Wonwoo's Problem

Oh Mingyu!!

It was a few weeks after Seventeen's debut that Jeon Wonwoo realised he had developed a crush on his fellow hip-hop unit member, Kim Mingyu. They were still very good friends but Wonwoo realized that whenever he was around Mingyu, he could feel his heartbeat increase and his cheeks burn.

To him, what seemed to be just a small crush soon turned into something that he was afraid might be called love. He was certain that Mingyu would not like him in that way. Though they were very close, they are both in the same group. He also felt that Mingyu only looked up to him as an older brother figure and a fellow rapper in the same unit.

It took almost all his will to suppress his feelings and not act like a total idiot towards the younger one but sometimes, it is not that easy to accomplish.

"Hyung the rest of the members want me to cook dinner tonight but we don't have enough ingredients and I don't really want to journey to the supermarket alone so..." Mingyu trailed off, looking towards Wonwoo expectantly.

"Fine I'll go with you."

"Yay! You're the best, Wonwoo hyung!" Mingyu cheered and linked arms with Wonwoo, pulling him out of the dorm.

'Oh my god my heart. Someone please help.' Wonwoo thought to himself, feeling the heat starting to rise up to his cheeks.

That night, after dinner, while Mingyu went to throw the trash away, Wonwoo took the advantage to tell s about his crush since he might not have the chance do so in the future as his feelings grew stronger each day he spent with Mingyu.

"Woah, dude really?" Hansol exclaimed, shocked.

"Shhh yea." Wonwoo said, looking down and playing with his fingers. Even then he could feel the stares of s on him. "I'm sorry."

"Hey. Don't be. Just you wait. You won't be alone. I'm still waiting for Junhui to confess to Minghao you know." Jeonghan laughed and the other members except JunHao nodded in agreement.

Minghao stuttered. "H-hyung that's another thing."

"Y-yea. Psht." Junhui added on.

"I'm back guysss!" Mingyu's voice echoed through the room and everyone went back to watching television. "What did I miss?"

"Won-" Soonyoung started but got cut off when Seokmin covered his mouth. The other members glared at Soonyoung.

"You didn't miss anything. Why don't you take a seat and join us to watch some tv." Seungkwan offered and Mingyu nodded, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Okay, weird. Oh and thanks but I want to work on some new raps. Maybe next time. G'nite guys!" Mingyu said and returned to his room.

When the door closed, everyone let out a sigh of relief. Mostly just Wonwoo though.

"Seriously, Soonyoung? Were you really just about to tell him something that was obviously a secret?" Jisoo rolled his eyes and Soonyoung pouted.

"Sorry! I'm so so sorry! It just slipped out." He apologised.

"Well, I just have to say. It all depends on Mingyu now so...all the best bro." Hansol patted Wonwoo on the back.

"Thanks guys. Really. But isn't it weird? Me being gay and all."

"Psht. Seriously. It's not called being gay. It's called being fabulous! Who knows, we might be the same too. I mean, if there's JunHao and Meanie, surely there will be more somehow." Soonyoung hinted and everyone bursted into laughter.