The Story

Little Late

R.I.P... 2021. Cause of death: Ran over by car.
"Okay I will I ask you questions. Is that okay?" The Investigator said.
I didn't want to talk.. it was too painful..
"I'm going to ask questions anyways. Ehem.. so what was your relationship with this man?" He interlocked his fingers, leaned in and was ready to listen. I couldn't explain what happened. Its too devistating to hear.
"Ma'am?" He looked at me with concern.
"My relationship with him... is in love.." I said with a quiet, sad and lossfull tone.
He wrote down the words I said on his little notebook.
"So how did all of this happen?"
"...It happened so fast.. He walked away from me... I wasn't fast enough.." I started to cry.
"Tell me why did he walk away?" He asked this time with care.
"It goes way back..."
"It's okay. We have time."
I guess I have no choice.
"We dated for 4 years.. I met him at the store grabbing the last box of cereal for the season. We talked and talked.. Next thing you know we were dating. I got fired from my job because no one liked me.. He took me in and we were happy. He was my first everything. Kiss. First Love. And First time. Till I introduced him to my best friend. He took intrest in him. I thought it was just some kind of bromance but I was wrong..."
"Continue."

FLASH BACK:
"We never told you."
"So you kept it a secret?"
"We didn't want you to get hurt.."
"Whatever. Im done."
END OF FLASH BACK:

"So they were gay?"
".....My boyfriend wasn't.. but my best friend was."
"I see. Please continue."
"I left. I was still living at his house only because I needed some where to stay. They both insited on my staying longer but seeing them together hurted me. I saved up money and one day we were low on food so I went to the store and I met this guy. He was on the floor holding this cute little dog. He had blondish hair and was wearing all black. He was cute. So was the dog. I decided to see if everything was well because he was just sitting on the floor."

FLASH BACK:
"Um sir? Are you alright?"
"Huh? Oh yeah we're okay." The cute guy spoke.
"Oh okay. I was just making sure because you are just sitting here so.."
"Im not homeless or anything if you are wondering." He flashed a beautiful smile.
END OF FLASH BACK:

"We talked alot. He asked me to a date and I couldn't resist saying no. So we went on our date. It was an amazing first date. But I couldn't stop thinking of my ex who is with my best friend. I liked this guy but I loved my ex. This guy treated me better. Better than any guy treated me. On our second date he took me out drinking.. This was my first time drinking and I got really drunk. We headed to his place and things just happened. I remember waking up to his bed and I reached for my phone.. 100 miss calls.. 301 text messages. All from my ex and best friend."
"I see."
"Me and this guy never ended up dating."
"Really?"
"Yes. I never even moved out yet. This is the part where he gets ran over."
The investigator was getting ready to write.
"I was at the park.. my ex came to me.. he told me how much he missed me. How much he wanted me back. He waited for me at our favorite spots. He told me he thought he loved my best friend but he kept thinking of me. It was so touching. His voice was so soothing to the ear. He said he slept alot.. more than usual. He said he was grumpy and depressed with out me around... And he said he couldn't stop eating. Im not talking about healthy food but junky food that could hurt his health. He said he loved me... he waited day and night for two years hoping he could get back with me.. sometimes he wouldn't even come home because he was out trying to figure things out. Then he hugged me. That hug.. The hug I longed for I felt the warm feeling again.. I didn't say anything. No words would come out.. He thought I wouldn't forgive him so he walked away. I was about to get him but I got a call from my friend from the store. I told him I didn't like him that way. Good thing he understood and let me go. I ran.. it wasnt far till I saw people surrounding a big accident. I saw him... His body layed on the ground.. souless. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I look to see who the driver was and it was my best friend.. He was crying but I can tell he was angry. I ran to the body. I was holding him in my arms.. blood was every where. Soon enough the paramedics came. Time felt like it was moving so fast. I rode in the paramedics van with him. We arrived at the hospital. I was forced to wait. 5 hours later I was able to see him. He never woke up.. September 1st 2021.. his birthday.. I was setting up balloons around the room when I heard the unwanted sound of a machine. I lost him. He was gone.. the doctors failed to save him. I went to visit my best friend in jail.. I mean hes still my best friend so I had to see him. He looked at me with an apologetic look. He then gave me this note."
"What did the note say?"
"It read (Im sorry but I can't keep this up. I need her back. I hope you understand..)"
"Alright. Continue."
"After I left a couple days later I found out my best friend commited suicide. I don't know why but it happened. There tomb stones were put next to each other. He died September 10th 2021. I was alone once again. It was like a circle. I went back to being alone. Now I live in a nightmare. I miss them so much. I will won't forget them. But I will never forget the most perfect smile my boyfriend gave me. The last smile he gave me.."