He’s Alright

My Forced Boyfriend

Kyungsoo decided a new approach. He would play good boyfriend in order to get rid of his ‘boyfriend’.

 

Kyungsoo: I need to go to the library.

Kyungsoo: Got lots of work to do.

 

My Boyfriend <3: Ok, see you later.

 

Assa! Kyungsoo escaped to the library. He waved at Chanyeol as soon as he entered the room and spent the next hour talking about guitars. Kyungsoo didn’t know the first thing about them but Chanyeol did and Kyungsoo used this as an excuse to talk to him. He really enjoyed these long conversations, even if he mostly listened to Chanyeol’s deep voice. The feat worked for two days.

 

On the third day he texted Jongin as usual but found him waiting for him in front of the library.

 

Kyungsoo had no choice but to pick a bunch of books and do some research on something he really didn’t need to do. He picked a few photography books with the excuse of his club. He searched for a table far from Chanyeol so the taller guy wouldn’t see him with Jongin.

 

Jongin’s head was on the table looking intensely at Kyungsoo.

 

“Why do you keep staring?”

 

“Because this is boring.”

 

“Well you can go to the cafeteria, you don’t need to be here.”

 

“Then I don’t get to spent time with you.”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart did a tumble. What was this? He felt so guilty now, but why?

 

 

The next day Kyungsoo decided to go to the cafeteria. He saw his friends at the usual table, but was once more escorted to the popular kids’ table. It had been a long time since he spent time with them. He even missed them.

 

Luckily for him, Minseok decided to join the popular table today.

 

“Hey everyone!”

 

Minseok greeted cheerfully and they returned the greeting. He was welcomed here. Minseok sat down next to Kyungsoo.

 

“Wah, Kyungsoo! It’s been so long since I’ve seen you.”

 

Kyungsoo knew Minseok was exaggerating. They had a few classes together after all. But, Jongin was listening so perhaps this could be of help.

 

“You are coming today right?”

 

“Today?”

 

Kyungsoo was a bit lost, what was Minseok talking about?

 

“Yeah, come on! We have planned this for so long. You can’t bail today again! Hey Jongin, aren’t you being too much keeping Kyungsoo only to yourself? We miss him!”

 

Minseok was being playful, but this, whatever it was could bring Kyungsoo his freedom.

 

“You have to at least let him come today!”

 

“What is there today?”

 

Jongin asked.

 

“We are having a video game battle at Junmyeon’s place. He even got the new Halo. We have been planning this for so long.”

 

It was the first time Kyungsoo heard about it, but he loved the plan. Obviously his friends have come up with it in order to get Kyungsoo back.

 

“Um, yeah…I guess.”

 

Jongin reply was a bit sad even. Like he didn’t want to part with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo instead was seeing confetti fall from the heavens and couldn’t be happier.

 

“You can come if you want.”

 

NO!!!! Did Minseok just invite Jongin? Why?!

 

“I’m sure he’ll find it boring!”

“Yeah that would be cool.”

 

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo talked at the same time, but Jongin’s resolution was higher and so he found himself that afternoon meeting Jongin in front of a coffee shop to go together to Junmyeon’s house.

 

 

Junmyeon and Jongdae were frozen with shock at seeing Kim Jongin standing in front of them in Junmyeon’s room. Minseok was enjoying it more than he should.

 

“Oh, right, um, welcome…”

 

Junmyeon spoke not knowing exactly what to do. Not every day you found the most popular guy in school – or probably the whole world – who forced your best friend into being his boyfriend standing in all his glory next to your night lamp.

 

“So, you like Halo?”

 

Jongdae usually adapted quickly and thankfully made the situation a lot less awkward.

 

It was Friday afternoon and they played video games for a very long time. At some point they forgot about Jongin’s social status and it was as if he was just one of them. Jongin was pretty good at the games. Even Kyungsoo enjoyed his company.

 

 

“It was nice today.”

 

Jongin ventured went it was only he and Kyungsoo walking together.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I’m sorry I kept you from them.” “Hey, do you want to meet tomorrow?”

 

Jongin asked Kyungsoo.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I have to take some pictures for my photography club.”

 

“Oh… how about I’ll be your model?”

 

Model? He planned on taking pictures of flowers and benches like he always did. Perhaps it would be nice to photograph someone alive for a change.

 

“Ok.”

 

Jongin couldn’t help but smile at Kyungsoo’s answer.

 

 

The next day they met at the park. It was a beautiful sunny day. Kyungsoo was equipped with his camera. Jongin turned out to be a very good model. He was really long and every pose he made was art. Although for some pictures Jongin did a few silly poses but they just laughed over it. Kyungsoo must have taken at least 1,000 pictures. It would be a difficult task to pick them later.

 

Since Jongin turned out to be such a good model, they finished early and decided (more like Jongin convinced him) to watch a movie and then go get some burgers. As Kyungsoo spent more time with Jongin it was easier to talk to him. And when the day ended Kyungsoo turned to Jongin to say goodbye.

 

“Well, thank you for today. It was nice and you were a lot of help.”

 

“Anytime.”

 

Jongin sensed the farewell tone but he wasn’t ready for the day to finish. It was the first time that Kyungsoo didn’t seem so reluctant to be with him.

 

“Let me walk you closer to your home.”

 

Jongin saw the doubt in Kyungsoo’s eyes.

 

“It’s dark and you have your camera. Someone might try to rob you.”

 

Jongin saw the immediate change on Kyungsoo’s demeanour and his answer followed quickly.

 

“Ok.”

 

They started walking together and mid way Kyungsoo felt as Jongin’s hand was on his and their fingers were interlaced together. Kyungsoo’s heart did another tumble. He felt nervous all of a sudden but he didn’t take his hand away. So they walked holding hands the rest of the way. They made it near Kyungsoo’s house and only then their hands parted from each other.

 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and moved extremely close. Kyungsoo froze in his place. Jongin’s lips were near Kyungsoo’s ear as he whispered.

 

“See you on Monday.”

 

Jongin pulled back and a big smile was playing on his face as he went on his way. Kyungsoo’s heart was beating fast and he found himself anchored to the ground. What just happened?