#11: What should I have done to make it better?

Denying You

#11: What should I have done to make it better?

Jackson just stares at the quiet older beside him, it had been this quiet since they left the pension house and it’s driving him nuts because he could literally hear his own breathing in this lift.

“Yi En..I...” Jackson started, still hesitating on his words when the lift opened as they reached their level which caused the older to ignore him and walk off.

He sighed before running after the older but to only stopped in surprise to see who's standing in front of their condo, just like Mark who's a few steps in front of him.

“Hey Jackie, Mark.” Jinyoung greeted with a smile while Jackson panicked, quickly turn to look at Mark who by now had that nonchalant look back on his face.

“What are you doing here?” Jackson asked, he clearly didn’t expect to see the other here out of all places especially after the whole issue about Jinyoung liking him

“Since you texted that you are on the way back, I thought that I should dropped by.”
Jinyoung replied, a smile clearly on his face while trying hard to not smirked at Mark’s expression.

Upon hearing those words Mark just turned to look at the younger, nothing really surprise him at this point.

Jackson mentally smacked himself, applauding himself for making the situation between him and Mark more worst especially with the fact that they just argued over Jinyoung.

“Well, enjoy your stay Jin. I’m heading out first.” Mark announced, knowing well enough that he wasn’t in the mood nor state to be in the same space as the couple, he needed a breather by himself.

“Where are you going?” Jackson asked, holding on to the older who only smiled, moving closer to his ear.

“I wouldn’t want to disturb your private time with your Jinyoungie, wouldn’t I Ka Yee?” Mark whispered before pressing a kiss on his cheek, earning a clear frown from Jinyoung.

“See you later, Mandu.” Mark cooed sweetly before walking off, smirking at the fuming Jinyoung while Jackson is clearly having a mental breakdown.

####


It feels good, awesome even just to be away from everything as he drive aimlessly throughout the city as the sun sets and the night greeted him.

When Mark finally feel thirsty, he stopped at a quiet cafe before sipping away his hot chocolate, enjoying the scenery outside through that glass window.

As he slowly got back into his own thoughts, Mark started to questioned his own decisions especially this marriage because it obviously wouldn't work, not when Jackson is madly in love with Jinyoung to the point that he hated himself for hurting the other. Mark could only smile bitterly at how he holds a title in Jackson's life but he hold no meaning in the younger's eyes except as a burden.

Sighing, he shook those depressing thoughts away before checking the time and realize it's time to head home so after paying for his drink, he slowly make his way back to his car which required him to passed an alley beside the cafe where he suddenly heard sounds coming from it causing the young CEO to paused his tracks as he heard a familiar voice.

“You think people don't know your true character?" The voice hissed, obviously sounded like he is in pain.

“Shut up, rat. It's because of you rats going through people's trash that I am in this mess." An annoyed voice shouted before a whince could be heard, it seems like he just punch the other in the face just from the shadows.

Mark couldn't stand it anymore so he approached quietly from behind and slowly the sight of a figure clearly trashing the other who's already bleeding on the ground becomes more clear.

He quickly kicked the other from the side, causing the figure to fall but he was quick to recover, ready to counter attack Mark but the young CEO give him no chance has he dodged the attack and swing a punch straight to the other face, sending the figure straight back to the ground with a bleeding nose and lips.

He could only thanked his martial arts skills that he picked up growing up during times like this. 

“Scram or I'm calling the police." Mark warned, pulling the device from his back pocket which caused the figure to quickly cursed before fleeing the scene.

Mark sighed in relief before he turned to help the figure whose bleeding from his head up and when the said person finally saw his face, he was surprised.

“Let's get you to the hospital.” Mark said as he helped him out of the alley while the other took a while to process what just happened before rejecting the idea.

“No, I will be fine.” The said person rejected desperately causing Mark to sighed before he brought him to his car and seated him in the backseat.

“Wait here, I will be back.” Mark said before running off, not even waiting for the other respond as he headed for the nearest pharmacy he could find and bought a first aid kit and more bandages.
“You really don’t need to do this.” The other exclaimed awkwardly when he saw Mark returned with the needed items for his injuries but the young CEO ignored him and just go ahead and treated the wounds on his face and head.

He stares at the figure quietly, really not expecting Mark Tuan to be treating his wounds in his car nor even saving him back then in the alley and unknowingly his heart started to race as he observe that attractive features on the younger Tuan.

“All done, you need a drive home?” Mark exclaimed as he finished wrapping the bandages around his head, quickly keeping the unused stuffs back into the kit.

“No, I will be fine.” The figured replied quickly, avoiding eye contact with Mark who by now was looking at him before nodding understandingly, he helped the injured out of his car.

