F i v e

My Over Protective Best Friend

" Yoboseyo? Min Ho oppa? I can't find your house!! There are so many different terrace houses here... Plus one mansion. " I said desperately, as i have been searching for his house for the past fifteen minutes.

" The mansion one. " Bwoh?! He lives in a mansion?! 

" O..ohh. Alright i'll be right there. " I stuttered and headed to his house. Wait, would you even call that a house?!

" Your house's huge. " I stared blankly at the tall mansion as he just chucked.

" Heard that before, " He turned around and invited me in.

" Okay, so lets get started huh? " I said as i begun to put down my laptop and materials needed.

" Yup! "

 

***

I yawned as we were already three quarter done with the project.

" Tired? " Min Ho asked with sleepy eyes.

" Yeah, and the aircon is driving me crazy. " I laughed as i got up.

" Lets go get froyo. " I suggested, smiling widely at him.

" Froyo? Huh? Whats that? " He asked, giving me a confused look.

" You don't know froyo? Thats frozen yogurt you pabo! " I laughed, making him scratch his head in embarrassment.

" Oh. In the states, we eat icecream and not frozen yogurt. " He explained as i nodded in understanding.

" Lets go then! " I cheered, as we were finally getting a break.

" What type of froyo do you want? " I asked, him as we were standing outside the shop.

" Uhhh.... The peach one. " He said.

" Alright then. I would like one peach yogurt and one green apple flavoured yogurt. " I smiled as i paid for it.

" Hey aniyo! I should be the one paying it! " He chided.

" Its just yogurt. Plus, you've already treated me to alot of things this week! " I smiled.

" ...Fine. But i'll treat you to something else next time okay? "

 

***

" Uh... Ji Yeon. How do you think of me ? " I asked nervously.

" Hmmm... You're good-looking, cute, nice, kind, gentleman-like, sweet, caring, rich, a perfect boyfriend i guess! " My eyes lit up as my heartbeat excelerated.

"....Jinja? Then, on a scale of one to ten, how much would you give me? " 

" TENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~ " she sang.

i was so happy, i could fly.

 

***

We then went back to his house and finished off the project, and it was already 11p.m.

" Omona! It's already 11. " I said, pointing at the clock.

" Yeah, time flies when you're concentrating huh? Its pretty late, i suggest you stay here for tonight... " Min Ho suggested.

" Won't your parents mind? " I asked.

" My dad's overseas, and my mom.... she don't even have the chance to mind... " 

" Huh? i don't understand. " I shot him a confused look.

" Its okay. Forget it. "

" If you don't mind, can I look around your house? " I asked, to get a nod as approval.

" Woah your room's pre- hey, whose this in the photo? " I asked, pointing at the photo right beside his bed.

He smiled softly and answered, " Umma. Thats my mom. "

" Oh ! Where's she now? " I asked our of curiousity.

" She's dead. She's in heaven now. " He laughed bitterly and continued, " Do you know why she died? She died because of me, on my birthday. "

" Min Ho oppa... " 

 

flashback 13 years ago -

" Our dear prince Min Ho~! Happy birthday sweetie! Mommy's getting you cake later, alright? " Mom smiled lovingly at Min Ho 

" Komawo Umma! Saranghaeyo! Hihihi, " Min Ho giggled, even thinking about his favourite chocolate cake alone makes him so happy.

" Min Ho ah, Appa is busy, don't blame him alright? I'm sure he has prepared a big present just for our one and only precious Min Ho! " Min Ho's Umma tried to make little Min Ho happier despite the fact his father wasn't around. 

Little Min Ho nodded in understanding. * As long as Umma is with me, Min Ho is happy. *

" Min Ho ah, lets go get the cake! Its your favourite chocolate icecream cake! " Min Ho's Umma held his hand and led him out of the house.

" And here's your lollipop you can have later! " She handed Min Ho his favourite flavoured lollipop - chocolate.

" Cross the road with me, Min Ho ah. Don't play alright? " Min Ho's mom instructed him while holding tightly onto his hand. Halfway crossing the road, Min Ho suddenly stopped in his tracks and shouted while looking back.
 

" MY CHOCOLATE LOLLIPOP! " Min Ho's mom sped towards it and picked it up.

" I got it back Min Ho ah! " She smiled . That smile... was the last smile she had ever given to her son. Blood, was then seen all over her.

" Umma... Umma ... " Min Ho shaked her, but to no avail. All that was seen was that chocolate lollipop that caused his mother's death.

And who was to blame? Him.

He hated himself. Why was he not the one dead but his mother?

What he hated more was his father. When he knew about his wife, he'd rather go for his important meeting than to attend the funeral.

And he left Min Ho there, crying his heart out. 

Crying , sobbing , praying , 

Just hoping for his mother to return to him....

***

" Im so pathetic, right? " He asked, looking at me as a tear slide down his cheeks. I stood forward and slid an arm around his waist, hugging him.

Patting his back, i comforted " Its not your fault, Auntie wouldn't want to see you like this. "

He was just a poor child, hoping for someone to care about him, be there for him, concern about him, and to love him...

And he knew Ji Yeon was the one.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

They're getting together soon.... hohoho