Chapter 11

Season Of Love

"I... Was afraid of the confrontations" Taeyeon began slowly 

"Confrontations? What confrontations" 

"I...well, I... H-had an affair" 

"YOU WHAT?" Jessica didn't expect this answer. 

"A-an a-affair" Taeyeon repeated quietly 

 

Hearing no response, Taeyeon took a peek through her hair curtain, only to find Jessica staring away.

Taeyeon took this as a cue to continue.

 

"I got into an affair with Yuhye... My ex. It originally started off just us catching up on the old times, but then things took a turn from there instead. I didn't intend for it to happen, I mean I loved you and I still do, it never will change, but I don't know what got into me. I think old feelings just somehow resurfaced back. But we didn't meet up often anymore since the first time things got out of hand. I left cause I was afraid to confront to you, I was afraid of losing you. I was just being selfish. I was being too self centred, I didn't think about how you would feel, I only thought about myself, although both ways would make me lose you. I chose the easy path for me, but the hard path for you, and I'm sorry for that." 

 

By then both girls were streaming tears. Taeyeon streamed tears for finally able to get that weight off her shoulders and out of guilt, while Jessica streamed tears of shock and anger. 

 

"Do you think I'm some kind of toy to you Kim Taeyeon? When you are happy you just come and play around with me, when you don't want to play with me you go and find someone else. You come and go as you please, disregard my feelings, apologise and expect things to stay the same. Am I this easy to you? Just leave Taeyeon, get out." Jessica said in a calm emotion. This scared Taeyeon more. 

 

"I'm sorry for everything, all the pain, all the shock. I regret everything. But I don't regret loving you nor feel sorry that I love you. I came back because I had sorted myself out, that I wanted to be with you. I'm sticking with you no matter how hard you try to block me out. I understand you want me to get out right now, but just remember I will keep bugging you until you will be mine again"  

 

Taeyeon got up to leave. Jessica didn't say anything. She just wanted to be alone. 

Seeing Taeyeon leave, Jessica crawled back to her bed. She didn't sob nor cry. She sat on her bed, staying ever so calmly. She was numb. There were no pain to be felt anymore, what's there to cry about? 

 

And so, they were back to square one.

 

.

.

.

 

Taeyeon didn't forge on her words. When she meant she is going to stick to Jessica, she meant it. Everywhere Jessica goes Taeyeon follows. Unless of course she was desperately required at work. Jessica surely notices. It was strangely comforting in a way, but was she willing to forgive her this easily? 

 

Jessica opened her apartment door, to be greeted by a bouquet of flowers placed down by the door mat. She slowly slid the card out of its cover, and opened the card

"A special order to a special you. Morning my love. T." Read the gift card.

Jessica threw the bouquet into the bundle that was stacked in the corner of the room. Taeyeon has been consistent in sending her flowers over the past week. That corner in Jessica apartment was full of flowers, with petals scattered around on the wooden flooring. 

 

.

.

.

 

"Can Prince Charming finally meet up with Sleeping Beauty? Tonight 7pm xxx restaurant. Prince Charming be waiting! Be there or be square  T."  

Jessica sighed, debating whether to go or not. Two weeks since Taeyeon started to send her flowers, and two week since the talk. 

"Maybe I'll just be square" Jessica chuckled bitterly to herself 

 

.

.

.

 

6:59 still no signs of Jessica. Taeyeon sat fidgeting. What if she doesn't turn up? That would be awkward.  

 

7:00 Taeyeon started to bite her lips. She's probably not going to turn up, but another minute won't hurt.

 

7:15 okay, definitely not coming. Failed once again. Dammit! 

 

Taeyeon placed the money onto the table before turning to leave, until she spotted Jessica walking through the door. "YAS" Taeyeon cheered in her head.

"Sorry I'm late" 

"It's alright, no problem. Let's order first" Taeyeon gave a smile 

 

The two girls studied the menu. No dialogue was exchanged. 

