#3: What's in your heart, is it love?

Denying You

#3: What's in your heart, is it love?

"WHAT!" Both exclaimed in shock, staring at Mrs Im who was just smiling at the shocked individual in front of her.

"Yes, you both heard it right. I personally like both proposals and thought that if it's being put together it will be perfect. It will be exactly how I wanted that resort to be remodeled." Mrs Im added calmly while looking at both who's still trying to grasps the situation.

"No, Auntie. I can't work with him." Jackson immediately rejected upon realizing that he might be stuck with his enemy for quite sometime if accept this project.

"Yes, Auntie. I don't think it's a good idea." Mark added, he would prefer to just let go of the project if he needs to be spending time with Jackson, it's just too much for him.

"Fine, if you don't like the idea than I will reject both proposals. I will only agreed to the deal if you both work on it together." Mrs Im stated, firm on her decision since she knows that at the end they can't said no to her.

The duo looked at each other, thinking hard about this deal especially at how hard they worked for a month with their respective team just for this deal.

"I will accept the deal if he is fine with it. I don't want to waste my team hardwork." Mark exclaimed after a few minutes of deep thinking, he gave in just for his team sake. 

Jackson looked at Mark, he didn't want to agreed but he felt bad for his team too especially Jinyoung who always pull a all nighter with him over at his place just to come up with all the ideas.

"Fine, I will do it." Jackson agreed which caused Mrs Im to smile, it's just the perfect opportunity for them to fix their relationship with each other.

"Good, you guys can fly in to Jeju by this weekend. Check the resort out first and see what's needed to be work on. I will entrust my resort to you guys, do a good job." Mrs Im said, smiling before she shaked hand with both CEO as they sealed the deal.

As they walked out of the office, they exchanged look with each other while thinking that it's gonna be hell in Jeju, facing each other every day.

Mark felt weird, looking at the younger especially after what happened in the club because his heart started thumping painfully, almost making it hard to breath.

"Are you ok?" Jackson asked when he realized the older break into cold sweats, looking a bit pale which the older only responded with a nod before running off.

Jackson sighed, not understanding that weirdo before he continue his own way back to his company to share the good but annoying news to the others.

####

"Take care, I will see you guys in a few days." Mark said, smiling as he gave his best friends one last hug before quickly waving goodbye, he needs to board now since he is running late.
 

By the time, he safely reached his assigned seat, he was surprised to see Jackson seating to his right, in another row.

He avoided the other's gaze before quickly settling in his seat, sighing at the fact that he still can't deal with Jackson even up until now.

Jackson just stare at the older, noticing how Mark is acting like as if he was invincible which weirdly bothered him.

With one last glance, he tried to ignore the older who by now had his earpiece on but he can't, his eyes kept going to Mark Tuan which annoyed him like crazy.

The whole time, Mark refrained himself from opening his eyes while immersing himself into the music without knowing that it pissed Jackson off so badly.

When they finally landed in Jeju, Jackson immediately go after the older who were surprised by Jackson's rather harsh approach.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jackson hissed after he turned Mark to face him which earned attention from the passerby at the airport.

“Why are you treating me like I’m invincible? Huh?” Jackson continued seeing how Mark wasn’t responding, just staring at him with an unreadable expression.

“Isn’t it better that I am not in your face. Why are you bothered by that?” Mark exclaimed, harshly pulling his wrist out of the younger hold.

“I…” Jackson tried to reasoned but he can’t find the right words so he ended up cutting his own words, it was hard for him to describe this weird feeling inside of him.

“Just leave me alone, please. I am really not in the mood right now.” Mark sighed as he stared at the younger one last time before walking away, leaving Jackson lost at trying to understand him.

Unfortunately, they were welcomed by the resort manager so they ended up in the same car ride to the resort which turn out to be one of the most quietest and awkward car ride for Jackson Wang.

“Here are your keys, Mr Tuan and Mr Wang.” Mr Park, the resort manager gave out their room keys not long after reaching the lobby which cause Mark to thanked before excusing himself first.

Jackson chatted a bit with Mr Park before excusing himself too, trying to get some rest before he start working again later.

After having dinner where he weirdly didn’t spot Mark anywhere at the dining hall, he decided for a walk around the resort while enjoying the night view.

Meanwhile Mark was seated at one of the lounge chair by the pool, drafting on some ideas in his notebook while listening to some music.

Since arriving here, his mind just can’t stop thinking about Jackson and he is trying his best to dismiss it by focusing on work and avoiding the younger at least for today so he can get his mind back on track.

When he finally finished drafting every ideas, he was about to keep aside his notebook but the sight of that picture seated in the clear front pocket of his favourite notebook paused his every intention.

It was a picture of him and Jackson taken during their last hang out together where they were the happiest together before everything fall apart a few days later.

The picture bring back so much memories especially the Ka Yee that was always smiling and the sweetest  to him but now that Ka Yee he knew, no longer existed and it hurt him so much.

