Chapter 6

Season Of Love

The sun shone gently into the room, through the slight open window. 

A soft ring tone murmured by the phone woke Jessica up.
Jessica tossed around waiting for the phone to quieten down, she wanted to slumber some more. Yet the phone refused to die down, the caller was persistent. 
Jessica groaned and sighed before reaching for her phone. 

"Hello" Jessica said groggily  
"Morning Jess" Roy greeted happily 
"Hi, what's up?"  
"Oh, I just dropped off some breakfast by the door, I can't come visit right now because I've got an appointment in half an hour. I brought your favourite American styled breakfast. Have a good meal and I will see you later" 
"Thanks Roy, I will see you later." 

The call ended. Jessica slipped her foot into her creamy white slippers and shuffled her way towards her door.
Jessica slowly made her towards the door while rubbing her eyes and was yawning once in a while. 
She slowly pulled back the metal door while a small breeze brushed past. She looked down to find two identical breakfast bags placed on the floor, Jessica was confused, why did he bring me two orders? Still in a confused manner she bended down to retrieve it before closing the door and placing the food on the white marble table. 

After freshening up for the day, Jessica seated herself on the table. Jessica sat alone at the table, feeling empty. Only ruffling sounds of the paper bag is heard as Jessica tore open the bag and placed the food onto a simply patterned plate to be microwaved. 

While waiting for her breakfast to be heated up, Jessica sipped on her coffee. The rich, smooth bitter liquid rinsed down , quenching her thirst, re-energising her mind and body, making her feel fully awakened and freshened. 

.
.
.


"Jessica remember the dinner is at 6 tonight, I will be by your door at around 5:45" 
"Um, okay Roy see you tonight" 
"See you tonight" 
Jessica ended the call. 
"Who was that?" Tiffany asked 
" Uh... Roy" Jessica hesitated to say 
"Roy?" Tiffany doesn't recall anyone with the name Roy
"Yeah, a guy from the company" 
" A guy from the company? So why is "a guy from the company" asking you out for dinner huh?"
"Well... ah... he's t-trying to c-court me" Jessica blushed a little
"Wooooh, someone's blushing" Tiffany started to tease 
"Y-yah, stop, I'm not"
"So, do you like him?" 
"I... I don't know, maybe a little?" 
"A little? Then what about Taeyeon? Do you still like her?" 
Tiffany was trying to tease Jessica, not expecting an answer. But the question caught Jessica off guard, she hadn't thought about the question. 
"I... I... yeah" Jessica's voice got quieter as she spoke.
"What?! Seriously? You gotta sort out your feelings Jessica."
"Y-yeah I know, I will, I'll try" 
"Not try, but have to" Tiffany sighed

Roy was a thoughtful, attentive young lad. He never failed a morning or night call, always made sure Jessica has her meals, and managed to pick her up and drop of off whenever. He would also give her flowers everyday. 

Jessica swayed a little. She hates to admit but her love for Taeyeon is still there, but Roy's courting has made an impact, she's starting to like him a little too. 

.
.
.

Taeyeon sat in her office, spacing out. She was supposed to be scanning and reading through files, but she couldn't get them inside her head. One second she was easing through her way through the files, next second all the information had all been forgotten. Her mind was not here, it was somewhere else. 

Her mind somehow always made it back to Jessica, especially Roy. That random boy that suddenly appeared and was way too close to Jessica. Taeyeon being Taeyeon still possessive like ever, though she doesn't have the need, the right to be possessive over Jessica anymore. It wasn't her place to care who Jessica sees anymore. 

Taeyeon sighed a little before turning her attention back to her over flowing files, a louder and heavier sigh followed when Taeyeon realised that today she will be required to work overtime. Then and there she momentarily put Jessica at the back of her head, right now it's the least of her worries. 

.
.
.

Roy took Jessica to a fancy 5 star French restaurant in the east of Seoul.
Roy, being a gentlemen, pulled Jessica's chair out for her and then made his way to his seat which was opposite Jessica's. 
Jessica's face was even prettier under the dim light given off by the skinny white candle light. Roy was mesmerised, Jessica found Roy staring, a rosy colour slowly creeped up unto her cheek. 
"You look so beautiful Jessica" Roy said 
"T-thanks" Jessica shyly said 
"You are very cute too, especially when you are shy and start blushing while stuttering" 
"S-stop it Roy" Jessica found herself subconsciously blushing even more
"Haha, I can't help it Jessica, you are very loveable" Roy continued it was interrupted when the waiter brought forward foie gras.
"Anyway, let's start, the food looks very appetising" 

The table was filled with clinks and clucks as the utensils came into contact with the plate. The knife sinks into the liver and the fork which was stabbed into the bite-size piece of liver. 
The two slowly devoured the dish, and soon was near the end of their course. 

"Did you enjoy dinner tonight Jessica?" 
"Yeah, it was very nice, we can come back here again next time" 
"Sounds great, glad you enjoyed it"
"I have an announcement"
"Ah, okay" 
"Jessica I know this may sound a bit sudden but, w-would you l-like to b-be my g-g-girlfriend?" Roy nervously managed to make out
"What?" Jessica was caught off guard by the sudden question 
"I-I a-ah" Jessica was conflicting whether to agree or not, her thoughts drifted to Taeyeon for a second.
"I'm sorry. Sorry for pushing it, maybe this is just a one sided love" Royw heaved a sigh 
"Let's just go now, I'll take you home" Roy continued in an upset manner 
"N-no wait Roy, it's just, give me some time to think about it first". 
"Okay" Roy's face immediately brightened up, he still haven't lost hope yet. 
"Okay then, let's go" 
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Deep apologise for a very delayed update since I'm still overseas and my knees are killing me. But hopefully regular weekly updates will be back in a week or two. 

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, though it's a bit short and lame (haha) we need some sort of roller coasters in life. 

Till next time 
PeC.