#2: What’s left of us, pain and hatred?

Denying You


#2: What’s left of us, pain and hatred?

"What do you think about this?" Yugyeom suggested, showing the others the ideas that he had worked on last night.

Mark and Youngjae nodded, impressed by the younger's brilliant ideas which caused Yugyeom to grinned before he continue jotting down the pointers for their presentation later.

As the trio busily worked on their proposal, they failed to notice Jackson Wang entering that cafe with his best friends.

Jackson smirked when he noticed Mark Tuan, immediately heading towards his table before sliding in the empty seat beside the oblivious individual.

"Working hard, I see." Jackson exclaimed, snatching the file out of Mark’s hold when he noticed the older was ignoring his presence, annoying Yugyeom to no end.

“As you can see, we are busy so I have no time to play with you.” Mark said, staring at the other before snatching back the file, pissing Jackson.

“Are you sure, I thought you like having me around? Your heart beats like crazy that night.” Jackson whispered into the older’s ear, smirking when he notice Mark froze upon his words.

Mark hated that night, he had tried so hard this past week just to forget about that night where Jackson played with his heart but the younger just had to bring that up.

“Don’t be too full of yourself, Wang Ka Yee.” Mark hissed back once he collected himself, glaring at the younger who just  smiled before caressing the older’s cheeks, surprising everyone including Mark whose heart is racing again due to the sudden contact..

“Whose heart is thumping right now?” Jackson mused, smirking while the older could only look away in embrassement.

“It seems like somebody is too free, disturbing us like this.” Yugyeom commented, couldn’t stand watching Jackson teasing Mark like that especially with everybody watching them.

“What’s your problem, kiddo? Jealous?” Jackson asked, clearly not happy about this annoying brat’s words, who was he to comment about him like that.

“Like as if you are not, if not you wouldn’t be acting like a jerk every time.” Yugyeom muttered, snickering at how stupid the older sounded.

“What did you just called me, brat?” Jackson hissed, getting annoyed at the brat while Mark just sighed, he really don’t need this now when they are supposed to finished up on their proposal.

“Jerk, aren’t you one? Only a jerk does that, going around and messing with people.” Yugyeom answered back, glaring at Jackson which just trigger the older more.

“YOU!” Jackson snapped in anger, ready to attack the younger but luckily a person holds on to his arm, holding him back.

“Let’s just go, Jackie. You are disturbing everyone.” Jinyoung said gently, calming his riled up best friend while Mark just got up and start packing his stuffs, he just want peace at this moment.

“Yugie.” Mark called out but the younger wouldn’t budge, still having a staring contest with Jackson as he clearly wasn’t to happy about how Jackson Wang treated his hyung all this while.

“Kim Yugyeom.” Mark called out once more, firmer this time round which instantly got Yugyeom moving as he and Youngjae started packing too before walking out.

Mark who was the last one to trailed after the two, stopped beside Jackson before whispering something that instantly pierced his heart.

“You know why this heart beats each time because it remembers, the Ka Yee that I know. My Gaga.” Mark whispered in mandarin, smiling sadly at the younger before walking away, leaving Jackson speechless because truthfully, he forgotten about  that Gaga.

The Gaga that disappeared the day Yi En disappeared from his life.

Meanwhile Jinyoung and Bambam only shared a look before sighing at their dazed best friend, not knowing what do with him any longer.

####

“Your presentation was impressive, Jackson. Good job to you and your team.” Mrs Im praised as she walked Jackson and two best friends out of her office after their presentation for her new project.

“Thank you, Auntie. I hoped you like it.” Jackson thanked politely before smiling at duo trailing beside him, getting good vibes at getting the project this time round.

“Madam, Mr Tuan is here.” The secretary announced, appearing with Mark Tuan and his own team whose trailing behind her.

“Mark dear, you are here.” Mrs Im greeted, hugging the familiar boy since she are basically best friends with Mrs Tuan so she knows the sweet boy well.

Jackson rolled his eyes at the sight, the other is always there to ruin his good mood as he turned to look at Jinyoung instead.

“How are you, Auntie? I haven’t managed to visit you for quite a bit.” Mark asked nicely, ignoring the awkward tension between him and Jackson in front of the elder.

“I have been fine, dear. I understand, you had been busy with so many projects the last few months.” Mrs Im exclaimed, smiling at the boy that she watched growing up over the years to be such fine man.

They continue chatting for a bit until the trio who somehow feel ignored decided to just excused themselves since it’s pretty much useless standing there watching Mrs Im praised their rival.

“They seems like in a hurry.” Mrs Im exclaimed, lost at the sudden change of mood coming from Jackson as she watched the trio walked away while Mark just sighed, looking at Yugyeom and Youngjae.

“Don’t worry, Auntie. Let’s go in, we can’t wait to share our ideas with you.” Mark said, trying to divert the poor lost elder attention towards something else rather than thinking about moody Jackson.

Their presentation went well, it lasted about forty minutes but Mark was satisfied at how everything turns out and what is left was to wait for Mrs Im’s decision.

“Thank you, it was certainly a unique and refreshing proposal. Good job.” Mrs Im praised, smiling at all the three hard working mens infront of her.

