#05: What if what's done, can't be undone?

Denying You

#05: What if what's done, can't be undone?

"Good morning." Mark greeted, looking up from his files and smiling at the younger who just woken up.

“Morning." Jackson greeted back sleeply, rubbing the sleepiness off his eyes before staring at the older who clearly looked fresher and better than yesterday.

“I already called room service for food since we already missed breakfast.” Mark informed while Jackson looked around and notice that the sun already up, shining brightly through the balcony door.

He realized that he had fallen asleep in the other’s room and spend the night here with him when his mind finally get a grasp of everything.

The doorbell rang, signalling the room service which Mark answered before returning with a tray of food and put it on the coffee table in front of the couch.

“Why don’t you eat first before returning to your room?” Mark offered, seeing how Jackson still a bit hazy from the sleep.

Jackson nodded, slowly getting up to join the other over at the couch before digging in on the food that Mark had ordered.

As they both eat silently, Mark’s eyes had never once leave his file which caused Jackson to stare because seeing this side of his enemy makes him realize that the older worked just as hard as him even if he looks like he didn’t.

“It’s there something wrong?” Mark asked when he caught the younger staring intensely at him, causing Jackson to quickly turn away and shook his head.

“How are you feeling, today?” Jackson asked instead, changing the subject to hide his embarrassment at being caught staring the older.

“A whole lot better, thanks to the medication and you.” Mark answered, muttering the last part to himself but Jackson didn’t fail to catch it which caused a smile to appear on his face.

“Good, you are alright with working outside today?” Jackson worried, pretending he didn’t hear the last part as he looked at the older whose thinking for a bit.

“Let’s just do all the discussion here then we can go and check on the materials together, later.” Mark suggested since he already had his needed plans and files out here seating on the table.

“Sure, let’s just do that. I will head back now to refresh and return with my stuffs.” Jackson agreed, quickly finishing his sandwich before excusing himself.

It didn’t take long before Jackson returned looking fresh and ready for the day and they started their discussion on how to put the ideas together.

Without them realizing, hours passed by and their discussion finally ended because of a phone call that Jackson needs to pick up.

“Jinyoungie!” Jackson answered happily while Mark just took a glance of that excited face while cleaning up their mess as they planned to straight away head out to check on the materials.

“Alright, I will welcome you at the front.” Jackson exclaimed before ending the call, quickly gathering his stuff to exit the room.

“I’m sorry, I think you have to go ahead first. I will see you there later.” Jackson apologized before zooming out of the room, not even waiting for Mark’s reply.

Mark sighed, he have expected this especially if Jinyoung it’s involved because it’s obvious Jackson would pick Jinyoung over him any time but not just this soon especially when things are finally getting better between them but it seems like, he was being too greedy to wish for more time alone.

Knowing it’s useless to self pity himself, Mark quickly headed out to check on the materials because it’s better than to be just stuck in his room and moping about how he didn’t hold any importance in Jackson’s life.

 ####

“Take a good rest today and we will start working tomorrow.” Jackson said after he finished distributing the room keys to his team members.

The staffs nodded to their CEO’s order before dispersing from the lobby area, leaving the trio behind to chat and catch up with each other.

“So, how is everything here hyung?” Bambam asked as they took a seat at the lounge area, clearly curious about how the last few days passed by for Jackson.

“Good, we did a lot of discussion.” Jackson answered which makes Bambam’s jaw dropped, since when did the enemies have such a good relationship.

“It’s amazing how neither of you aren’t dead yet. It’s a miracle.” Bambam gasped dramatically which cause Jackson to rolled his eyes at the younger.

“Well, I figured since we need to work together. We should somehow be in a better term than before.” Jackson explained himself which only caused Bambam to smile, clearly amused.

“How wonderful! Don’t end up falling for him though or you will waste all the time you spent hating on him.” Bambam teased, earning glares from Jackson who clearly wasn’t amused as he reached out for the nearby cushion and throw it at their youngest.

“I’m just saying, see you guys later.” Bambam said, sticking his tongue out at Jackson before running away with his luggage causing Jinyoung to laugh at the annoyed Jackson.

“Seriously! He really likes to bully me.” Jackson complained like a child to Jinyoung who just smile, shaking his head at the two childishness.

“Come, accompany me to my room.” Jinyoung exclaimed, dragging the grumbling other towards his room that’s located at the same corridor as Jackson.

“We are practically neighbour, awesome.” Jackson cheered as they entered the room next door to his, plopping himself on the bed while Jinyoung put away his luggage before joining him at the bed.

