E i g h t

My Over Protective Best Friend

I received a text from Min Ho oppa. rubbing my eyes, I sat up and read it.

Ji Yeon ah, let's go to my friend's party today, and i'll introduce them to you, arrasso?

Sure.

I replied, it was Friday today and- wait. FRIDAY?!

Its friday, which means movie marathon with Jong Hyun! I guess I'll just tell Jong Hyun later. He won't mind right? I mean, today's the only exception.

" JI YEON~~~! What movie do you wanna watch today night? " Jong Hyun chirped while hopping in. Yes, HOPPING in.

" Uhh- Jong Hyun "

" We should watch Abduction! Woah Taylor Lautner~~~ " 

" Jong Hyun - "

" BREAKING DAWN! My friend said Bella gave birth and she turned into a VAAAMPI- " 

" JONGHYUN! "

" What? " He blinked innocently at me. Oh god, how am i supposed to tell him. Song Ji Yeon, just tell him. Go, quick.

" I can't watch movies with you today. "

" Why? " He asked, with a tinge of sadness in his voice.

" I.. " I took a deep breath. Should I lie to him?

" I'm going to a party with Min Ho oppa tonight. " I told him truthfully.

" I don't care, ditch him " He turned away from me and demanded.

" I already promised him! "

" So? And YOU have been watching movies with me for the past ing 18 years. Now for some DOG you're going to DITCH me? Are you ing serious Ji Yeon? " He shouted, totally agitated.

" Ugh, look. I thought this was going to be easy but - "

" YEAH, SO EASY TO DITCH ME RIGHT?! " He screamed, cutting me off.

" WOULD YOU STOP SHOUTING?! I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE EASY BECAUSE THIS WOULD BE THE ONLY TIME! I PROMISE! " I retorted, looking at him pleadingly.

" Do whatever you want, i don't care anymore... " He shook his head and sighed before leaving the room and slammed the door shut with a loud bang.

Now what?

 

***

 

I've never shouted at Ji Yeon before. Never. This was the first time.

I don't know- I just got so angry the minute she told me she was going to ditch me, not for something reasonable, not for something important - but for her useless and hateful boyfriend.

I don't even know myself anymore. Why did i get so angry? It was like I was jealous or something. No! Of course I'm not jealous. Jealousy is for boyfriends.

Unless I love her? Pfft, right. Yes, i love her as a brother, but really? Love? That's out of the question. Ain't gonna happen. I'm just angry because she's ditching me, yes.

That's right. I shouted at her because I'm angry that she's ditching me. Not because of love.

Yes. It must be so.

" Look, I'm sorry alright? I promise this is going to be the last time. " Ji Yeon nudged me by my arm.

" I don't wanna hear anything from you. " I said,walking off. Yes, I don't want to hear anything from you anymore. Its making me so confusing, so painful.

I don't wanna hear anything.

 

***

I sighed and took my clutch. Did i make the wrong choice ditching Jong Hyun? No, Ji Yeon. You didn't okay? This is the first and the last time. Besides, Jong Hyun's my best friend. He'll get over it. Yes, that's right.

I persuaded myself and walked out of the door. Jong Hyun glanced at me and scoffed, walking out of the door to his own house.

I'm sorry Jong Hyun, this is the only exception, okay?

***

Music were booming through the walls and people were there having the time of their lives.

" Ji Yeon ah, let's dance ! " Min Ho oppa pulled me and we started dancing and having fun.

It was getting a little thirsty and i decided to get out from the crowd, and walked into the kitchen instead.

" Hey, why did you stop? " Min Ho said, walking in.

" Nah, just a little thirsty. " I said, trying to reach the cup at the top.

" I'll help, " Suddenly, i felt a presence behind me. Turning back, he was so close to me, reaching for the cup. We stood frozen for a minute, before i turned fully towards him. 

" I love you, " he whispered, and inched closer to me.

Oh my gosh, here it comes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" YOUR JAGIYAAA KIMM JONGG HYUNNN IS CALLLINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG~ "  

I looked at him awkwardly before reaching for my pocket. Min Ho backed away and sighed.  What a great timing huh.

" WHAT! " I screamed into the phone, not caring who it came from. I was sick of being interrupted.

" DON'T YOU WHAT ME! " Key screamed back into the phone.

" Wait, Key? Why are you calling me? "

" YOUR BEST FRIEND KIM JONG HYUN IS HERE LYING ON THE TABLE OF MY HOUSE AFTER DRINKING CANS AND CANS OF BEER SAYING HIS BEST FRIEND BETRAYED AND CHEATED HIS FEELINGS AND BROKE YOUR AGREEMENT OF SOME IMPORTANT LEGEND YOU HAVE BEEN DOING FOR 18 YEARS, AND THAT HE WANT TO DIE RIGHT NOW. HE WON'T STOP CRYING AND KEPT MUMBLING AND CURSING YOUR NAME, SO I OBVIOUSLY HAD TO CALL YOU! " Key explained in a huff, totally annoyed. I could even hear Jong Hyun screaming and crying at the background.

" Oh my god, " I took a deep breath. 

" I'll be right there. "

 

***

" WOAH YOU'RE HERE. Whew. HELP ME AND GET THIS IDIOT OUT MY HOUSE. " Key heaved a sigh of relief and demanded.

" Hihihi, Yeonnie, you're here ! Lets drink some beer ... " Jong Hyun smiled like a moron at me, waving the can of beer in his hands.

" KIM JONG HYUN YOU'RE GOING HOME WITH ME NOW! " I shouted like an ahjumma.

He started crying again. 

" You're shouting at me! I don't like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " He bawled.

I took a deep breath and refrained from slapping that moron.

" Okay, mianhe for shouting. Just come with me, okay? " i said, with the most friendly voice i could muster.

" hehe, okay. " He was getting up and he stood frozen for a moment before sitting down and throwing tantrums again.

" NO! I don't want to go already! You left me! You left me for someone Jong Hyun don't like! Jong Hyun not happy!!!!!!! " He started whining like a child.

Oh my god, SOMEONE SAVE ME.

" YEONNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DONT LIKE YOU~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!! "

Just shoot me already.

 

***

After half and hour of persuading and nudging, that moron finally decided to give in and came to my house.

" You , You! Always giving me so many goddamned problems! " I said to the now was sleeping soundly on my bed Jong Hyun.

" And ruining my KISSES! " I continued, before resting my body onto the bed right beside him.

" Ji yeon ah, don't leave me again...... " Jong Hyun that pabo mumbled in his sleep.

I took a deep breath. 

" Arasso, you little kid. " I ruffled his hair and smiled at my best friend, Kim pabo Jong Hyun.