The trio thanked her before they bid goodbye with Mark promising her that he will visit her soon and maybe enjoy a day out together with his Mama.

As the trio headed downstairs, they were surprised to see Jackson Wang seating at the lobby area, apparently waiting for Mark since he instantly approached the moment he spotted them exiting the lift area.

“We need to talk.” Jackson said in a serious tone, he don’t care how the others are eyeing on them but he needs to talk now.

Mark could immediately sensed the seriousness, the younger wasn’t waiting just to like usual so he decided to let the two younger ones head home first.
 
“But hyung..” Yugyeom tried to protested but Mark assure him with a smile before patting his shoulder, turning to look at the chilled Youngjae.

“Take our Yugie home alright, I will update both of you when I get home.” Mark assured, earning a nod from Youngjae before he dragged the pouting Yugyeom away.

“What do you wanna talk about?” Mark asked once he is sure that his friends are earshot away, looking at Jackson straight in the eyes.

“Follow me.” Jackson responded before they walked towards the parking lot where they were away from public eyes, it’s was much more comfortable for both of them.

“What is this?” Jackson asked, showing his phone screen to Mark the moment they stopped not to far from the younger’s car.

Mark instantly became shocked when he saw a picture of him and Jackson from that night in front of his house but to make it worse, it look liked as if they were kissing from the angle it was taken even though Jackson was merely whispering into his ear at that time.

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” Jackson hissed, getting impatient as he wasn’t getting any response from the other as Mark only stared at the screen, immobilised.

“I ...don’t know. Is..someone watching us?” Mark finally managed to croaked out, he didn’t really thought that somebody was watching them like how their fathers had guessed before, it just makes the theory that both, Tuan and Wang is targeted more true.

“Don’t act innocent, it’s clearly your doing.” Jackson hissed again, he wasn’t buying that innocent game again because it’s clearly had to be Mark’s doing because if not, who would do this to him.

“You are being unreasonable, why should I do this to myself?” Mark defended himself, finding it nonsensical for him to do this, he don’t have time for all these nonsenses.

“Why wouldn’t you? You are trying to get back at me, right by using this to threaten me?” Jackson rebutted back, it’s obvious to him at least that the other was getting revenge at him.

“Do you know how ridiculous you sound, right now? Why would I waste my time on something like this? I got better things to work on.” Mark exclaimed in disbelief, why would Jackson even think of that when he never did once messes with the younger before walking away, he had enough of the blind accusation towards him.

“Get back right, here. Don’t try to run away. You clearly want something from me, right?” Jackson shouted, going after the other before he finally managed to grab hold of his wrist, turning the older to face him.

“Stop being ridiculous, please. I’m sick of this.” Mark hissed, getting pissed at this point because it clear that Jackson had no intention of leaving him alone.

“Sick? You are sick of me?” Jackson asked as he didn’t like hearing that, no he hated hearing that coming from his enemy, Mark Tuan had no right to be sick of him.

“What if I am? I’m sick of you hurting me like this. You are such a pain.” Mark said, pulling his wrist out of Jackson’s hold before it got tighter and start hurting.

“You...what am I do you, huh?” Jackson blurted out, he wasn’t sure why but those words makes him feel like as if somebody just pierced his heart with a knife.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that? You treated me like some toy just for your amusement and entertainment. all these years. What am I in your eyes, Ka Yee?” Mark asked in returned, couldn’t understand the complicated younger at this point nor he had any more energy too.

“Don’t call me that ever again, you don’t deserve the right from the day you walked out of my life.” Jackson hissed, he hated how he felt weak whenever the older called him that.

He took a last look at Mark, hurt and confused in his eyes before he walked away for the first time, leaving the older to watch his back view slowly disappearing.

“If I had a choice, I wouldn’t, Gaga. It was all for our families.” Mark thought to himself before sighing as he slowly headed for his car.

Without them noticing, Mrs Im who was also at the parking lot since she wanted to leave for the day overheard everything causing her sigh, clearly understanding why the atmosphere changed earlier.

“We need to do something about this, it’s a pity to see them like that.” Mrs Im thought to herself since she clearly watched both of them grow up even though she was closer to the Tuan rather than the Wang since Mrs Tuan is her best friend.

As Mrs Im continued her walk towards her car after making sure the two left, she suddenly thought of something that might work causing her to smile in delight.

####

“Come on, hyung. Let’s enjoy a night out.” Bambam exclaimed, trying to convince Jackson to stop from moping around, all alone in his room after work like the past two days.

“I will pass, Bam. You go ahead with Jinyoungie.” Jackson rejected, plopping himself on his bed while Bambam just pouted and Jinyoung sighed.

“Come on, Jackie. It’s been awhile since we had a night out.” Jinyoung tried to persuade, knowing that Bambam wanted to hang out so badly as he pouted with his puppy eyes blinking at Jackson.

Jackson sighed, he really should stopped giving in too cuteness or he will never win against Park Jinyoung.

“Fine, let’s go.” Jackson exclaimed reluctantly causing the other two to cheer before bumping fist with each other.