“Did something happened? It’s just weird how suddenly you are alright with him.” Jinyoung asked seriously, looking at Jackson who immediately turn serious.

“Let’s just say we learn how to get along especially me, I can’t hate on him if we gonna be working together, right?” Jackson said, smiling since he doesn’t want to trouble the other with anything other than work.

For those photos, he will try to work out on who's the culprit himself because they have more important things to focus on and he didn’t want to burden his best friend.

“Well, it’s all good. There’s nothing wrong with being friends with him again, right?” Jinyoung said, smiling to Jackson who return that smile, nodding to his words.

While talking about the older, Jackson suddenly remember about his promise to Mark earlier so he got up and excused himself.

“Jinyoungie, I need to go now to check on the materials with him. I will see you later for dinner.” Jackson exclaimed, stretching his body before gathering his stuffs.

“You want me to help out?” Jinyoung offered, wondering if the other need the extra help since it seems like Mark’s team hasn’t arrived yet and their team was given a time off today by Jackson.

“It’s fine, we can handle it alone. You get some rest.” Jackson said before bidding goodbye and head straight to the empty hall area where he learn that the materials for the remodeling were stored.

Meanwhile, Mark was busy matching the wood types to the ones that he wanted to use to rebuild the spa area when Jackson comes in running, panting hard.

“Hey.” Mark greeted with a smile before passing Jackson a list where he had listed the kind of materials used for different parts of the resort.

“I’m sorry, it took me a while.” Jackson apologized before he start working on checking and sorting while Mark just smile, watching the younger working with full of concentration.

They continue working with that comfortable silence surrounding them, both focus on their task to get the materials ready for tomorrow where the remodeling will start since their teams are all arriving by today.

While checking the paints seated on the high shelves, Mark suddenly lose balance due to the faulty ladder but luckily he was saved by Jackson who was taking a break at the side.

Mark stare at the other in shock, expecting himself to landed straight to the ground while Jackson’s heart raced as he stare straight into the eyes of  the older who's in his arm.

When their eyes met, it feels like as if the world stopped for them and they are the only ones in this world where their past didn’t matters.

“Ahemm...are we disturbing something?” Bambam’s voice was heard, dragging the duo out of their trance before they turn to see Bambam and Jinyoung staring at them.
 

“NO!” Both answered simultaneously, Jackson quickly puts the older down before smiling awkwardly at his best friends while rubbing his neck.

Mark could only smile awkwardly at the duo before returning to do his work, not wanting to interfere in the best friends chat as Jackson approached them.

“Hey, why are you guys here?” Jackson asked while Bambam just smiled, clearly amused to see Jackson flustered while Jinyoung just stare at Mark whose working quietly.

“Why, we can’t be here or something? Hmm…” Bambam teased again which earned him a light punch on the arm from Jackson while Jinyoung just shake his head at the teasing.

“Stop before he kills you.” Jinyoung remind, trying to save their youngest from Jackson who's clearly suffering from all the teasing especially with Mark Tuan around.

“Fine, we are here to pick you up for dinner. It’s already seven, hyung.” Bambam exclaimed which caused Jackson to immediately check his wristwatch before sighing, it was already this late.

“Mark, let’s go and eat.” Jackson called out, turning to looked at the older who clearly surprised by his invite including his best friends who shared a look with each other.

“It’s fine, you guys go ahead. I’m not hungry.” Mark kindly rejected, feeling rather out of place since he wasn’t used to being around the trio and not to mention it makes him uncomfortable at how Jinyoung kept staring his way.

“No excuses, you need to eat. You know how hard I work to make you feel better. If you fall sick again, I will be worried.” Jackson nagged as he walked towards Mark without realizing that the last part shocked the others.

“But…” Mark tried to reasoned but it was useless as Jackson dragged him by his hand towards his best friends before they all headed for the dining hall.

When he finally seated at the table with his food, he just awkwardly stare at Jinyoung who apparently was done choosing his serving from the buffet too while Bambam and Jackson was still busy squabbling at the buffet area.

“I didn’t thought that we will be sharing a table again, Mark. It’s good to see that things are better between you guys.” Jinyoung said, smiling at Mark who just nodded while feeling a bit weird since it’s been ages since they actually talk to each other.

“Me too, Jin. I’m glad we are all gathered here to work together.” Mark agreed, returning the smile before the squabbling duo appeared and took their seats, with Jackson beside Jinyoung and Bambam beside him.

