Chapter 3

Season Of Love

Jessica's lips wavered, she bit down to stop it, yes she was about to cry, the women who left her five years ago suddenly appeared again. Was she hallucinating? Jessica was questioning her own pair of eyes. 

"No need to question Sooyeon, it's really me. I'm back. For good." Taeyeon said

As expected of Kim Taeyeon, one look was all it needed for her to know what Jessica was thinking, even after being separated for many years, to her Jessica was still easily readable. 

 

.

.

.

 

“So this contract will last for a year, and if both parties would still like to cooperate then the contract will be renewed after a years time”

Jessica kept quiet, flipping through the contract ensuring the fairness of the conditions made.

“If there is no problem then please sign here”

Jessica was happy with the contract she reached for the pen to sign and seal the deal, Taeyeon seeing the pen is not within Jessica’s reach picked up the pen and handed it over to Jessica. Their hands grazed past each other’s, both shuddered a little feeling the familiarity.

“S-sorry”

“I-its fine... t-thank you"

Both kept quiet after their business meeting was finished, and let the awkward atmosphere linger in the air. Taeyeon took a sip of her coffee before breaking off the silence.

"So... You are CEO of BLANC & ECLARE now?" Taeyeon broke the awkward silence that was lingering in the air. 

"A-ah yeah, I graduated from university and then I started by own business, with some help from dad" 

Silence hit once again, the awkward atmosphere was not dismissible.

"How have you been" Taeyeon spoke out of the blue

Jessica stayed silent for a while, trying to form her words. 

"Not too shabby I guess, I have been quite busy designing and stuff, haha." Jessica let out a awkward laugh 

"What about you?" Jessica managed to ask 

"Not bad. Although I have become busier these days." Taeyeon answered.

 

Their conversation met a dead end. Neither of them knew how to continue. 

The two girls stayed tranquil, voices of their neighbouring tables filled their ears instead of each other's. 

.

.

.

"You staying for good this time?" Jessica suddenly questioned

"Ah, y-yeah, there's still holes for me to fill up" Taeyeon hinted 

Jessica could feel her eyes b with tears as the conversation went on, they were threatening to fall. She was fine a few seconds ago, but her mind kept replaying past events, all the distressful memories all came rushing past.  All the beaming faces was now replaced with sullen ones. Does she leave and come as she pleases? 

"I-I'm sorry" Jessica suddenly said before she ran out the door, she didn't want people to see her tears, she hated to look vulnerable in front of people. Tears started to plummet as Jessica reached her car. 

 

Taeyeon was left dumbfounded in the cafe shop, she could tell Jessica was close to tears, that she was lost in memories again. She wished she was able to bring her into her embrace, kiss her and tell her everything will be fine, but she couldn't. At least not anymore. 

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

Two girls. Two rooms. One thought. 

Thinking, taking a trip down memory lane. 

 

The two girls meet on their first day of high school. 

They were arranged to sit at the same table. 

Through days of communicating they were able to pick out common interests.

From friends to best friends and eventually to lovers.  

They were deeply in love. Stuck in love. Inseparable. 

Like normal couples, they had their bittersweet moments. 

First love. New. Sweet. Fresh. That's how their relationship was described. 

They promised to be there for each other, to stay together through thick and thin, to be each others future. 

Jessica believed in the promise and kept to it, until Taeyeon left one day.

Leaving Jessica heartbroken, betrayed, and hurt. 

No explanation. No goodbye. She just disappeared like she never existed in the first place. 

Their love and promises were just a joke, a dream even. 

 

 

Jessica felt tears roll down her cheek, she swiftly wiped it off, the person she tried so hard to forget was back again, and was occupying her mind again. She wanted to sleep, to forget, but she struggled. Getting up she dove back into her work, burying herself in work was her way of forgetting, escaping and avoiding.

 

Taeyeon had always kept Jessica with her, her breath taking smile, glittering eyes, bell like laugh, her soft plush cherry red lips and of course her small warm but soft hands. She never stopped loving her. Leaving was selfish. She regretted it every second, but where would regret take her. 

Taeyeon didn't expect the sudden reunion. She knew Jessica must of been hurt deeply. She didn't expect their first meeting since five years ago was under these circumstances.

Now since they work together, avoiding was nearly quite impossible. Taeyeon was afraid. Afraid that her feelings will grow even bigger. She didn't want to hurt her any further.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, another short update, hope you enjoyed ;)

PeC <3