“You always give in to Jin hyung anyway, poor me.” Bambam sighed, pouting causing Jackson to get up and tickle attack him which instantly start a tickling battle while Jinyoung just laugh heartly while watching the two.

“I gave up.” Bambam surrendered in between laughters, plopping down on the bed beside Jinyoung while Jackson cheered, sticking his tongue out at the youngest.

The trio ended up seated there beside each other, enjoying the silence pause after the tickle battle before Bambam announced that he will head home first to get refreshed before meeting them at the usual club later.

“Can I ask you something, Jackie?” Jinyoung asked after Bambam left, looking at Jackson with a serious expression which instantly caused the other to nod.

“Did something happened after we left that day? You have been moody and down for the last few days.” Jinyoung continued, clearly worried since he don’t know what happened after he and Bambam left the Im Cooperation that day.

Jackson clearly knows what his best friend was talking about because since that day,  his feelings has been all over the place and he can’t even understand why.

He hesitated to talk about the picture to Jinyoung but he knows that he need someone to share it with or he will go bonkers just thinking about it.

Without saying anything, Jackson pulled out his phone from his pocket and showed the picture to Jinyoung which instantly caused the other’s jaw to dropped at what greeted his sight.

“Mark? You guys were…” Jinyoung tried to exclaimed but Jackson cutted him as he throws the device aside on his bed.

“It’s not what it seems, we were just talking but..but...” Jackson exclaimed in frustration, explaining himself to Jinyoung who instantly just hugged him, seeing how affected his best friend was by this picture.

“Jackie, you don’t have to explain yourself. I trust you.” Jinyoung whispered gently, calming Jackson down which he succeeded in one go.

“I just didn’t want you to misunderstand, I can’t lose a friend like you over this picture.” Jackson exclaimed truthfully, hugging the other tighter.

“Don’t worry, I will always be by your side. Now, we just need to figure out who's taking this picture.” Jinyoung assured after they pulled away, taking the device back into his hold before checking the number that send this picture to Jackson.

“You don’t have to worry about that, I already know who's the culprit. Just let me handle it.” Jackson answered, knowing well he shouldn’t let Jinyoung waste his time in investigating when the culprit is clearly within his reach.

Jinyoung just nodded, fully aware that the other can handle it alone but still he worries if things goes wrong.

After their small talk, they quickly got changed and ready to head for the club and enjoy themselves tonight, a night where Jackson can forget all his worries.

But oh boy, how wrong was he when he spotted Mark seated a table away from theirs with his friends including that Suzy from the party.

Jackson frowned at the sight instantly, gulping down his drink as he watched them flirt making the other two worry about him.

“Hyung, let’s go and dance.” Bambam called out, nudging him but the older just ignored him and continue chugging down glass after glass.

Sighing, Jinyoung told Bambam to go ahead while he look out for the other which the youngest hesitantly agreed before joining the crowd on the dance floor.

“Jackie, we are here to have fun. What are you doing?” Jinyoung said, pulling the glass in Jackson’s hold away causing Jackson to finally looked at him.

“Just go, Jinyoungie. I will be fine here, I’m not a baby for you to watched after.” Jackson hissed, his mind clouded by the few glasses that he had since he is the worst drinker among them.

Jinyoung tried not to let those words affect him before walking away, leaving his best friend for now so that he can have his own space.

He turned to look at Mark who's busy laughing after Suzy whispered something into his ear, instantly making him feel disgusted watching that smile on his face.

Without him realizing, he kept on chugging down as he watches them in anger and disgust in hope to erase the pain that he feel in his heart right now.

Over at Mark’s table, he was having a lot of fun chatting with Suzy about various stuffs while Yugyeom and Youngjae had already when out to the dance floor.

“Oppa, aren’t you going to dance?” Suzy asked when she decided to join the crowd while Mark just smile shook his head.
 

“Go ahead, I’m fine with just chilling out here.” Mark answered, earning a nod from Suzy before she disappeared into the crowd while Mark turned to check on Jackson.

He was surprised to see a drunk Jackson over at the table, he was about to head there but Jinyoung appeared before he had a chance.

Mark had clearly noticed the younger when he walked in earlier with the others but he decided to just ignore Jackson especially after that talk at the car park by distracting himself and chatted with Suzy instead.

“Jinyoungie…” Jackson slurred, giggling a bit before suddenly grabbing Jinyoung’s face and kiss him causing Mark’s heart to dropped at that moment.

“Jackie..” Jinyoung exclaimed, clearly surprised after the drunk other let him go before he noticed Mark who was just staring at him, looking hurt.

Not knowing how to react he dragged the dead drunk Jackson out of there while Mark regretted coming here today, he should had just stay at home and stay under his blanket in his bed instead of witnessing that scene today.


A/N: Hi, thank you so much for the supportive comments for chapter 1. I felt very loved, thank you :) Sadly due to my lagging connection, I have problems replying to comments so I will have to skip this time round but I will promise to reply the next round. How did you guys like this chapter, don't forget to comment below.

The weather has been crazy these days for me so I hope you guys take care too and thank you all for subscribing, appreciate it ~
InfinitelyCassie <3