had been attracted to Minho right from the start, but that was only from a fashion designer's point of view. However, now as himself, the normal Kim Kibum, he had to admit he was attracted to Minho in the way that took his breath away. The way that Key knew it was wrong and definitely not at all what he asked for! And the fashion student could only blame it on how he had decided to style Minho’s hair and the y guyliner he had forcefully (Minho had put up a fight because to him, eyeliners were for girls. Of course, Key had proved him wrong) applied for Minho personally with his very own hand. It must be because his one-off model was carrying off his ideal look that was causing him to feel this sudden sense of attraction. Yes, that had to be it. Key nodded to himself as he finally found a reason to convince himself that this feeling was only temporary and definitely nothing serious.

When he saw Minho peeling himself away from the crowd that surrounded him, Key turned his seat around and picked up his cocktail, swirling the drink in his hand before placing the rim of the glass to his lower lip and tilting it back. When he finished the last of his cocktail, he could feel a familiar presence behind him. Minho had reached Key just in time for him to place the glass safely back onto the counter. Key’s lips curled upwards in a crooked grin. All of a sudden, he had an urge to do something on the spur of the moment. The fashion student turned his body back around and looked up straight into Minho’s eyes.

“Pretend that I'm drunk cause I'm about to do something that I'm going to regret.”

Before the word "What?" could sound from Minho’s mouth, Key swiftly pulled Minho down towards him and pressed his lips onto the taller guy's slightly parted lips. And that was it. The kiss lasted for barely three seconds but the effect was like an earthquake to Minho.

“Hm.” One sound was what summed up Key's reaction as he released a stunned Minho from his grip.

Minho's eyes widened. Suddenly, it seemed like the whole world had gone silent and only him and Key existed at that moment in time. Very cliché but completely true.  

“What… the hell was that for?!” Minho fought to keep his emotions in check.

Key shrugged his shoulders. “I told you to pretend I'm drunk.”

“Well, are you?!” Minho gripped Key's shoulders.

“No, not really.” Key’s nonchalant attitude was just about enough to drive Minho up the wall.

“And?” Minho demanded an explanation.

“And what, Minho? How exactly do you want me to explain what I did? I just wanted to do what I wanted to do.”

Minho raised an eyebrow. “And why is that?”

“Um.” Key paused for a moment. “My brain hasn't figured that out yet.”

Minho could only laugh at the situation they were in. He looked at a silent (obviously confused) Key for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders as well.

Key narrowed his eyes. “Why did you just-“

But the fashion student couldn't complete his question because Minho's face had unexpectedly filled his entire vision.

Payback time. It was Minho who had now captured Key's lips but unlike Key, didn’t stop there. He went one step further by tracing the outline of Key's lips with his tongue and then ending with a kiss hard enough to bruise.

“Pretend that I'm drunk too.” Minho smirked as he let go of Key and crossed his arms. “Now how do you like that?”

Key blinked a couple of times, unable to recover from his shock but once he did, he stood up from his chair and grabbed Minho's collar with both hands.

“You practically my mouth Mister! Who do you think you are?!”

Minho slipped an arm around Key's waist and pulled his body flush against his own.

“One, it's you who kissed me first. And two, that was not in any way your mouth. But I wouldn't mind showing you exactly what that is... perhaps someplace more private?” Minho locked his eyes with Key’s eyes that burned with anger.

“Choi Minho, if you don't let go of me right this moment, I'll make sure your voice permanently ends up two octaves higher than it is now.” Key threatened as calmly as he could.

As Key’s eyes travelled to the area of Minho’s manhood, Minho immediately removed his arm from the fashion student's waist, took a step back and then placed his hands in his pockets, his face sporting an "okay, okay, I got it" look.

Game over. The winner was obvious (or was it?). Key adjusted his clothes, took hold of his messenger bag and turned towards the exit of the bar, making it obvious he was going to take his leave. But before he did, Key took in a deep breath, closed his eyes and then reopened them to face Minho.

“Thanks… for modelling for me. I owe you one.” Pushing whatever had happened between them just moments ago to the back of his mind, Key decided he should at least have the decency to thank Minho again for all that he had done. “I guess I’ll see you around then.”

Minho instantly caught Key's arm and stopped him in his footsteps. “You’re leaving?”

Key rolled his eyes. “Yeah, I had enough for tonight.”

“But this is your party, Key.”

“I know... But i just... I don't know. Tonight’s screwed up enough and I rather be at home now.”

“You don't seem like the type who-“

Key brushed off Minho’s hand. “Minho, you don't know a lot about me.”

“Yeah, i really don't...” Minho frowned.

“Exactly, so leave it. I'm off!” Key casually patted Minho’s shoulder and then finally made his way out.

“Hey Key! Wait!” Minho was right on his heels.

“What?” Key suppressed his irritation and looked back.

“I'm coming with you.”

“But I’m going home.”

“I know… I’ll accompany you then.”

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m getting to know you better.” Minho smiled.

And Key was at a loss for words.

Author's Note: sorry this update took so long! i had school matters to settle and watched snsd concert last night! busy uploading fancams. hee. anyway, i hope it's worth the wait! truth be told, i haven't written the next chapter yet and i don't even know where this story is going. still, i hope you enjoyed this chapter! and thanks for subscribing! :) enjoy the weekend!

ps: did you guys read the fanaccount of Minho's birthday? the part where Minho said he would push Key to the wall and pretend he was going to kiss him? oh goodness, the images that formed in my mind... hahaha.