teaser 008 。

grandeur 。 — a survival show
  
teaser 008
❝ right ❞

"you'll never get to debut if you're that heavy."

these words are the only things in her mind as her body moved in sync with the treadmill. since she started training in sm two years prior, this was the main thing people noted of her. though yejin would much rather stay comfty in her original weight, she did feel like they were right. idols that weren't as thin as a stick was very rare, so rare in fact that she could probably count them in her two hands.

before she knew it, only her heavy breathing can be heard throughout the gym. yejin paused in her tracks and lookd at the clock on the wall. had she really been running on the treadmill for an hour and a half. a new record for her. yejin was surprised she didn't collapse on the treadmill.

with sweat covering her entire body, and limbs sore from excessive jogging, yejin headed to the shower room. as she entered the shower room, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. 


in contrast to her appearance the year prior, she could see that she's definitely changed. she probably lost half her weight since she's started training in sm. her figure has improved, but it didn't mean that it was the most desirable of figures.

but hey, she was improving, and that's the only thing that mattered.



keys on the piano play a note higher, and heather's voice follows. the piano plays a note higher once more, but this time, her voice cracks. yejin wrinkles her nose in distaste. 

"it's alright," her vocal coach tells her. "let's go again, but this time, well be working on your lower register."

yejin didn't reply, busy trying to warm her voice up more. though when the keys start playing once more, she focused on trying to match pitch. not long after that, her voice gave out, turning more ot a crackle. 

frustrated, yejin buried her face on the piano. she stayed there for a few seconds, her vocal coach just staring at her with sympathy. letting out a distressed noise, she raised her head to face her vocal coach.

"why isn't singing as easy as dancing?" she asked her vocal coach, though she'd really like to direct that question to whatever omnipotent being is listening. she hung her head once more when she realized that her vocal coach probably felt the opposite she did.

"don't beat yourself up like that," her vocal coach said. "different people have different strengths. yours just happen to be dancing instead of singing,"

yejin felt a smile crawling up her face. no matter what happened, her vocal coach always knew how to make her feel better. gosh, yejin was glad she had people like her vocal coach in her life.

 



A/N:  sorry this was a bit odd. i'm very sleepy and tired right now, but a promise is a promise! 

anywho, this is yejin, stagename hiseu, lils' character~! i really enjoyed writing her, despite being tired most of the time i was writing it. hahaha ^^ 

 

© CHRYSALIS LAYOUTS 2015