#8: What if there’s lies in the truths?

Denying You

#8: What if there’s lies in the truths?

“Jinyoungie , what were you thinking?” Jackson asked, the moment he pulled away from the hug that he had greeted the pale Jinyoung with a few minutes ago.

Jinyoung look down in guilt instantly, making Jackson feel bad for even asking.

“Let’s talk inside, hyung.” Bambam suggested, seeing how the two had fall into a silence in front of Jinyoung’s apartment.
 
“You know how worried I am? Why did you do that?” Jackson tried again, this time more carefully after they had taken seat on the couch in the living room.

“I just have so much going on. I’m sorry.” Jinyoung apologized, looking down at the floor in shame which just caused Jackson to sigh before he grabbed hold of his right hand and entangle with his.

“Why didn’t you say anything to me?” Jackson sincerely asked, knowing that if his best friend had shared with him than he would do anything in his power to help.

“You seems busy with the wedding and all, I didn’t want to disturb.” Jinyoung said slowly, successfully installing the guilt in Jackson as he immediately frown upon hearing those words

“Why don’t you get some rest first, hyung?” Bambam suggested, saving the situation again when he saw Jackson secretly taking the blame for what happened today, just from his guilt ridden expression.

Jinyoung nodded since it’s obvious he had achieved his goal today, now what it’s left is for Jackson to feel guilt for even agreeing to the marriage especially with the ‘truth’ he fed Bambam earlier.

Jackson volunteered to help him to his room and slowly the two made their way before he helped Jinyoung rest his body comfortably on the bed.

“I’m going to be outside, call me if you need anything.” Jackson assured, smiling as he ruffled his best friend’s hair one last time before planning to exit but his intention was paused by a hold on his wrist.

It surprised him but he slowly turned to see Jinyoung silently in tears which instantly caused him to take a seat at the edge of the bed and hug him.

“Jackie…I’m sorry I made you worried.” Jinyoung apologized, his voice ‘cracking’ which just sadden Jackson even more to see the other in this state.

“Jinyoung, please don’t do this to yourself again. I can’t afford to lose you, understand that?” Jackson said, hugging his best friend even tighter without realizing the small smirk playing on Jinyoung’s lips.

“Now, take a good rest. We will talk more later.” Jackson said, smiling as they pulled apart which earn a nod from Jinyoung before he resumed his intention to exit the room after tucking the other back in bed.

Jinyoung smirked as he watches the door close, his plan today was a big success because he even managed to fool the sharp Bambam, he deserve some reward for that wonderful acting.

“What happened, Bam?” Jackson asked, the moment he took a seat beside the younger on the couch after exiting Jinyoung’s room.

“I suddenly got a text from him which caused me to rush here, it was too suspicious.” Bambam explained, reaching in his jeans pocket to pull out his phone before showing the text to the other.

I’m sorry and Goodbye

“By the time, I reached here. I can heard the cleaning lady shouting from outside so I quickly let myself in with the spare key he gave me before and I was greeted with the sight of him trying to cut his wrist with a penknife while the lady were shouting for him to stop. 

It was a total mess and shocking for me but I managed to approached him slowly from the side and grab him unaware before pulling the object out of his hold and throw it aside. “ Bambam added, explaining the whole scary incident from earlier that he glad was over because it was too traumatic for him to see Jinyoung in that state.

Jackson patted Bambam’s shoulder, knowing that he was probably shaken by everything but still managed to stay strong and calm for Jinyoung throughout the whole incident.

“Actually, I asked him after he had calm down as to why did things escalated like this,  he didn’t want to share at first but I begged him, if he really see me as his best friend that he would share with me. He finally opened up and told me that he felt guilty about what happened to us because it was his fault for hissing at me and not stopping you.” Bambam said, sighing as he remember at how Jinyoung were in tears saying sorry to him earlier.

Jackson sighed, knowing that his crazy plan had ruined everything for everyone even his best friend but to think that Jinyoung tried to killed himself over that it’s just not right.

