One Last Fight

My Forced Boyfriend

The warehouse was chosen as the venue for their ‘fight’. The fighting method was video games. Kyungsoo chose something in which he was confident he could win, that’s why basketball was out of the question.

 

All of their friends were here but this time Junmyeon, Jongdae, Minseok, Sehun, Luhan, Yifan, Tao and even Yixing were rooting for Kyungsoo.

 

The game was Death Racer, as soon as they started Kyungsoo got the advantage. Then it was as if Jongin’s competitive instinct had kicked in because he got the upper side but then it was Kyungsoo again. Near the end of the game, Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin sort of gave up; this only made Kyungsoo want to win even more.

 

In the end Kyungsoo won the game. Everyone was cheering but Jongin got up and went outside. Kyungsoo knew he had to follow him.

 

“I had never seen Jongin like this.”

 

Yixing said to Junmyeon standing next to him.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Jongin is really good at this game but he practically gave up half way in. He must like Kyungsoo a lot.”

 

 

When Kyungsoo got out of the warehouse he found Jongin crouching with his head between his hands.

 

“Why are you doing this? I thought you didn’t like me.”

 

Jongin spoke so softly that Kyungsoo even wondered if it was meant for him to hear.

 

“At first I didn’t. I mean, would you? You were sort of a jerk to me.”

 

Jongin looked up at Kyungsoo.

 

“Look, I still don’t know why you liked me on the first place or why you started the whole boyfriend thing, but you can’t make me fall for you and then leave just like that.”

 

Jongin looked surprise at the confession that Kyungsoo liked him back. He stood up looking straight at Kyungsoo’s eyes as the other continued.

 

“Now I want to do this right, but a relationship is between two, so if you don’t want to date me it's ok; even if I won the bet.”

 

“No.”

 

Jongin said. That wasn’t the answer that Kyungsoo was hoping for.

 

“No! I mean, yes. Yes, I want to be your boyfriend.”

 

Jongin said sheepishly.

 

Kyungsoo smiled brightly at Jongin who smiled back.

 

“Should we get out of here?”

 

Kyungsoo extended his hand towards Jongin. They left while holding hands.

 

 

 

“What’s taking them so long?”

 

Luhan asked out loud.

 

“You don’t suppose they started fighting each other do you?”

 

Yifan stood up looking worried.

 

Jongdae went outside. He came back in instantly.

 

“Aish! These two left without letting us know the good part. That’s so selfish of them!”

 

 

 

Tonight, instead of walking Kyungsoo home, he insisted of walking Jongin home.

 

All the way there, Jongin told him about his dogs and then they started talking about each of their manga collection. Jongin had one that Kyungsoo was particularly interested in reading.

 

“You’ll have to invite me to your house another day. That way I can see your room. A room can say a lot about a person.”

 

Kyungsoo told Jongin and when he looked to the taller, Jongin was sporting a devilish grin.

 

“I don’t know if I should invite you to my room. You know, two young men… alone… I’m not sure I’ll be strong enough to resist temptation.”

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes wide at Jongin’s words. He swallowed hard.

 

“Um, well, you are safely in front of your house, so I guess I’ll be going now.”

 

Jongin laughed at Kyungsoo’s cute reaction. Then he closed the distance and hugged the smaller boy.

 

“See you tomorrow.”

 

Jongin whispered at Kyungsoo’s ear.

 

They waved goodbye and Kyungsoo started his way down the road.

 

“Kyungsoo!”

 

Kyungsoo looked back and saw Jongin running towards him. Jongin stopped in front of him and gently caressed Kyungsoo’s face and gave him a kiss on the lips. When Kyungsoo opened his eyes he was met with Jongin’s.

 

“Yeah, I won’t be strong enough to resist temptation.”

 

Jongin winked and ran back into the house.

 

- End -