 

"Excuse me, we would like to order!" Taeyeon shouted for a waiter 

"Hello, what would you ladies like tonight?" 

"Hello, I would like the chicken fettuccine"

"I would like the beef bolognese" 

"Is that all for tonight?" 

"Yes, thank you"

"Okay, Have a good night"

 

Once the waiter left, the table recovered its silence.

 

"So um, did you like the flowers?" Taeyeon tried to pick up a conversation 

"Yeah, thanks for those" Jessica answered back 

"How was work" Taeyeon kept trying to keep a conversation going 

"Ah, quite busy I guess" Jessica paused a little,

"Stop beating around the bush Taeyeon, I'm pretty sure you didn't get me out here just to ask about work and flowers" Jessica said bluntly 

"I-I just wanted us to together again" Taeyeon her dry lips out of nervousness 

 

Jessica stayed emotionless. It was something she didn't want to hear, not in the near future at least. She wondered why she even bothered to come when she should of expected Taeyeon to ask these kind of questions. 

 

"I-I'm sorry Taeyeon" Jessica grabbed her bag and ran out once again. Through the window Jessica can be spotted running out into the pouring rain, just like the time in the café. Expect this time Kim Taeyeon went after her. She was done being a coward. She needed Jessica. 

 

Jessica heard heavy footsteps behind her. She turned back to find Taeyeon chasing right behind her. She felt her foot wobble and she lunged forwards, she sat on the pavement in the newly formed puddle. Taeyeon saw what happened was walking forward and planned to give Jessica a hand,

"Stop, don't come near me" Jessica shouted over the rain

Taeyeon watched Jessica as she struggled to pick herself off the ground.

"What do you want Taeyeon? Just leave me alone" Jessica emphasised once again

"No, I'm done with this. Don't escape anymore, we need to face the problem" Taeyeon shouted back. 

 

Both girls were drenched by the rain, though none of them cared anymore. 

 

"I'm tired of this Taeyeon. I'm tired of getting hurt. I'm tired of constantly having to forgive you. I'm only human, I have feelings too. I'm constantly trying to be lenient to you, but this is all I ever get in return, is it really worth it? All this tolerance yet I keep getting myself pained. I'm too fragile for this" Jessica started to break down in the middle of the road. Tears mixing in with the rain. 

 

Taeyeon can only stay silent, secretly shedding tears of her own. Jessica collected herself and started to walk away again, but Taeyeon reacted just in time to grab hold of Jessica. Taeyeon tightened her grip as she felt Jessica resisting. 

 

In a split of a second Taeyeon managed to bring Jessica into a hug.

 

"I'm sorry Sooyeon-ah. I'm just being a stupid ignorant brat, I know. I'm sorry and sorry for always having to hurt you and I can't say this more than enough. But please, please give me another chance, I swear to love you and protect you with all my heart. I can't bear to let you go. I-I need you Sooyeon. 

 

Jessica had no more energy to fight back but can only sob into Taeyeon's shoulder. Taeyeon too dropped tears onto Jessica's jacket. 

 

"Taeyeon, stop. I-I'm sorry. I-I need some time" Jessica struggled out of the hug, and stumbled her way into the distance. 

Taeyeon only stood behind watching Jessica get smaller into distance as her heart wrenched in pain with every step Jessica took. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Birthday to our beautiful not so ice-princessy-Jessica! 

 

Just when we thought things were going to be alright, another drama pops up. Poor Taengsic, but the road in life and happy ever after is not easy! I wanted it to be more of a fluffy, happy chapter since it was Jessica's birthday, but I guess drama it is (lol) 

Although the “Leaving” reason could be less cliche and legitimate, I’m just so uncreative haha. 

I know most of you guys want some fluff, don't worry it will happen someday  

 

Thanks for the subscribers (hello new and old readers), comments (yes need loads, jam up the comments section, spam me!), votes (<3) appreciate it! 

 

Thanks for reading, hope it was enjoyable! 

 

Till next time 

PeC