“It can’t just be that, right? Something else must had happened.” Jackson pointed out because knowing Jinyoung, he wasn’t the type to just give in to suicide just like that.

“It seems like he argued again with his father and his depression seems to had returned.” Bambam added in, pointing at the pill bottle seating on Jinyoung’s dining table.

Jackson stare in shocked, it’s been ages since Jinyoung actually fall into depression and to see that bottle again, it means something big happened that’s pressuring him.

“He told me something else too but promise, you won’t say anything because I already promised him not to share but I thought you needed to know this.” Bambam said, looking at Jackson seriously which caused the older to nod before giving the other his full attention.

“He confessed that he loves you but he knows that you never see him as more than a best friend and I guess it didn’t help that in his current situation now, you are busy preparing for your wedding. Everything seems to hit on him in one go, mercilessly that might just trigger the bad thoughts in him.” Bambam shared the truth, knowing that Jackson deserve to know or he might just unconsciously hurt Jinyoung more without him realizing.

To say he was shocked, it was an understatement because he had always thought they had a special bond but not to the point of love but thinking back, Jinyoung never leave his side no matter what even when Mark did.

He was loyal to him and were always by his side that he feels weird when he wasn’t.

Sighing, Jackson run his hand through his hair because he seriously didn’t  know what to do since it’s not everyday you found out that your best friend in love with you less than a week before your wedding.

It’s a mess, that’s for sure.

####

“Markkk..” Jackson whispered into the older’s ear, laughing when he saw Mark stirred as he scrunched his nose cutely causing the other to repeat again, teasing the asleep older.

“Jackson.” Mark exclaimed in shock when he was greeted with the grinning younger in front of him as he opened his eyes.

“Good morning, Mr Tuan.” Jackson greeted like a butler before plopping down beside the older who slowly stretching his sore body after registering that he still in his room and he had fallen asleep on the couch, working on a project last night.

“What a mess, all nighter?” Jackson asked, helping the older to stacks the files that were all over the couch and those lying on the floor.

“Morning and no, I just fall asleep here.” Mark answered, clearing up the messy papers surrounding him before stacking it together with the files.

“Why are you here this early anyway?” Mark asked after noticing it was only barely eight and not to mention how it was a Sunday, it was a day to sleep in for most especially Jackson.

“Well, I’m clearly not welcome here especially after all the effort I put in into buying your favourite breakfast.” Jackson sighed dramatically which caused Mark to roll his eyes before smacking his arm.

“I’m serious, aren’t you caught up with work?” Mark pointed out, remembering about yesterday when the younger supposing left for work purposes.

Jackson instantly feel guilty, he was thinking hard last night if he should share the whole truth about yesterday and Jinyoung because he really don’t like to hide things but seeing how Mark might feel burdened by it, he decided to just deal with it by himself for now.

“It was mostly settle yesterday, thanks for asking. How did the menu when, you didn’t text me?” Jackson lied before asking about the text he was supposed to receive from the other.

Of course Mark didn’t text yesterday, he was too bumped up over the picture and the fact that Jackson wasn’t straight up honest with him, it would hurt less to hear it from the younger than to have a unknown sent you a picture with those hurtful words.

He knows that Jackson’s aren’t his even if nobody pointed it out to him because he isn’t stupid enough to think that the other would miraculously fall in love with him after spending a good twelve years of hating him.

“Sorry, I forgotten but don’t worry, I decided on the menu that we enjoyed the most.” Mark apologized, glancing at the younger who nodded with a relief smile.

“Well, I’m heading for the shower first, I will see you downstairs.” Mark said after noticing how they fall into a silence but Jackson hold on to his wrist, pausing his action to get up from the couch.

He had been in a dilemma about this topic the whole morning but thought that maybe Mark wouldn’t mind, after all it was the only preparation left for them before their wedding on the upcoming Saturday. 

“What is it, Jackson?” Mark urged on after seeing the hesitation on the younger’s face, it makes him feel nervous to hear what the younger had to say.

