Chapter 4

Season Of Love

Jessica woke up from her deep slumber. It was her day off today. She ambled towards her window sill, and gently pushed open the casement window. Fresh air filled the room followed by car horns and the voices of the ahjummas downstairs. 

Like Taeyeon both of them lived in apartments, although they have the money to afford mansions but ironically they hated them. They found apartments to be more comforting, plus the neighbours in the neighbourhood made them feel home.
Both girls liked noise compared to quiet and living in an apartment offered them the noise that they had desired. 

Jessica walked to the kitchen and brewed herself a cup of coffee, while filling her stomach with corn flakes. Jessica stopped on a shopping channel that was selling cosmetics. Not satisfied with the products that the channel was offering she decided to visit the shops.      

 

Entering the overcrowded mall, Jessica was taken aback by the amount of people that was present in this limited space. Jessica is completely alienated. She hasn't spent any proper time outside her office or apartment for a long time. Even the huge crowd of people in the mall fascinated her. 


"Yobuseyo" 
"Wifey, where are you?" 
"Uh, opposite xxx, where are you? Hurry."
"Ok, I'm making my way there now, give me a minute." 
"Ok, see you later, bye~" 
"Bye~"

Jessica stood waiting impatiently. Her hand was reaching into her clutch grasping onto her phone, she was about to call until she felt a push.
"EXCU-, oh hey" 
"Hi Wifey, I missed you so much, I haven't seen you in ages!" 
"Same, sorry have been quite busy lately" 
"Please, you are busy everyday, don't make excuses" 
"Ok, ok, I'm sorry" 
"So, what's up with you? You don't come outside don't even talk about a day off work." 
"I-it's nothing, I just felt like I needed a break?" 
"Yeah? I totally buy that, just spill it" 
"I-I... S-she..." 
"It's her isn't it?" 
"W-Who?" 
"Don't act dumb here Jessi, you know clearly who I'm talking about, is it actually her? I thought you guys were finished five years ago?!" 
"S-she...ah... C-came back" 
"W-what? That , now she comes back. I'm going to kill her, where is she?" 
"Calm down Tiff, it's nothing. Funny thing is she's my new business partner" 
"Woah, hold up, business partner? Meaning unavoidable meetings? Damn."
"Y-yeah, it's awkward"

They two stayed quiet, though their eyes were locked.

 Tiffany like Taeyeon can read Jessica like an open book.  Tiffany could tell Jessica felt uneasy and confused about this current situation her face says it all. Jessica's feelings for Taeyeon is starting to come back to her, Tiffany knew. Over the years Jessica tried to demolish, lock up her feelings for Taeyeon, over the course of five years the feelings has successfully subsided, but Taeyeon's sudden comeback had just unleashed Jessica's locked up inner feelings. 

Tiffany understood that this topic was getting uncomfortable for Jessica and that she came out here to clear her mind, a distraction from Taeyeon. 
"Let's start shopping Wifey!" Tiffany tried to change the topic
"Uh, ok! I need some new clothes" Jessica answered back with a small smile.
"Let's gooo" Tiffany yelled before dragging Jessica out into the mall. 

.
.
.

 

"Then he turns around and starts complaining about how miserable he was..." Tiffany's mouth kept moving, she had so much to inform Jessica on. 
Jessica's ears listened to Tiffany's words, her eyes were busy darting around the place, quite a lot have been changed since she last came. 

Jessica seemed to see something, she came to a sudden halt, eyes widened. Tiffany was oblivious to Jessica's actions and kept moving forward, until she turned her head and realised Jessica had stopped in her tracks. Tiffany followed Jessica's gaze and found herself staring at the one and only Kim Taeyeon. 

"" Tiffany thought. 
"Kim Taeyeon you " Tiffany spat it at her. 
"After so long you finally came back huh? You left without even muttering a single word, you in disappeared leaving Jessi in despair. Do you know how much she has gone through?" 
Tiffany swung a punch and hit Taeyeon square in the face, blood gushing out. 
"Tiff, stop it" Jessica rushed forward and pulled Tiffany away.
Tiffany struggling in Jessica's arms gave Taeyeon her last remarks, 
 "And you know what? you, stay away from Jessi, you don't deserve someone like her, she doesn't need to be hurt again, she deserves better." 
"Stop Tiff, sorry Taeyeon Tiffany is so worked up today, Tiff let's just go" 
"Jessica stop apologising she in deserves it" 
"Tiff shut up let's leave" 
Jessica dragged the struggling Tiffany away, leaving Taeyeon there. 

 

Taeyeon POV

Jessica was staring at me. Beside her was Tiffany, she was too busy talking and didn't realise Jessica stopping in her tracks. Tiffany then realised Jessica had stopped and she followed Jessica's gaze and looked back to find me. 

"Kim Taeyeon you " Tiffany spat at me 
"After so long you finally came back huh? You left without even muttering a single word, you in disappeared leaving Jessi in despair. Do you know how much she has gone through?" I stood still, my mind was wandering, guilt crept upon me. 

I felt a force come in contact with my face, and realised that Tiffany had swung a punch at my face, warm water ran down from my eyes and it felt soothing, pain had advanced to the rest of my face, leaving it numb. Tears kept flowing, blood too, so much blood I assumed it was maybe because it had mixed with my tears 

"Tiff, stop it" I see Jessica rushing forward and tried to pull Tiffany away from me. 
Tiffany who was struggling in Jessica's arms then said:
 "And you know what? you, stay away from Jessi, you don't deserve someone like her, she doesn't need to be hurt again, she deserves better." 

I agree, I'm not good enough for her, I'm too big of a jerk. I had been such a bad girlfriend, I have broken her, scarred her even.

"Stop Tiff, sorry Taeyeon, Tiffany is so worked up today, Tiff let's just go" 
"Jessi stop apologising she in deserves it" 

That's right, I in deserve it, even I think of myself as a now.

"Tiff shut up let's leave" 
Jessica dragged Tiffany away, I stood on my spot, frozen. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys, another update, hope you guys enjoyed :) 

"She Was Pretty" reference shout out ;) 

Thanks for the subscriptions and comments and votes *thumbs up* 

PeC