#1: What’s in the past, stay in the past?

Denying You

#1:What’s in the past, stay in the past?

“How could you do this to me, betraying me behind my back?" The man known as Mr Wang shouted, scaring the two boys whose watching their fathers.

"It's doesn't matter,anyway. I don't have anything to say to you anymore." Mr Tuan exclaimed in defeat, looking away from his hurt best friend.

"Fine, from today onwards I'm cutting all my ties with you." Mr Wang said, he had enough before he exited that room after making sure his wife and son followed suit.

“Ka Yee, let's go." Mr Wang scolded when his son refused to be separated from his best friend.

“No, daddy...Yi En...Yi En..." Jackson shouted, trying to free himself from his father's hold while crying out for the older who already burst out in tears himself.

Yi En...

Jackson jolted awake, thanks to that scene replaying in his dream every single night before he tried to wipe away those cold sweats.

It has been a torture for him to jolted up awake in the wee hours after dreaming of that painful day, the day he changed into the Jackson Wang now.

It has been exactly twelve years since everything fall apart, since his best friend turned into his enemy.

Sighing, he forced himself out of bed since he couldn't fall back asleep anyway and head for the kitchen to make himself a cup of hot chocolate.

After making himself a cup, he seated himself at the small seating area at their balcony, enjoying the cool breeze as he sipped on the comforting drink.

The only thing they shared that he kept with him all these years, their favourite hot chocolate.

Jackson hates it that after all these years, the older still haunts him everywhere even in his sleep.

It doesn't help that both their families are in the architecture world and they are both currently the CEO of their respective company which means they run into each other alot and by a lot it means almost every time they fight for a deal.

Sighing, Jackson could only wish how things would be easier if he didn't had to face the older, the past that cause him so much pain.

"Hey, Jackie. Why are you awake?" The sweet melodious voice was heard before the said person appeared, plopping himself beside the dazed other.

"Nothing, Jinyoungie. I just couldn't sleep." Jackson answered, semi lying to his best friend who by now was resting his head on his shoulder.

The other just nodded, saying nothing as he just accompanied the quiet other even though he clearly knew something was wrong with Jackson.

"You know, I'm glad that you are by my side always. Without you, I don't know what will happened to me." Jackson suddenly exclaimed, surprising Jinyoung with his words.

"Are you ok, Jackie?" Jinyoung asked, carefully as he lifted his head to look at the other who just smile softly at him.

"I'm fine, let's go back to bed." Jackson exclaimed, pushing away every thoughts of Mark Tuan before he dragged the sleepy Jinyoung back to his room quietly without waking his parents up.

After the friendship between his parents and the Tuan’s fall apart, he only had Jinyoung by his side and he was glad that throughout the years, nothing changed between them.

Even though they were all friends back then because of their parents friendships, he was glad Jinyoung didn't left him to follow Mark if not he wouldn't know what to do.

Jackson couldn't be grateful enough to Jinyoung for always being by his side, in good or bad times.

####

Mark check at the mirror one last time, making sure he look good tonight for the event that he is attending.

Seeing how he look perfect for the event, he quickly make his way downstairs just to be greeted with the sight of his Mama busy in the kitchen making dinner while his Papa and his Daddy in the living room, chatting.

"You are going already, Yi En?" Mrs Tuan appeared, smiling at how good her son look which caused Mark to nod before bidding his mother goodbye with a quick goodnight hug.

"Have fun and drive safely." Mrs Tuan reminds before returning back to the kitchen while Mark headed straight to his father to say goodbye.

“Take care and don’t be home too late, you still have that big meeting tomorrow morning.” Mr Tuan said, reminding his son who only nodded before he turn to bid his Daddy goodbye too.

“Enjoy and keep a look out for Ka Yee too.” Mr Wang said, earning a firm nod from the older boy who's just like a son to him.

“I’m going now.” Mark announced once more, waving to the three elder before exiting their mansion and head for the hotel where the event was taking place.

It was a birthday celebration for one of his big client and of course he wouldn’t miss it since they had been a loyal client of the company for years now.

“Mark. it’s good to see you.” Mr Bae greeted, the moment he spotted Mark among the crowd, looking refined and sharp as always.

“It’s good to see you too, Uncle and happy birthday.” Mark wished, passing the wrapped rare bottle of wine he got for the older, knowing how much of a wine lover he is.

“Thank you so much, it’s one of my favourite.” Mr Bae thanked, clearly glad to be receiving such a special gift from the sweet individual.

