chapter 002 。

grandeur 。 — a survival show

chapter 002
❝ introductions ❞

"we're going to start recording now!" the loud voice of the pd was heard by everyone in near vicinity. The fifteen contestants snapped to attention and tried to look presentable despite waking up at 4 am to prepare for the first recording. Each girl were made up nicely with pretty clothing and make-up that his their tired faces. currently they were standing in sm's indoor auditorium where they held their trainee evaluations. All of them were standing on a stage in a studio, looking understandably nervous. cameras were pointed at them, recording their actions and expressions.

right in front of them was a raised platform with three seats and a table. they assumed that that's where the judges will be seated. only silence could be heard inside the large studio, and the girls couldn't help feeling slightly excited of what will happen next.

not a moment too soon, kim youngmin appeared in the said raised platform. the girls snapped to attention once more, bowing in unison to greet their ceo. the ceo smiled at the greeting and replied with a slight nod of the head. 

"hello girls," he said with that same well modulated voice he used before. "welcome to grandeur!" he said, spreading his arms to his sides. immediately, more lights were in addition to what was already open. decorative lighting popped out from the tall walls of the studio, and a giant led tv lit up both behind the raised platform and behind the contestants. on the tv was the word grandeur, in the form of a logo. the girls were surprised that they got this muchprepared without them knowing. 

the ceo of sme went on for a couple of minutes explaining how the show was going to work, basically what they told them the day before. most of them pretended to look alert for the camera in favor of daydreaming on what their living space will look like. will it be big or small? will it be fancy or not? questions like this ran though the heads of the young contestants.

finally the ceo stopped explaining the basic rubrics. finally, the girls snapped into proper attention. they knew what would happen next. they would finally see their new living place. kim youngmin finally dismissed them, and the girls slowly filled out of the studio. 

outside the studio, two large vans sat waiting. they divided themselves into two groups. as the girls situated themselves with their belongings into the vans, they chatted happilly trying to show the friendly atmosphere sm wanted them to show to each other. it was understandably awkward, though. they still didn't know each other very well. lexie, annie, rian, maddie, sooyun, yejin, and yongil was on one van, and the rest were on the other van.

the four roommates, annie, lexie, rian, and maddie chatted animatedly with topics that were completely irrelevant to their situation in the present. yongil was in one corner, phone out and listening to music. she wasn't up for some socializing at the moment. at the other side of the van, sooyun and yejin sat in silence. well, that is, until yejin broke the silence between them.

"unnie, what do you think the dorm will look like?" yejin asked sooyun because the two girls were sitting next to each other. sooyun thought about it for a minute. 

"i don't know," sooyun said. "but i hope it's like my brother's dorm." 

"wait your brother? why does he have a dorm?" yejin asked, confused.

"kim kibum~" sooyun said, enunciating each syllable.

"kim kibum like shinee's key?" yejin asked. sooyun nodded her head, used to this kind of reaction from people. "woa, daebak! can you introduce me to him sometime?" yejin added, completely astounded. sooyun giggled in response. 

in the other van, the girls were noticably quieter at first, but soon that changed.

"hi! I'm sora
 I mean skye!" sora introduced herself to the girl next to her who just so happened to be jewel, or jooyoung if you want to know her on a personal level. jooyoung laughed at sora's little mistake in front of the camera. 

"jewel," jooyoung replied. "but you can call me joo, or joo-wel." jooyoung giggled. 

"you know, I can pronounce jewel properly!" sora said joining the older girl in laughter.




"unnie aren't you the one who trained for nine years?" minyoung suddenly piped out to the japanese girl right in front of her. katsumi, who had previously been wearing headphones, craned her neck to look at the 17 year old with a small smile. 

"yeah, that's me," katsumi said. "wow, is that what other trainees think of me?"

"i don't know about other trainees, but I've heard of you because you were popular for being a trainee for a long time!" minyoung said. "woa unnie you're really awesome!" katsumi grinned to the younger girl.



natalie looked around the van. she was pretty much the only one who didn't have a chatting partner. she was planning to talk to the red-head jihae, who was sitting near her, but the girl with the fringe (miyeon) beat her to it. determined, natalie decided to into their convesation about whatever.

"hey guys whatchu talking about," natalie asked the two of them with a cheeky grin.

 


A/N:  okay, here's the first episode filming/chapter 2! before i forget, these are the real/korean names + the stage names of the contestants in the order of their age. in the story, i'll most likely call them by their preferred name especially when they're not filming. but the girls will call each other however they like. some will call them by their real name, and some by their stage name

lexie ; ahn hyemi
jewel ; jang jooyoung
eden ; katsumi asai
sooae ; choi jisoo
natalie ; kim nahyun
cherry ; kim sooyun
skye ; bang sora
julia ; jang jihae
yongil ; han yongil
miyeon ; joo miyeon
annie ; kang areum
hiseu ; park yejin
maddie ; ahn hyerin
minyoung ; lee minyoung
rian ; cho rian

also i'll be using korean age when i refer to their age. that explains why '00 liner minyoung is referred to as a 17 year old by katsumi.

next chapter is the girls' reaction to their dorm which is down below~!

 

© CHRYSALIS LAYOUTS 2015