The trio started chatting with him listening in, it was awkward but it wasn’t too bad that Mark can somehow get use to it  after all the squabbling between Jackson and Bambam helps him a lot.

“Markie hyung.” Yugyeom’s voice was heard before he appeared with Youngjae in tow causing Mark to wave at them before getting up to give them a hug.

“You guys just arrived? Where are the others?” Mark asked after he let go of the duo but Yugyeom still clung on to him, missing him a lot.

“We arrived about ten minutes ago, the others should be joining us soon since they went to check out their rooms first. Mr Park told us that he saw you here having dinner when he distributed the keys earlier.” Youngjae explained which earned a nod from Mark before he turned to look at the trio watching them.

“Why don’t they join us?” Jinyoung offered even though he noticed the tension between Jackson and Yugyeom who busy staring at his friend from the moment he laid his eyes on him.

“Markie..” Yugyeom whined like a baby, clearly not liking the idea seating with them but it didn’t help because Youngjae already settled himself down in a seat.

“Come on, Yugie..” Mark encouraged him before settling him down beside Youngjae who cooed over him since he is busy pouting.

“Aww, my cutiepoo.” Youngjae cooed which caused Mark to laugh heartily at that amusing petname while Yugyeom complained at how they are all meanies.

While watching Mark and his friends, Jackson couldn’t help but to noticed how Bambam’s expression just dropped since the arrival of the two.

“Hey, you alright?” Jackson asked which caught everyone’s attention as they turned to look at Bambam who immediately force at small smile on his face.

“I’m fine, just feel a little light headed. I’m gonna go and rest up first, excuse me.” Bambam said with a reassuring smile before excusing himself causing Jackson to exchange look with Jinyoung, clearly worried about the usually chirpy younger.

In the midst of everything, Youngjae didn’t failed to noticed at how Yugyeom’s expression changes as he watches Bambam walked away.

 ####

“Good job guys, this project has been awesome.” Mark said, smiling as the trio plopped down at the comfy couch at the lobby area.

“Well of course, somebody got to spend time with his beloved for the past two weeks.” Yugyeom teased causing Mark to rolled his eyes at their youngest.

“I’m not gonna entertain that nonsense.” Mark said, sighing as he knows for sure he don’t stand a chance especially after Jackson got Jinyoung that ring for his birthday two days ago.

Since Jinyoung’s birthday took place during their stay here, Jackson prepared a small pool party for him where they celebrated together with all the staffs including him and his staffs

With that ring given, Mark knows that he will forever be that friend Jackson had a bad past with it, that’s it.

“He is practically all over you, hyung. With all that skinships and flirting, don’t tell me there’s nothing going on.” Yugyeom continued teasing which just started to annoyed Mark, he don’t want to give himself false hope or he might get hurt again.
 
“We just got close, that’s all.” Mark reasoned, hoping that Yugyeom would just stopped already, he wasn’t in the mood to discuss about Jackson Wang.

“Like as if we believed you, right Jae hyung?” Yugyeom said, clearly amused as he look at Youngjae who immediately signalled with his eyes to stop after seeing Mark’s expression changed.

“Whatever, we are nothing, alright? He is just an acquaintance from work, nothing else. Can you just stop it?” Mark hissed, losing his patience with their youngest as he stare at Yugyeom who immediately look down in guilt.

“I’m heading to my room, get some rest too.” Mark added before getting up and walking away, leaving the sighing Youngjae and guilty Yugyeom behind.

“Let’s go and rest, Yugie.” Youngjae urged on, feeling bad as he dragged the nodding younger towards their rooms.

Unknown to the trio, Jackson overheard their conversation from behind the nearby pillar when he wanted to passed over some documents to Mark but instead he heard those unpleasant words.

Fuming in anger, he make his way back to his room with disappointment and regret for actually treating Mark nicely for the past two weeks.

Meanwhile, the duo bumped into Bambam on their way back at the corridor causing Yugyeom to paused his track, looking at Bambam who just awkwardly had a glance of them before walking away.

“Hyung, go ahead. I’m gonna go for a walk.” Yugyeom exclaimed, earning a confused nod from Youngjae before he disappeared, walking away in the same direction of Bambam.

Youngjae sighed, he wasn’t sure if he should follow the younger but just to be safe, he will follow but if there’s nothing much than he will retreat back to his room.

Yugyeom found Bambam seated at one of the bench in the garden area, fiddling with his phone while seems lost in his own thoughts.

“Hey.” Yugyeom greeted causing Bambam to slowly look up before looking a bit surprise to see him standing there, staring at him.