It hurts to be the one holding on to that secret while being tormented carelessly by the person he loves the most, it doesn’t help that he can’t even share it  with anyone as he continues to carries that burden alone while wishing that Ka Yee to just come back.

Unknown to Mark, his tears of frustration and pain rolled down his cheeks without a warning as he let’s go of everything that he had bottled up all this while.

As Jackson walked passed the pool area, he finally spotted the other seated on the lounge chair which instantly caused him to approach but as he got closer, his steps got paused when he realized Mark is crying.

“Yi En…” Jackson muttered as he stares at the older who by now was sobbing, clearly wasn’t aware of his presence and it makes him even more worried.

He didn’t know why that his badly affected seeing Mark breaking down like that, he didn’t expect that someone like the other who always seems unaffected by everything can cried like that.

Unsure at what to do, Jackson just seated himself a few chairs away from Mark as he watches and accompany him in silence, he really hoped the older will feel better soon.

 ####

Mark smiles, watching his own reflection in the mirror as he forces a smile on his face again because it’s already a brand new day, a day to cheer up and face the world with positivity.

With one last check just to make he didn’t forget anything, Mark exited his room to head for breakfast and simultaneously Jackson also exited his room a few doors away too causing them to bumped into each other along the way.

“Good morning.” Jackson greeted softly as he walked past the older causing Mark to stopped his track, staring at the younger’s back view in shock.

Jackson just smile, knowing that he probably freak out his enemy but he thought hard last night and decided just maybe Mark deserved a break from the jerk Jackson Wang.

“Aren’t you going to breakfast?” Jackson asked when he noticed no footsteps behind him after turning to look at Mark who could only dumbly nod before continue his track, unknowingly trailing the younger.

When Mark finally settled at an empty table with his plate of breakfast and drink, he was surprised once again to see the other seated himself beside him but not saying anything and just start eating quietly.
 

Honestly, Mark is weird out by the sudden changes but he can’t denied at how happy he was just to be able to eat breakfast peacefully with Jackson without their usually intense exchange.

“What are you planning to do after this?” Jackson asked, trying to start a conversation with the quiet other beside him who look rather dazed.

“I’m going around to take pictures.” Mark said, earning a nod from the younger who intended to keep an eye on him today, especially seeing how out of it he is today.

Just like planned, Mark explored the resort after breakfast as he snapped countless number of pictures all over the place while Jackson secretly trailed after him, unconsciously smiling to himself whenever he see a smile on the older face.

Of course Mark didn’t failed to notice Jackson especially when he tried to hide at such obvious places, it makes him smile every time he spotted the other trying hard to hide.

Seeing how his stomach started growling since it’s almost lunch, he approached the hiding Jackson whose by the tree and patted his shoulder which startled the other.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” Jackson greeted awkwardly, waving a bit while smiling sheepishly as he try hard to cover up his embrassement at being caught by Mark.

Mark burst out laughing at the poor cutie in front of him, it tickle his heart at how hard Jackson tried to sound casual after being ‘caught’ by him.

“Don’t laugh, it’s embarrassing.” Jackson pouted, unknowingly his cute side resurface which caused Mark to just smile before ruffling his hair, unconsciously.

Jackson’s heart almost stop at the contact, bring back the memories at how Mark usually would ruffle his hair whenever he did well or make him happy.

It’s been so long that he almost forget how much he liked it every time the older did that to him because it convey everything to him without even saying a word.

“Do you wanna discuss the project over lunch?” Mark awkwardly suggested when he noticed at how the other just zone out on him for a bit.

“Sure.” Jackson replied, nodding before they both headed to dining hall and decided to pick a table out over at the balcony so that they can have a bit of privacy and discussed well.

It was surprising but somehow they had no problem discussing and adding in each other input on their respective proposal.

Throughout the discussion Mark couldn’t help but to stare at the younger who seems so adult and professional when he start talking about work, making his heart races a bit to see this side of Jackson.

“Don’t you know it’s rude to stare at someone?” Jackson teased when he once again caught the other staring which instantly caused Mark to focus on his files instead.

Jackson just stared at the older, smiling before he turned Mark’s face to face him by his chin which of course take the other by surprise as their eyes met.

“Is your heart racing because mine….” Jackson asked before taking Mark’s right hand and rested it on his chest, instantly the older could feel that heartbeat, beating like crazy.

Even before he could register at what is going on, Jackson suddenly put his hand down before turning to focus on work while trying to hide his pink cheeks.

“Stupid, what did you do?” Jackson scolded himself mentally, not understanding why he said those crazy things nor why his heart races until like that.

Before Mark could ask him what’s was that all about, Jackson’s phone ring which instantly caused him to pick up after he had smile upon seeing the caller’s name.

“Jinyoungie, I miss you.” Jackson’s exclaimed when he answered causing Mark to instantly looked away, how silly of him to thought that maybe the other had some feelings for him.