“Mr Bae!” A familiar voice was heard before the two turned and were greeted by Jackson Wang, accompanied by Park Jinyoung per usual.

“Jackson, I’m glad that you could make it.” Mr Bae greeted, smiling at his newly arrived guests while Mark just watched at how the younger wouldn’t even spare him a look while Jinyoung just greeted him with a small nod.

He was glad that Jinyoung was by is Ka Yee’s side, at least he knows that he won’t be lead astray.

“Happy Birthday, Uncle.” Jackson wished before passing exactly the same bottle of wine to Mr Bae which caused the elder to smile before looking at the two grown man in front of him.

“How lucky am I that both of you got me the same gift?” Mr Bae exclaimed, smiling at them while Jackson just fake a smile before rolling his eyes at Mark.

“Well, I hope you boys had fun and Mark, I will ask Suzy to greet you later. Please, excuse me.” Mr Bae excused himself, couldn’t deal with the tension himself.

Mark just nodded before the elder walked away, leaving him behind with the younger whose busy staring him with an annoyed look.

“Yes,  can I help you with something?” Mark asked, couldn’t stand being stared like that by the younger who clearly were itching to say something to him.

“It seems like someone got himself set up again with a daughter this time round, what happened to Mr Kim’s son previously?” Jackson snickered, turning to look at Mark with a mocking smile while Jinyoung stayed quiet, watching them.

“Why? Are you interested in him? I can introduce him if you want.” Mark answered back calmly, knowing that Jackson was just trying to push his buttons like usual.

“No, thanks. I’m not as desperate as you, using yourself to get clients.” Jackson snorted which clearly hurt Mark, he didn’t know he look like as desperate in the younger’s eyes.

“Even if I sell myself, it got noting to do with you. It’s none of your business.” Mark said, keeping his nonchalant face before walking off, leaving Jackson fuming at his words.

The event when on with both party avoiding each other as much as possible until Jackson spotted Mark chatting with a lady which he assumed was Suzy.

As he watches them chatting and laughing together, getting along quite well to the point that there weren’t any gap between them, hands keep brushing against each other.

Unconsciously,he already headed towards them before purposely walking passed them and dropped his half full glass of wine on Mark which of course cause a scene for the other guests.

“I'm sorry, it slipped off my hold.” Jackson ‘apologized’, hiding his smirk as he watches the female in frenzy at how Mark white jacket is covered in wine stains.

“Mark, are you alright?” Suzy asked, worried while the said person just smile, nodding to assure the female before turning to look at Jackson straight in the eyes.

“Come with me, now.” Mark hissed in mandarin which frighten Jackson because a mad Mark is something he don’t want to deal with.

Mark quickly excused himself from Suzy before he signalled with his eyes for Jackson to follow him or else the younger know he would be dead.

“What?” Jackson asked in mandarin, couldn’t stand the dead silence for the last five minutes as the older only stare at him and never say anything.

“Why did you do that?” Mark finally asked, he still couldn’t wrapped his finger around the fact to why Jackson acted so childishly like this.

“For fun.” Jackson answered simply, of course he wanted to torment Mark Tuan as much as he can so he will know how much he suffered thanks to the Tuan’s betrayal towards his family.

“Fun? Is it fun to hurt me like this?’” Mark asked, he knows Jackson hate him to the core but still he didn’t expect his Ka Yee to be this heartless towards him.

“Hurt? Who were the one that hurt my family first? Huh? It was yours.” Jackson hissed, getting emotional when the topic of their past was brought up while Mark was tempted to tell the younger again, the truth but Mr Wang’s words stopped him once again.

Please, Yi En..you can’t let him know until we find out the truth.

“So? Cat got your tongue, right? What you got to say about your family?” Jackson snickered, smirking when he noticed how Mark Tuan can’t rebut to his words.

Mark couldn’t say anything, in fact he wasn’t allowed to say anything especially the truth due to their parents request.

“Markie hyung.” A familiar voice was heard which cause the duo to turn towards the source, greeted with Yugyeom whose panting right beside Mark.

“I’m sorry, I’m late hyung.” Yugyeom apologized without realizing he had disturbed them  since he was too caught up being sorry about not being able to accompany the older earlier.

“It's fine, Yugie. Let’s go, I want to go home.” Mark replied, looking at Jackson one last time before dragging the lost younger towards the exit.

“You walked away every single time, Mark Tuan.” Jackson exclaimed in his mind, watching the backview slowly disappearing out of his sight.

####

“Here you go, hyung.” Yugyeom passed the cup of hot chocolate he had gotten from a nearby cafe, plopping himself down beside the quiet older on the bench.