“You know, you should be lesser of a prick sometime, Im Jaebum.” Mark said with a small smile causing the reporter to quickly look at him in surprise.

“You remember my name?” Jaebum asked in awe, it’s rare of people to remember his name unless he had done something to expose their dirty laundry.

“Let’s just say you left a strong impression on me. Goodnight. ” Mark greeted before making his way into car and drive off, leaving the stunned reporter behind with a thumping heart.

When Mark reached back at their condo, he was surprised that it was so quiet that he could hear his own breathing.

He slowly make his way to his room, thinking that Jackson might had fallen asleep since he wasn’t spotted anywhere else in the condo but paused his track when he realize there is movement coming from their work room.

The older took a peek in since the door was ajar and were surprised to see Jinyoung all alone in that room and to make it worse he was going through the files on his desk, not Jackson’s.

“Yi En..” Jackson’s voice was heard, startling the older as he quickly turned to be greeted by a lost younger who staring at him weirdly.

“Do you wanna come in? We are just in there discussing on a project.” Jackson offered which caused Mark to quickly shook his head before walking away, he don’t want Jinyoung to know that he was watching him.

“Where did you go?” Jackson asked again softly, not wanting his best friend overhearing the conversation as he stopped the older in his track.

“Anywhere, why do you care?” Mark asked, trying to continue his track but Jackson suddenly hugged him tight, hiding his face on the crook of his neck.

“Please, hold me.” Jackson whispered which caused Mark to instantly wrapped his arm around the other, detecting that something is wrong.

“Did something happened, Ka Yee?” Mark asked softly as he rubbed circles on Jackson’s back, trying to comfort the other.

“We lost again, it’s already the third one this month.” Jackson said, pouring out his worries that Mark instantly understood, he was talking about project deals.

Now, if it were just a deal then Mark would had said there was nothing to fret about because there’s always others opportunity but to lose three in the same month, something clearly didn’t add up especially not after what he had just witnessed.

“Jackie.” Jinyoung’s voice was heard as he appeared at the door, looking at the pair in clear displeased which cause Jackson to quickly let go, surprising even Mark.

“Aren’t we gonna continue working?” Jinyoung asked causing Jackson to nod before following him suit and enter the work room, leaving Mark behind hurt and annoyed.

When Mark finally entered his room, he quickly called the youngest in their circle who didn’t take too long to answer.

“Yes, Markie hyung?” Yugyeom answered happily after excusing himself from Bambam who just nodded as he munches on his fries.

“Hey Yugie, sorry to disturb at this timing but I need your help.” Mark apologized before going straight to the point so he won’t take too much time out of the younger’s time.

“No problem, hyung. What kind of help do you need?” Yugyeom said, clearly curious at what’s the request about since his oldest sounded so serious at the moment.

“Can you help run a check on Park Jinyoung, any info that you can find about him especially circling on projects deals?” Mark requested, surprising Yugyeom a bit since he clearly know that Park Jinyoung has a sweet and nice image in general even to him.

“Sure, hyung. I will update you once I digged out the details.” Yugyeom said, knowing that something is up if his Markie hyung has personally requested for it.

“Thanks, Yugie. Goodnight.” Mark thanked, ending the call with the younger with a goal set in mind that he's gonna find out the truth, no matter how ugly it’s gonna be.

Meanwhile back a fast food place, Yugyeom had just returned back to his seat after that call which cause Bambam to looking at him with a questioning look.

“Mark hyung called, you know work stuffs.” Yugyeom lied, knowing that he can’t say the truth to the other especially not when Park Jinyoung is his best friend.

“Urrgh..work. It’s been a pain for me the last few weeks.” Bambam sighed at the thought of work since they were flooded with problem after problem.

“What happened?” Yugyeom asked, wondering if things is bad back at the Wang’s or Bambam was just complaining like usual.

“Well you know with Jackson’s hyung wedding and stuffs, I and Jinyoung hyung was left in charge but things aren’t working out, we already lose three in this month itself.” Bambam sighed before munching on his burger angrily while Yugyeom wonders did it had something to do with call earlier.

“Why? Your proposal wasn’t good enough?” Yugyeom asked, trying to get more details on the situation.

“No, it seems like our ideas was leaked and we are even accused of copying another company ideas once. It such a mess and we are currently trying to find the mole.” Bambam explained while Yugyeom nodded before reaching out to wipe the sauce off Bambam’s lips with a napkin.

“Thanks.” Bambam croaked out awkwardly before taking over the napkin and wipe his mouth clean while Yugyeom just smile.

