Get Him Back

My Forced Boyfriend

Kyungsoo came up with a plan and everyone seemed to be on board to help. He started very simple, something that would throw Jongin off and make him wonder: Text messages.

 

Kyungsoo: :)

 

That would have Jongin wondering if this was meant for him or perhaps someone else.

 

Kyungsoo: Sleep Well!

 

Kyungsoo: It’s supposed to rain today,

remember to take an umbrella.

 

Kyungsoo: I missed you today.

 

Kyungsoo: <3

 

This went on for days before Kyungsoo moved to the next step.

 

Today he had home economics and just like he had suggested to the teacher the week before, the class would be divided in couples. As soon as the teacher announce it and made her way out Junmyeon and Jongdae coupled up, as did Sehun and Yifan. Jongin gave them an incredulous look when they left together without even asking him about the group division. He looked even more baffled when Kyungsoo joined him at the workstation.

 

“We are the only ones left.”

 

Kyungsoo announced to Jongin when he noticed the other looking around the classroom.

 

Today’s menu was making a cake. Kyungsoo treated Jongin normally and kept asking him questions such as to which flavor they should make the cake and other things related to the assignment.  

 

Jongin mumbled each of the answers and looked as if he just wanted to run away. Still, they worked together barely looking at each other. The most important part of this came in a moment that Kyungsoo didn’t plan. They were working on decorating the cake. Kyungsoo was doing most of the work but he had asked Jongin to cut some strawberries to put as decoration. Kyungsoo was putting frosting on the cake and he reached to get another knife, just then his hand brushed against Jongin’s who was reaching for the same knife. Both of them pulled their hands away and Jongin ran out of the room. But all of this worked as a revelation that Jongin did have feelings for Kyungsoo. He didn’t blame him for running away, because Kyungsoo could still feel the tingling in his own hand. He finished the cake and when the teacher asked for his partner Kyungsoo excused him saying that he was in the bathroom.

 

Sehun and Yifan took Jongin’s bag since he didn’t return to the classroom.

 

 

The next step would be more obvious but Kyungsoo felt more confident now about getting Jongin back.

 

Kyungsoo printed a few pictures from the time Jongin posed as his model for photography club. In one of them Jongin was posing very model-like looking straight at the camera with an intense gaze. The other was one that Jongin was being silly and was wearing a big leaf as a hat. In the last one he was laughing, unable to control a big grin, it was so visible the happiness in the picture that you could almost hear him laughing.

 

Kyungsoo got Sehun and Yifan to help him. It was Sehun who put the first picture in Jongin’s notebook. He opened it for his next class and was met with his own face. It took him a moment to realize that Kyungsoo took the picture and that’s when all the memories hit him. He turned towards Sehun.

 

“Did you put this here?”

 

Sehun used his best poker face.

 

“What’s that?”

 

Sehun reached to look at the picture but Jongin put it away before Sehun could ask more questions.

 

The second picture appeared in his gym bag the next day (courtesy of Yifan). When Jongin went to change his clothes he found the picture there. He smiled slightly at the picture but shove it deep into his bag instantly.

 

Sehun arranged the third picture while Yifan distracted Jongin. It was put in the door inside his locker. Jongin looked like he was physically hurt, but he didn’t rip the picture, he instead shove it into his backpack. Kyungsoo watched him from afar. Jongin looked so pained that Kyungsoo considered stopping everything.

 

“I think I should stop, Jongin looks hurt every time he sees me. I don’t want to hurt him any more.”

 

Kyungsoo confided in Minseok.

 

“Did he break the pictures?”

 

“No, at least I don’t think so.”

 

“Then he must be hurting because he misses you. Then the only way to help him is getting him back.”

 

Thanks to Minseok’s advise Kyungsoo kept going forward with his plan.

 

 

Kyungsoo had come to cherish the set of 4 little pictures. He had them by his mirror and looked at them every day. But, it was time Jongin had them so he could look at them too. Kyungsoo took the set of pictures he had taken with Jongin the same they shared their first kiss. He took a picture of them with his mobile and made it the home screen. Then he cut it in half and put two of them in an envelope. He put the two in which he looked best and kept the other two by his mirror.

 

When he got to school he put the pictures thru the cranny on Jongin’s locker. This time he did it himself because these two pictures held a more personal memory and it didn’t seem right to get someone else to do it.

 

When Jongin opened his locker the envelope fell down. He picked it up and to Kyungsoo’s relief he opened it instead of just throwing it out. Jongin looked at the pictures for the longest time.

 

Kyungsoo ran towards his friends, the next part of the plan would have to be pushed forward. He missed Jongin too.

 

 

During lunchtime Kyungsoo waited outside of the cafeteria until he saw everyone else go in.

 

Junmyeon, Jongdae and Minseok were in their usual table. Jongin was the last one in the food line behind all his friends. To his surprise all of them passed by their table and went to sit with the other three.

 

Jongin stood still.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?”

 

No one answered to Jongin’s inquire. He looked furious. He almost threw his food tray on his table and sat down alone.

 

Kyungsoo was witnessing everything from the line. When he got his food he sat down in front of Jongin.

 

Jongin looked up from his tray and raised and eyebrow. He still looked angry. Lately nothing was going like he wanted.

 

“There’s no space over there.”

 

Kyungsoo said to Jongin. That was obviously a lie; there were 2 chairs empty at the other table.

 

Jongin let out a sigh.

 

“Stop it ok. What are you trying to do with all this? And the pictures… just stop.”

 

Jongin looked vulnerable as he said the last words.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed.

 

“You want me to stop? Alright, I’ll stop… if you beat me…”

 

Jongin looked up at Kyungsoo, puzzled. These words sounded very familiar.

 

“Let’s fight. If you win, I’ll stop bothering you. But if you lose you’ll be my boyfriend.”

 

Jongin was shocked. Kyungsoo was trying to be his boyfriend? This didn’t make sense.