How can he forget about Jinyoung especially after witnessing their kiss at the club, it was obvious that Jinyoung is special to Jackson especially after seeing how the other smile just by talking with him on the phone.

He could only focus on working, blocking out that excited voice and laughter as they chatted for a bit until Jackson finally put down the device, looking at him.

“I think we discussed enough for today, let’s update each other tomorrow if there’s any changes. I’m heading to my room first.” Mark excused himself when he couldn’t handle Jackson’s eyes on him as the awkwardness started filling the air for him again.

Jackson wondered did something happened as he watched the older walking away in a hurry, almost like running away from him.

Seeing there wasn’t any used in pondering about it any longer, Jackson decided to head back to his room too and get some rest since he didn’t sleep properly last night.

When Jackson finally got up from his nap, it’s already past dinner time but luckily he wasn’t that bothered since he was still full from all the snacking during the discussion earlier.

He got up to stretch his body before going to the washroom to refresh himself and take a quick shower and as he exited the bathroom, the door bell rings.

Jackson quickly wrapped the bathrobe tighter around him before answering the door but there wasn’t anyone there, only a white envelope lying on the floor in front of his door.

He bend down to get the envelope, closing the door before opening to check the content which instantly caused his blood to boils.

“What the hell is this?” Jackson hissed, throwing the picture of him holding Mark by the chin as they stare at each other earlier at the dining hall balcony.

Immediately he remember about the previous photo which only caused him to think about Mark Tuan as he quickly got change and headed straight for the older’s room with the picture in his hand.

Jackson rang the doorbell a few times but there wasn’t any response so he concluded the older wasn’t in room and headed downstairs to look for him,

Meanwhile Mark was just chilling by the pool, enjoying the quietness since it calms his mind as he looked up at the stars.

His mind has been a mess for quite sometime so to finally relax and chilled like this in the breeze, it was a bonus for him coming here to Jeju.

“Mark Tuan.” Jackson’s sharp voice was heard before he appeared in front of him with a pissed expression which caused the older to instantly got up from his lounge chair and face him.

“Can you explain this to me?” Jackson added, showing the picture to Mark who immediately pulled the picture out of his hold in disbelief.

“How would I know? Why are people watching us like this?” Mark said, clearly lost about the picture origin while at the same time thinking about the person who's doing this to them because they really have the guts to followed them all the way here to Jeju.

“People? Don’t you mean yourself? That’s why you have been acting weirdly lately, right?” Jackson hissed, snatching the picture out of Mark’s hold before shredding it into pieces.

“What? You still think it’s me. How many times should I repeat this, I have nothing to do with this.” Mark sighed causing Jackson to rolled his eyes at the older’s words.

“I don’t care, you better stop or you will regret it.” Jackson warned, staring straight into the older’s eyes which cause Mark to laughed at how stupid the situation is.

“Why? You wanna torture me more or even kill me? Go ahead, it doesn’t matter to me. I had enough of this nonsense.” Mark mocked before trying to walked away but Jackson stopped him, grabbing onto his wrist harshly which caused to older to whince.

“Don’t challenge me, Mark Tuan. You will regret it.” Jackson whispered into Mark’s ear which caused the older to sighed, how many times should he said it before the other understands.

Without a warning the rain suddenly pour down over them but they didn’t budge, neither wanted to seek shelter from the heavy rain as they just stand there in pure pain and frustration.

“For the last time, I have nothing to do with this madness.” Mark said calmly, trying once again to get his words into Jackson’s head but it failed, the younger’s hold on him just got tighter.

“If it’s not you, who would do this, huh?” Jackson growled, losing his mind at this point due to the frustration towards this situation.

“Maybe it’s someone who have something against you o…” Mark tried to explained but Jackson cut him, exploding as he let go of that wrist harshly.

“Who would do this to me other than you? It doesn’t even make sense now. What do they want from this?” Jackson shouted his tone getting higher with each word, clearly agitated by the whole thing.

Jackson had enough, his head is about explode so he walked away but Mark wanted to calm him down so he called for the younger, going after him.

“Jackson, listen..” Mark pleaded but instead Jackson just pushed him aside which caused him to fall into the pool due to the slippery floor because of the pouring rain.

Jackson was too caught up in his own anger that he walked away, leaving Mark soaked and shivering in the pool and rain.

“What should I do with you, Ka Yee?” Mark muttered as he slowly climbed out of the pool and pray hard that somebody would give them some answer to this.

A/N: Hello! How this chapter for everyone? I hope you all are still enjoying it and don't forget to comment your thoughts on it. 

 I will like to ask if anyone interested in buying a book or e-book version of my past markson fics? If yes, which one? It's just a survey so please share with me your choice in the comment too. Thank you, I appreciate it so much.

Thank you to all the subscribers for subscribing <3

InfinitelyCassie <3