“Well, don’t stress about it. Take it slow and I’m sure the truth will come to light one day.” Yugyeom said, assuring the other before focusing back on his own burger.

“Yea, hopefully. Thanks for hearing me out, I needed that.” Bambam said shyly which caused Yugyeom to grinned.

“I should be thanking you instead, giving me the chance to spent time with you like old times. Thanks Bammie.” Yugyeom said sweetly that Bambam blushed hard causing the other to laughed at him.

“Stop being a meanie.” Bambam scolded, throwing a fry at Yugyeom before hiding his pink cheeks behind the menu stand seating on the table causing the other to just grinned at that cuteness.

####

“Yi En, why are you still here all alone?” Mrs Wang asked, looking worriedly at her son in law who looked dazed out in the middle of the crowd.

“I’m waiting for Ka Yee.” Mark answered, turning to give a little smile at the elder who's also waiting for her son to show up.

“It’s alright dear, he will be here soon. You just enjoy the party.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, knowing that the older seems to be annoyed at Jackson for being late, tonight.

“It’s your birthday, Mommy and you are waiting for him too.” Mark pointed out, clearly mad at the younger for not even calling nor texting that he will be late to his own mother’s birthday party.

“Aww, dear. Don’t be too mad, you being here for me already make me happy.” Mrs Wang said, hugging her poor son in law whose seems stressed out and dazed these days.

“Thank you, Mommy. I really needed that.” Mark whispered, holding his mother in law tighter while Mrs Wang smiled, rubbing soothing circles on his back.

“Hey, it’s everything alright?” Mrs Tuan asked worriedly, appearing beside Mrs Wang which caused the hug to slowly break apart before Mark pulled his mother in for a hug this time round.

“Did something happened?” Mrs Tuan mouthed to her best friend while comforting her only son in her embrace.

“Not sure but it’s Ka Yee for sure.” Mrs Wang mouthed, knowing that whatever Yi En is going through, it has to do with her Ka Yee.

“Yi En, are you alright sweetie?” Mrs Tuan asked after nodding to her best friend which caused Mark to pulled away with a small smile.

“Yes, Ma. I just missed those hugs from the both of you.” Mark simply answered, knowing that the problems between him and Jackson shouldn’t spoil this special day.

The two elderly nodded before sharing a look, knowing that Yi En had something to hide but they didn't pushed further on the topic.

“Happy Birthday, Mrs Wang.” Mrs Im appeared, teasing the lady causing them to break into laughter before exchanging hugs including Mark who was glad to see his Imo.

“Someone is missing, where is your Jackson, Mark?” Mrs Im teased the young CEO causing him to blushed a little, it’s weird hearing someone calling the younger, ‘his’.

“He's running late, you know that workaholic.” Mrs Wang answered for Mark after seeing those pink blush on her son in law’s cheeks.

“Ah, I understand you. I barely dragged my workaholic son with me, today too. Where is he?” Mrs Im sympathised before looking around to look for her son in the crowd with others anticipating including Mark since the lady never really introduce her son before.

“Ah, there he is.” Mrs Im suddenly exclaimed after spotting her son, waving to him so that he can join them and when Mark finally got a clear view of the face, his jaw drops.

“Everyone, this is my son. Im Jaebum, he’s Mark’s age.” Mrs Im introduced her son who greeted the two elder ladies awkwardly before pausing at Mark, causing his mother to laugh.

“I heard about you helping him out, Mark. I’m always worried for incident like that because of his job but he just won’t listen. Thank you for helping this stubborn child of mine.” Mrs Im thanked, she seriously feel grateful after hearing out from her son at how     Mark Tuan saved him two weeks ago.

“No, it’s nothing Imo. I just happened to be there and lend a helping hand.” Mark said, not thinking much of the incident since he is always ready to lend a helping hand to anyone.

“Your such a sweetheart, Mark. Jackson is a lucky guy, indeed.” Mrs Im teased which just caused the young CEO to force a smile because he knows that the younger should always think of him as a mistake.

“Well, why don’t we chat more at the table? Let’s the young bloods bond.” Mrs Tuan suggested after detecting that fake smile from her son.

“Sure, take good care of him Mark.” Mrs Im informed causing Jaebum to almost hide in embrassement while the others just chuckled including the young Tuan.

“Omma, I’m not five. Go ahead.” Jaebum complained causing Mrs Im to laughs before she were dragged away.

“Well, that was embarrassing.” The reporter sighed while Mark just smile, watching the mothers settling down at the table, busy chatting away.

“She adores you, don’t she?” Mark exclaimed, turning to look at the reporter who had a smile on his face as he look at his mother’s direction.