“Hi.” Bambam greeted back awkwardly before looking everywhere else except the tall figure that he hasn’t talk to in years.

“Can I take a seat?” Yugyeom asked carefully which earn him a small nod from Bambam who clearly nervous to be speaking with the other.

“How have you been?” Yugyeom asked, starting a conversation since he had always wonder that since they crossed path two years ago as Jackson and Mark’s friends.

Even if they keep crossing each other path, neither had the courage to bring up their past so they always passed each other like as if they are strangers.

“Good, you?” Bambam replied, looking at Yugyeom who just smile before nodding, not sure how he should act in front of his first love now.

“I never thought we would ever talk again.” Bambam added, looking away from that smile he loves as he stare into the night sky, watching the stars

“Me too, how’s your family back in Thailand?” Yugyeom agreed before looking up at the sky too, watching as the stars twinkle brightly in the night sky.

“Good.” was Bambam only answer before they fall into silence, both wasn’t sure on how to continue this conversation.

Youngjae who's watching them from the side can’t stand that awkward silent himself, it was obvious that they share a certain past  in his eyes.

Seeing it wasn’t something that he should worries about, he retreated back to his room and let the two have their privacy.

“Why did you suddenly left six years ago?” Yugyeom asked, dropping the question that as been haunting him for these past years.

“My family needed me.” Bambam answered slowly, knowing that he can’t avoid the question because he did left Yugyeom six years ago without any goodbye.

“It’s not because your mother is against us?” Yugyeom exclaimed which cause Bambam to quickly get up and excuse himself.

“I will head back first.” Bambam excused himself, letting out a small smile before walking away which leave Yugyeom sighing, his mind clouded with millions of things.

 ####

“Jackie, are  you sure? You might misunderstand his words.” Jinyoung exclaimed, trying to talk the other out of the crazy plan.

“No, I’m not gonna be nice anymore. You take care of this while I change.” Jackson said, eyes flaming in anger as he entered, slamming the door behind him.

Jinyoung sighed as he stare at Jackson’s sleeping pills on the table, it isn’t right to this but if he didn’t, it was just enraged Jackson more.

In the end, he force himself to drop a pill in the right side cup which meant for Mark before Jackson reappeared from the bathroom.

“Have you called her?” Jackson asked, standing at the opposite side of his coffee table while checking the cups of hot chocolate that he brought earlier.

“No, I will do it now. The left side is yours, right side is his. ” Jinyoung sighed before walking away to make his call to one of their female staff that Jackson needs for their plan.
 

Seeing how his pill bottle aren’t capped yet, Jackson thought that Jinyoung hasn’t dropped a pill so he pick up one and dropped it to the right side cup which he didn’t realized was his since he did stand opposite of where his best friend stood earlier.

“She will be up here in about an hour time.” Jinyoung reappeared, staring at Jackson worriedly as his friend get ready to leave the room.

“I’m going, take care of the celebration dinner for me.” Jackson said before leaving the room while Jinyoung stood there, hoping that things won’t go wrong because he had bad vibes about it.

Jackson walked his way to the room, running the plan in his head once more before knocking on Mark’s door which the older answered a few seconds later.

“I brought our favourite to celebrate.” Jackson said, smiling as he showed the two cups to Mark who grinned before inviting him in.

“You still drink this?” Mark asked after they had settled down, sipping on his drink as he looks at Jackson whose seated beside him.

“Of course, it’s comforting.” Jackson answered as he sipped on his own, secretly smirking as he watches Mark enjoying the drink

“You know I’m glad that we got to work together.” Mark said, sharing his feeling with the younger who stare at him, surprise at those words.

“My head feels heavy.” Mark suddenly exclaimed while Jackson knows that the pill is starting to take effect since it’s stronger than usual, he purposely got that to help him sleep on the nights where Mark Tuan haunts him.

Soon Mark was unconscious, his head dropped on the younger shoulder which caused Jackson to smirk as it took faster that he expected before he quickly carried the older to the bed and open his top.

He quickly left the room door ajar so that his staff could enter before taking a seat at the edge of the bed, messaging Jinyoung the next step.

His plan is to prank Mark by taking some indecent photos of him with a female in bed and used that to mess with the older because he was mad, really mad when he finds out that his effort to fix things between them for the past two weeks meant nothing to Mark Tuan.

Jackson knows that he might cross the line this time but he still wanted to do it, to satisfied his own anger by messing with the older.