The younger stared, trying to read the older expression as he sipped on his ice chocolate drink while Mark just stare into space, mind still clouded by the conversation he had with Jackson earlier.

“Aren’t you going to tell me what happened and don’t say nothing when your jacket is stained like this?” Yugyeom questioned, couldn’t stand seeing his hyung in that state when clearly something happened before he arrived.

“Like usual, Jackson. He purposely poured wine over me while I’m chatting with Suzy.” Mark sighed, knowing that he can’t hide anything when it comes to the younger.

“He is clearly jealous.” Yugyeom muttered under his breath which cause Mark to turned and look at him, obviously caught the other saying that.

“Why should he be, Yugie? He already got Jinyoung by his side.” Mark exclaimed, knowing fully well that he will never be an option for Jackson Wang, not even until the end.

Yugyeom could only sigh, it was just like Mark to always think that way even when he could clearly see that there’s nothing special between the two except friendship.

“You know hyung, you should really tell him the truth. I can’t stand seeing him tormenting you like this without knowing anything.” Yugyeom suggested after seeing how the older slipped back into a daze, it wasn’t fair to the older to be suffering like this.

“Yugie, you know I promised our parents, right? We have to continue this act until we find out who's the real culprit behind the chaos between the Tuan and Wang.” Mark said, resting his aching head on the younger’s shoulder because all this thinking is taking a toll on him.

“I know but it’s already been twelve years, you suffer like this. Isn’t it time to stop?” Yugyeom said, clearly worried about Mark because who knows what else Jackson gonna do to him in the future.

Mark didn’t say anything, he knows Yugyeom was speaking the truth but there is nothing he can do, this was the only way to find out the truth.

Twelve years ago, his father was accused of betraying because he stole a big project from the Wang which caused a big rift between the families and the matter turned into a big chaos with the media involved but in reality nothing like that happened.

It was clearly the work of an outsider to caused problem between them because they are known to be the top two companies in the architecture world, followed by the Park at third.

Seeing how they were targeted at that time, they decided to follow through the plan and act like they became enemies in the public eyes.

When their fathers had the ‘fight’ that day, he didn’t know anything just like Jackson but after his Pa explained everything to him when he got older, he understood but it come with the price of his Ka Yee hating him because they know if Jackson knows the truth, he might reveal the truth unintendedly due to his temper.

It has been like that since then, Jackson hating on him wasn’t something new but still it never failed to hurt him every time the younger throws those piercing words at him, carelessly.

Sighing, he quickly finished up his drink before signalling to the younger that it’s time to go, it was almost midnight anyway.

Once he had dropped off Yugyeom, he headed straight home just to be surprised by the fact that Jackson Wang is standing in front of their mansion gate, by his car.

“What are you doing here?” Mark asked once he stepped out of his car which caused Jackson whose facing the front to turn and look at him with an unreadable expression.

“Where did you go?” Jackson asked, walking straight towards the older who could only sighed because he had enough, why does the younger had to care when he hate him so much.

“Like I said, it’s none of your business.” Mark answered, staring at the younger who just glare at him even more before grabbing hold of both his wrists.

“Let go, it hurts.” Mark hissed, trying to free himself but Jackson only grabbed tighter before closing in on him, close enough to whisper.

“What if I don’t want to let go? What are you going to do?” Jackson whispered, staring straight into Mark’s soul who was confused, he didn’t know what exactly Jackson want from him.

“What do you want from me, Wang Ka Yee?” Mark asked, trying to calm down his own thumping heart due to the closeness between them, it was too much for him.

“I want you.” Jackson whispered into his ears which instantly caused Mark to froze, doubting his own hearing.

Seeing Mark shocked expression, Jackson burst out laughing at the stumped older who can only looked at him, lost.

“Do you think I would actually want someone like you? Please, I have better options than you betrayer.” Jackson mocked as he let go of Mark harshly, smirking before walking off and driving away.

Mark just stood there, speechless as tears just run down his cheeks without his permission because if Jackson wanted to torment him, he clearly succeeded.

Without any of them realizing, there is someone busy taking pictures of them not to far from there.

 

A/N: Hello! I'm finally back with another bittersweet markson, I hope you guys will enjoy it and comment your thoughts. 

Honestly, I wanted to write another fluff but my muse aren't just going there so here I am writing more angsty stuff >_<

I still hope that you guys will enjoy this plot that I created with the help of two lovely readers.

Until next chapter, take care and have fun reading =)

InfinitelyCassie <3