“She can be a pain at times but still my precious mother, right?” Jaebum pointed out, earning a nod from Mark before he suggested to hang out at the backyard where there’s less people.

“How’s your injuries?” Mark asked after they took a seat at bench before sipping on his drink that they had grabbed a glass each on the way out.

“It’s good, all cured.” Jaebum answered, turning to look at the other seated beside him which almost caused his heart to stop beating upon seeing that smile for him on Mark’s face.

“You really shouldn’t go around giving that kind of smile to just anyone.” Jaebum exclaimed before he quickly turn away causing Mark to be lost at his words.

“Is wrong to smile now?” Mark asked, clearly lost which caused Jaebum to laugh hard, something he never expect to be doing when he reluctantly agrees to attend this party with his mother.

“No but it’s wrong when you are this attractive.” Jaebum answered causing Mark to smile amused at those words.

“Are you flirting with me now? Hmmm…” Mark teased causing Jaebum to grinned sheepishly before moving closer to his ear.

“What if I am?” Jaebum whispered, clearly playing along because honestly, who can deny that Mark Tuan is damn attractive.

“I don’t think your mother would mind.” Mark replied before they bursted out laughing, knowing that Mrs Im favours Mark to death.

“It seems like I’m not needed here.” An annoyed voice was heard before the pair stopped laughing and turn to look at the figure staring at them from the balcony door.

“I think I should go.” Jaebum excused himself before leaving the nonchalant Mark and fuming Jackson behind in the backyard.

Mark didn’t intend to say anything, he was too tired to say something so he quickly got up and entered back to look for someone other than Jackson but the younger was quick to grabbed his wrist and dragged him to his room, upstairs.

“What were you doing with that prick? Flirting?” Jackson hissed the moment he slammed the door behind him, glaring at Mark who harshly free himself from the younger’s hold.

“That prick happens to be Mrs Im’s only son.” Mark answered flatly, taking a seat at the edge of the bed.

“So? It didn’t change the fact that he was a prick.” Jackson rebutted back, clearly not amused by the older nonchalant attitude towards him at this moment.

“Fine, doesn’t mean you don’t like him, I can’t like him.” Mark said, looking at the younger like as if he was stupid or something.

“Yo..u li..ke him?” Jackson choked in disbelief because there's no way that prick can be more appealing than him.

“Yes, I do. He is funny and fun to be with not like someone.” Mark exclaimed, smiling as he stares at how Jackson’s face just dropped even more upon his words.

“What are you trying to implied?” Jackson snapped, clearly offended as he marched towards the older before pulling him up, face to face with him.

“Nothing, where is your Jinyoungie? He didn’t come?” Mark mocked, trying to free himself again from the younger but the hold was tighter than before.

“You…” Jackson hissed, the grip getting tighter by the second that it hurts Mark but the older didn’t say anything.
 
“What?” Mark challenged, staring straight at the younger who suddenly close the gap between them, stealing a kiss on his lips.

“Don’t ever let me hear you talking about him again.” Jackson warned after pulling away while the older could only stayed rooted, obviously shocked by that sudden kiss.

“Ka Yee…” A familiar voice was heard, knocking on the door which caused the younger to quickly answer it while Mark snapped out his shock upon seeing the person behind the door.

“Your Mommy is waiting for you guys to cut the cake. Hurry up, lovebirds. ” Mr Wang informed, smiling at the pair before walking away while Jackson was quick to grab the older’s hand into his.

“What are you doing?” Mark asked annoyed, trying to entangle their hand but it was no use caused Jackson just smirked before dragged him out of the room.

“You aren’t going anywhere, Mark. Don’t even dream of getting close to him.” Jackson said under his breath with a big smile as the pair climbed down the stairs, a few pairs of eyes on them.

Mark just smile at those words coated with jealousy before purposely squeezing the hand in his which almost caused the younger to wince in pain but he kept a straight face.

“Stop it..” Jackson hissed, side glaring at the amused older who just keep on squeezing until he reluctantly let go at the bottom of the stairs, cursing the older mentally.

“I thought I would shower you with some love after that stolen kiss.” Mark said, smirking before leaving behind a super pissed Jackson Wang.

####

“I’m so sorry, I made you drive all the way back here.” Bambam apologized, seeing how today isn’t the luckiest day for him since his car broke down during lunch and when he finally hitched a ride from Yugyeom to attend Mrs Wang’s party, he forget his apartment key back at the office.
 
“It’s not a big deal, you want me to accompany you?” Yugyeom said, smiling before earning a nod from Bambam who complain at how their office can be creepy at night. 