“You know how we will be working on the condo for the next few days, will you be alright with working on it alone? I might be caught up with work.” Jackson asked, clearly lying as he already clear his schedule to work on the condo with Mark but now he needs to focus on Jinyoung especially with the current state he is in.

Mark didn’t know whether he should cry or laugh hearing those words, it was obvious that it wasn’t work since they both had clearly clear out as much schedules as possible just to prepare for the wedding.

“Right, it’s that why you brought me breakfast today?” Mark laughed dryly which caused Jackson to look down in guilt, already feeling so guilty over that small lie.

“Are you mad?” Jackson asked, looking up at the older again who just smile bitterly before getting up from his couch.

“What right do I have to be mad?” Mark asked, looking at the younger one last time before walking away, disappearing into his shower.

Mark looked at the reflection that greeted him as he laughed bitterly, what a wonderful way to start his morning.

####

“Wow, now this what I call cool.” Yugyeom exclaimed in admiration as he plopped down on the couch beside the nodding Youngjae.

“Thanks for the hard work, guys.” Mark thanked, appearing with two bottle of soda and passing it over to his best friends who had awesomely helped him out for the last four days settling and furnishing the condo.

“No problem, hyung. We are always here not like that someone who's clearly isn’t interested in his new condo.” Yugyeom said, half mocking the idiot who bailed out on his Mark hyung.

Youngjae inwardly sighed when he noticed Mark’s expression changed, nudging the younger who quickly smack his own mouth when he notice their oldest expression.

“Well, Mark hyung said he is busy so he is busy. Don’t act like you know better than your hyung, kid.” Youngjae scolded lightly causing Yugyeom to pout while Mark just smile, liking how Youngjae knows how to lighten up the atmosphere.

“I’m getting hungry, let’s go and get food, Yugie.” Youngjae announced before his stomach started  growling causing the trio to break into laughter.

“Well, let’s go because you start growling again.” Yugyeom teased before they playfully exited out of condo, leaving Mark alone to rest up since he didn’t had enough sleep last night.

As he lays on the couch, resting his body when his phone suddenly rang causing him to pick up without much thoughts, thinking it was either one of his friends calling about their late lunch.

“Hey, how are you?” it was Jackson’s awkward voice that greeted him instead of his friend causing him to check the screen twice, just to make sure it was the other number.

“Good.” Mark replied once he registered it was really the younger that called after almost five days of no meet ups, calls or texts.

“Did everything when well with the condo?” Jackson continued, trying to hear more of the voice that he weirdly had been missing.

“Yes.” it was the only thing the older replied, he was still somewhat mad for the lying and bailing out on him because it was no use, he clearly knows the truth which will always link to a certain Park Jinyoung.

“Is that the only thing you gonna say? Don’t you have anything to say to me?” Jackson questioned, clearly disappointed at the lack of words from the older.

“No, if there’s nothing else. I’m gonna hang up now.” Mark answered, not in the mood to talk to the other because he is too tired to play guessing game with him, now.

“Wait!....I wanna say...I miss you.” Jackson blurted out in a hurry causing Bambam whose seated beside him to smile in amusement, hearing those words.

Mark was taken aback by those words, leaving him speechless so he only muttered a quick ‘sure’ before hanging up the call with a racing heart.

“He just hang up on me after saying sure.” Jackson sighed, putting down the device while Bambam busy chuckling beside him.

“You must have scare him or something.” Bambam commented, still laughing at the other while Jackson just frown before smacking his arm.

“What? It’s not wrong for me to say that.” Jackson defended himself, it’s nothing weird to miss someone at least not for him.

“Of course but he is Mark Tuan, your so called enemy for the last twelve years. Did you forget?” Bambam pointed out causing Jackson to froze, he clearly forgotten because being with Mark now feel like home, it was like as if he finally found a place belong to him.

“Well, if you missed him so much than why don’t you go and drop by? I will accompany Jinyoung hyung.” Bambam suggested after seeing how serious the older is towards Mark Tuan, maybe just maybe the feelings are real even if he won’t admit it.

Jackson smiled at the suggestion, thanking Bambam and soon he is out of Jinyoung’s apartment which waken up the light sleeper who heard his front door open and close.