He soon felt his own head starting to be heavy causing his body to drop on the bed before he feel stuffy, unconsciously taking his jacket off, leaving him with only his tank top on.

Meanwhile the others are all at the dining hall, having their celebration dinner with both boss missing which worries Bambam, Yugyeom and Youngjae.

“Do you know where Jackson hyung is?” Bambam asked which only caused Jinyoung to shook his head, acting like he doesn’t have a clue at his best friend whereabout.

Yugyeom and Youngjae tried calling Mark but nobody picked up which worries them but they assumed maybe the older was still mad about earlier.

As time passed by, Jinyoung who's getting nervous after seeing how the others are starting to look for the two bosses, searched for his phone in his pocket just to realized that he had left it in his room.

“Hyung, let’s look for Jackson hyung.” Bambam urged after discussing with the others who decided that they should start searching for their missing bosses who never turn up for the past two hours of the dinner.

Left with no choice Jinyoung prayed hard that Jackson had already exited the room with the staff since they only plan to snap a few pictures before exiting Mark’s room.

As they headed towards the corridor where the rooms are located, Yugyeom exclaimed out at how Mark’s door is left opened before they four rushed in with some other staffs that decided to help look earlier.

The sight that greeted them left their jaws hanging especially Jinyoung as he stare in disbelief at how Mark’s head is resting against Jackson’s chest while they are bundle up under the cover, both seemingly topless.

Yugyeom who was the first to notice the murmuring behind them, quickly asked the staffs to exit the room without realizing that a few of them had snapped pictures here and there.

When it’s  finally left only the four of them in the room, Jinyoung quickly nudged Jackson awake while Yugyeom was in charge of Mark.

“Yugie.” Mark muttered, lost to seeing the younger staring at him which such lost look before Yugyeom pointed to the person beside him.

Mark slowly turned to look at direction pointed before immediately jolting up, shocked that he was in Jackson’s embrace and topless too.

“Huh..Jinyoungie..” Jackson exclaimed after a few more times of shooking his body before he stare at his best friend lost.

Jinyoung didn’t say anything before turning away causing Jackson to slowly get up before turning to be greeted with a topless Mark and the others whose staring at him.

When he finally realized what happened, he check himself and notice that he is topless too, things backfired for him because this clearly wasn’t what he planned.

“Let’s leave them alone.” Youngjae said, he clearly noticed the evident tension between the two CEO and thought that they might need some space to talk this out.

“What happened?” Mark asked, slowly turning to look at Jackson who just stay quiet because he can’t possibly tell Mark the truth.

“Don’t tell me this an accident, we aren’t drunk for this to happened.” Mark added, waiting for Jackson to say something because he clearly needs to know how did they from drinking hot chocolate together, they ended up sleeping and cuddling in bed.

Jackson was at lost of words, he didn’t know how to save nor explain himself in this situation without making the situation more worse than it already is.

“Did you add something to the drink? Say something, Ka Yee.” Mark pressed on, putting his guess on the hot chocolate since he did remember how his head slowly got heavier earlier.

“I...it was just a prank. I didn’t mean any harm.” Jackson bursted under pressure, knowing that it was going to be bad for him either way, saying the truth or not.

“You drugged me for a prank? What did I do so wrong to you, huh?” Mark muttered in disbelieve as he stared at the younger in disappointment.

“Mark, listen. I’m sorry….” Jackson said, grabbing hold of Mark’s wrist but the older harshly pulled his hand away before getting out of bed, grateful that his pants is still on.

“I don’t wanna listen anymore, Jackson. Just go, I don’t wanna see your face.” Mark hissed, his heart hurting at the thought of the younger doing this to him, what had he done so wrong to deserve this.

Before Jackson could say anything, he quickly entered the bathroom and hide himself in there because he can’t stand to see that face, the same face that he love all this while. 

Sighing Jackson couldn’t do much as he gathered his clothing and stuffs with guilt before putting it on and exiting the room quietly.

Meanwhile Mark stare at his reflection in the mirror, he hates it how he seems so weak every time he faced with Jackson  which unconsciously caused him to punch the mirror, cracking it into bits.

“What did I do so wrong that I deserve this pain? Someone, please tell me.” Mark muttered to himself as he slide his back down the wall, tears dropping that instant to wash off the pain in his wounded heart.

A/N: Hello! Did anybody see this coming?

Jackson just has to ruined everything, right ? ;)

Wait for the next chapter to see what happen.

Thank you to all the subscribers for subscribing <3

InfinitelyCassie <3