They headed to the ten floor where his desk located and when they quietly made their way, they were surprised to see source of light coming from a certain office.

“Isn’t Jackson hyung at the party?” Bambam asked himself mentally since he got a text from the older earlier that he already arrived.

“Is something wrong?” Yugyeom asked when he notice their track where paused and the other were staring at the litted office.

“I feel something off, follow me.” Bambam whispered over, signalling to Yugyeom to follow as they got closer to the office but still hiding by the pantry area.
They were surprised to see Jinyoung going through files on Jackson’s desk while snapping away on his handphone.

It wasn’t long until the device rang which cause Jinyoung to answer as he quickly clean up his mess to exit the room.

“Don’t worry, consider it’s done. I will see you tomorrow to pass it at the usual place.” Jinyoung’s voice was heard as he passed by them to exit the office, clearly unaware for the duo watching him from earlier.

“I can’t believe it, it’s him.” Bambam sighed in disbelief as he looked at Yugyeom who only patted his shoulder, knowing it must be hard for the other to take in and luckily for him, he managed to snap a picture for his Mark hyung.

“Let’s go or we will be late.” Yugyeom urged after a few minutes passed by causing Bambam to nod as he quickly grab his keys in the top drawers of his desk before they exited the office.

Meanwhile back at the Wang’s mansion, Mrs Im was about to leave as she and Jaebum bid goodbye to both families.

“It been such a great night, thank you for inviting me.” Mrs Im exclaimed as she gave Mrs Wang one last hug while Jaebum awkwardly smiled to everyone including the glaring Jackson.

“It’s been such a pleasure, everyone. Thanks for having us.” Jaebum said before looking straight at Mark, grinning at the other.

“Aww, just look at how well they got acquitted, sadly we missed the chance.” Mrs Im exclaimed causing everyone to look at her lost while Mrs Tuan just smiled.

“Ah, yes. We did planned to matched make them before, right? Since your Imo loves you to death.” Mrs Tuan added, directing the last line to the surprised Mark while Jackson almost roll his eyes at those words.

“If I know, I would had agree to the dates earlier, Omma. It seems like I missed the train.” Jaebum joked lightly causing everyone to laugh except for Jackson Wang.

“See, bestie, I know what my son likes.” Mrs Im added, nudging her best friend who nodded smiling at Mark who had step up, moving closer to Jaebum.

“Well, nobody said we can’t be friends, right?” Mark said, giving his hand out for a shake which Jaebum gladly accepted even though he noticed those death glare coming from behind the attractive human being in front of him.

With that being said they exchanged numbers against Jackson’s will before biding their final goodbye but the last words whispered by Jaebum just got the younger’s blood boiling even more.

“Don’t forget what I said earlier or you might just break hearts again.” Jaebum whispered causing Mark to chuckled at their flirty joke earlier before nodding.

When the pair of mother and son finally left, Jackson feel like dragging the older away again but Bambam suddenly showed up among the crowd with Yugyeom.

“Happy Birthday, Auntie.” Bambam wished which earn him a hug from Mrs Wang before she quickly ask him to grabbed some food, knowing that both clearly returned from work.

“Let’s go, we can chat over at the table.” Jackson said asking the two newly arrived ones to join him and Mark at their table.

“Hyung, can we talk?” Yugyeom called out once he make sure the other two walk ahead first before dragging the older to a quieter corner.

“Is something wrong, Yugie?” Mark asked wondering what happened to get the younger this serious when he showed his phone screen to the older.

“This is crazy.” Mark exclaimed in disbelieve as he scrolled through the few pictures that Yugyeom managed to snapped earlier.

Therefore the younger filled in on the older at how he and Bambam caught Jinyoung in action and also about the conversation they heard.

“We need to do something or he will ruin Jackson at this rate, is the check up on him completed?” Mark sighed in displeased at the news, especially at the fact that Jinyoung actually dare to betray Jackson’s full trust like this.

“I’m left with a bit more but from what I collected so far, his bad news and he certainly aiming at Wang hard. If we are not careful, he might just destroy the whole company. Be careful, hyung.” Yugyeom warned, earning a nod from Mark who suggested that they should probably return to the others before they start looking for them.

“It’s gonna be a fight, Park Jinyoung. I’m not gonna let you erase that smile.” Mark promised to himself as he walked back to the table where his Ka Yee had that big smile on has he chatted away with Youngjae and Bambam.

A/N: Hello, everyone. How was this update? Did you guys expected JB's reappearence? It seems like Jackson finally got a chance to be jelly. Don't forget to share your feels with me. Like always, thanks for reading and subscribing everyone.
<3 InfinitelyCassie