“Where is Jackie?” was the first thing Jinyoung asked when he noticed the said wasn’t seating at the couch with Bambam in his living room.

“He went out for a while, he will be back later.” Bambam answered vaguely, knowing it’s not a good idea to share the location that Jackson headed off to.

“Where?” Jinyoung pressed on, sensing that the younger was hiding something but Bambam quickly shrugged it off, focusing on the television which caused him to missed out the annoyed look on Jinyoung’s face.

While waiting for the duo, Mark had fallen asleep on the couch but soon the doorbell rang which wakes him up from his deep slumber.

He slowly got his body off the couch, still half awake as he headed for the front and when he open the door, he blinks his eyes twice just to make sure.

There stand Jackson Wang with a big smile, he must be dreaming so he was about to slam the door close on the younger’s face but luckily the other managed to stop him with his leg.

“Mark..” Jackson called out, lost at why he was just about to get his face slam on the door but luckily his voice pulled the older out of his semi unconscious state.

“Sorry.” Mark apologized softly upon realizing what he just did before opening the door wide open for Jackson to enter their new condo.

“Are you alright?” Jackson asked worriedly, touching the older’s forehead before his own to compare the temperature and luckily, it was normal.

“Yes, I was half asleep when I answered the door.” Mark replied with an embarrassed expression that cause Jackson to smile as he nodded to those words in understanding.

“I got some pizza and chicken for us to enjoy. You alone?” Jackson asked, showing off the food as they walked together to the living room area.

“No, Youngjae and Yugyeom helped out. They went out earlier to get food.” Mark answered, heading straight to kitchen to grab a bottle of soda for the younger.
 
“I should really thank them for accompanying you, the place look awesome.” Jackson said, feeling grateful towards the older friends and of course this place is sick, decorated to totally their style since they do have similar taste in almost everything.

“Don’t worry, I already did and I’m glad you like it, I just put together at what I thought we both would like.” Mark said, passing the drink to the younger who were busy scanning their condo with excited eyes.

“You want to see something cool?” Mark asked, remembering the special work room that he arrange for the both of them which of course earned an excited nod from Jackson.

The older lead the way towards their new work room at the end of the corridor before opening the door, surprising Jackson with the cool interior.

“You know since we are always busy with work, I changed this big room to a work room for both of us that way we won’t be bored and can share ideas if we want. That’s your area while mine is this side.” Mark explained, pointing to the left side that’s furnish with a black desk and more while his were furnished with white furnitures , totally matching their black and white theme of the condo.

Jackson check out his area in awe, liking the idea since he doesn't like to be alone, even if just seating in the room together but working individually, it was definitely a better idea than working alone in the room.

“Thank you so much, Yi En. I love it.” Jackson exclaimed happily before pulling the older into a tight hug which surprise Mark at first but he return the hug nevertheless.

“If the work room is this cool, how about our bedroom?” Jackson wondered out loud after he pulled away, surprising Mark since he didn’t expect the younger were open to the idea of sharing a room with him since after all, the only married to save their parents reputation.

“Actually, I set up our room separately.” Mark exclaimed, noticing how Jackson’s expression dropped upon his words.

“Oh..” was the only thing Jackson said as he follow Mark walk out of their work room and headed to a room next to it.

“I don’t think you would want to share a room.” Mark reasoned as he opened up Jackson’s room to show it to the younger who doesn’t seems as excited as before.

“Well..I don’t really mind either way.” Jackson answered before entering the room to check out the setting that was nice, he had to admit but he just wasn’t to excited about it.

“Do you want to see my room?” Mark asked even though he wasn’t sure why he did but well, it got a certain Jackson Wang excited again.

“It’s the opposite room.” Mark said, pointing before leading the other into his room that’s a bit messy since he was in the process of arranging his clothing.

“Just be careful, you might fall.” Mark warned as he took a seat on his bed, watching the other exploring his room like a kid.

As Jackson to caught up admiring their childhood photos that was framed up on the wall, he stumble on an open luggage that cause him to lose his balance and fall straight on top of Mark who obviously didn’t see that coming.

Thanks to the fall, the younger is now awkwardly on top of Mark with their lips inches away which makes it even harder for Jackson since now he's staring at the pink lips again.

Mark was the first to push the younger off, causing him to land on his back beside Mark and has he was about to get up, his wrist was being hold on.

“Let’s just stay like this for a bit.” Jackson said, eyes staring blankly at the ceiling while his hand entangled with the older’s, surprising Mark but he just keep still, enjoying the silence as they laid side by side.

“ I like this room better.” Jackson suddenly exclaimed, causing Mark to turn and look at the younger’s side profile while trying to read his expression.

“Do you want to exchange rooms?” Mark asked, finding it weird that the younger would prefer this room when he clearly decorated Jackson’s room perfectly to his taste.

“No, I like it this way.” Jackson said, moving closer to snuggle and rest his head on the crook of Mark’s neck which instantly caused Mark’s heart to race, understanding what the younger meant.

They stayed like that for a while until Mark heard faint snores coming from beside him which cause him to break into a smile upon seeing that Jackson is fast asleep.

Staring at the sleeping face for a while more before repositioning the other to a comfortable position and leaving the room, letting Jackson have his rest.

“Hyung, we are back.” Yugyeom’s voice was heard as he was exiting the room causing him to quickly check on the duo who looked surprised upon seeing the food on the coffee table.

“Jackson bought them, he dropped by.” Mark explained as he plopped down beside the duo who nodded slowly, clearly surprised by the news.

“Where is he?” Youngjae asked after Yugyeom run off to the kitchen to grabbed some drinks and utensils to use for the noodles they had brought.

“He is sleeping in the room.” Mark replied, earning a nod from Youngjae while Yugyeom rolled his eyes, not amused by that info, obviously.

“He skipped on all the work and get the best part, not fair.” Yugyeom complained causing Youngjae to stuffed his mouth with a slice of pizza.

“He brought your favourite, right? Eat, don’t complain so much.” Youngjae exclaimed causing Mark to laughed at the deflected younger who just continuing chewing the pizza slowly and sadly.

The trio continue chatting and enjoying the food before the duo announced that they are leaving first to rest up and so by the time Jackson woke up, Mark was alone and seating on the floor of their room, clearing his clothes from the luggage.

It’s was such a sight to be greeted with when he opened his eyes, the back view of Mark was so inviting that he unconsciously got up and surprise the focused older with a back hug.

“It’s so warm.” Jackson sighed comfortably, resting his head on Mark’s back while the older only stayed quiet, not sure on how to react to the sudden skinship.

While Jackson’s enjoying the warmness, his phone suddenly beeped which signalled a text that he quickly check after letting go of the older.

From: Bam
Hyung, where are you? I need to go now, hurry up.

Sighing at the text, he slowly got up and announced to Mark that he needs to leave due to some reason that obviously he didn’t share with the older.

Mark nodded as he trailed after the younger to the front door, having an idea of where Jackson is rushing off to since he heard from Mrs Wang that Jackson has been home super late these few days and he wasn’t even with Mark.

“Yi En..I just want you to know that I meant it when I said I miss you, I really do.” Jackson said as he look at the older seriously after putting on his shoes.

Mark just nodded, feeling awkward at those words that sounded so foreign coming from Jackson while the younger sighed, waving goodbye before walking away, disheartened.

With a small smile on his face after closing the door, Mark reached out for the device seating on the bedside before typing something.

Upon hearing a beep from his device, Jackson quickly check as he was expecting another text from Bambam but to his surprise, it was something so meaningful.

From: Yi En
I miss you too.

 

A/N: Hi everyone! Surprise!! I decided to not give up and continue this story, thanks to the big support from you guys. I want to thank everyone for your kind, sweet and encouraging words in the comments, it really makes me feel loved. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and please share with me your thoughts.
 

Thank you to all the subscribers for subscribing once again  >_<
InfinitelyCassie <3