T h r e e

My Over Protective Best Friend

" Jong Hyun ah, we're supposed to have fun here, dance with us and not sulk there drinking wine ! " Key rolled his eyes at Jong Hyun while persuading him to go dance with them.

" I can't believe you brought that Dog to our favourite hideout! Do you even know him that well? " Jong Hyun scoffed.

" Aigoo Jong Hyun stop being such a ! Just come dance with us, okay? " I pleaded him.

" Pshh, go and dance with your Min Ho ! " Jong Hyun replied sourly.

" Awww, so you ARE jealous! Stop being such a posessive best friend Jong Hyun ah. " I teased

" I'm leaving, " Jong Hyun turned away in a huff and left.

" UGH THAT MAN! Guys, i'm following him. Min Ho oppa, have fun with them! " I said before turning towards the direction Jong Hyun left to.

 

***

 

" Min Ho oppa, have fun with them! " Was the last sentence i heard from Ji Yeon before we left. Pssh, Min Ho Oppa? Already? When i, her best friend for 18 years of her life hasn't even been called Oppa once, but ' bastard ' ' douche ' ' ' and all? Is this the reality you guys wanted?

" KIM JONG HYUN! STAY RIGHT THERE, I .. i..." I heard Ji Yeon huff and puff. - Ji Yeon has asthma. How could i forget? And i made her follow me through this long route running. My eyes widened and turned straight towards her immediately.

" - I'm so sorry , mianhe yeonnie , jinja. " I held her in my arms and searched for her inhaler from her bag immediately, with a flustered face.

" PUAHAHAHAAHH! YOU.. YOU SHOULD'VE TOTALLY SEEN YOUR FACE IT WAS LIKE - HAHAHHAHAAHAHHA " Ji Yeon burst out into laughter. I looked at her with a confused expression. I let her go immediately and rolled my eyes again before turning away. 

" Awww i'm sorry alright? But if i didn't act like i had asthma attack, you probably wouldn't have slowed down for me and i would've gotten it in the end. " She clunged onto my arm like a panda clinging onto bamboos and smiled cutely for extra effect.

" Why did you even come out anyway? Go back to your Min Ho OPPA! I can't believe you called him Oppa already! It has only been like A DAY! And i'm like what, your best friend for 18 years? Is this what i get? Omona jinja. " I huffed angrily to get a giggle from her instead.

" Kekeke, Kim Jong Hyun posessive and jealous mode on, eh? " She teased.

" I can't be bothered with you. "

" Awwww Jjongie OPPPA! " I stood right there, frozen. Did she just call me Oppa?

" If you wanted, i could even call you jagiya , Jjong. HAHAHA, you didn't tell me." She stood there giggling, as though in her own world.

" Haha, i decided. I'm going to call you Jjong jagiya! HAHAHAHAHAHHA THIS IS SO FUNNY " She continued blabbering on. Unknowned to her was that, i actually liked it when she called me jagiya. It felt... special.

" Hey, lets go somewhere. " I pulled her hand and started to drag her along to a place where we called it ours.

 

***

 

" OH MY GAWD ! JONGYEON PARK STILL EXISTS AFTER 12 YEARS ! OH MY GODDDDD! " Ji Yeon started jumping up and down excitedly at the sight of the park we belonged.

 

***

flashback 12 years ago - 

Six year old Ji Yeon and Jong Hyun ran around the playground while having their all time favourite - Mango flavoured icecream. Kids were too, running around having a good time by themselves. All of a sudden, a little boy dashed across little Ji Yeon, causing her to drop her icecream.

" My... My icecream... " Little Ji Yeon whimpered, with tears b in her eyes, whereas the little boy was already gone to even care.

" Ji Yeon ah! What happened? " Little Jong Hyun came beside her with furrowed eyebrows, putting a hand over her shoulder. He definitely did not like the idea of his best friend crying.

" Boy...run....icecream....gone...." Ji Yeon murmured, as she began to sob.

" Uljima ( dont cry ) Ji Yeon ah! Look, we can share my icecream alright? Its not worth it to cry! We're in our favourite playground, remember? Uljima! " Jong Hyun hushed Ji Yeon, with just those words from him.

" Oppa, since this is our favourite playground, shouldn't we...name it? " Ji Yeon asked, taking a bite from Jong Hyun's icecream.

" Mmm..." Jong Hyun put a hand on his chin and tilted his head to the side, deep in thought. His eyes then beamed in happiness and exclaimed, " Jong Yeon! Lets call it the Jong Yeon Park! "

 

***

" I REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS DEMOLISHED! But look, kids don't really come here anymore. I remembered how there used to be soooo many kids, along with the both of us! And there was this tard who ruined my icecream....." She trailed

" But that's how Jong Yeon Park even came about, isn't it? " Jong Hyun smiled thinly at Ji Yeon.

" Hehe, yup! Talking about ice-cream... " Suddenly, the bell of an icecream truck was heard. An old man was selling them.

" Ahjussi, can i have 2 mango icecreams please - "

" Coned, right? I remember the two of you! Jong Hyun and Ji Yeon, isn't it? The both of you always came here every week to buy icecream from me 12 years ago... " He smiled.

" And look at the both of you now ! A handsome prince and a beautiful lady! Are you two dating? Omona, you make such a great couple! "

" Aniyo, ahjussi. We're best of friends. Its great to see you here again! Brings back memories... " Ji Yeon smiled at him.

Ahjussi handed the both of us icecream and left after thanking him. We walked to a nearby bench and was about to sit down when...

" OWW . " Ji Yeon landed straight in her face.

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA " I started laughing and putting a hand on my stomach.

" AM I LIKE, DESTINIED TO BE DEPRIVED FROM ICECREAM? THIS FEELS LIKE DEJA VU . " She growled, getting up and looking helplessly at the icecream that was now all over the floor, smashed.

" Well since its deja vu, i guess history repeats itself? " I winked at her while handing over my icecream cone for her to take a bite. She smiled at me gratefully and reached out to take a bite when i pulled it back and all over the icecream before handing it back to her.

" Hehe, you still want it? HAHAHA go ahead and have it yeonnie, " I smirked in victory while waiting for her response.

" Thanks! " Ji Yeon took the icecream from my hand and started to enjoy it, while i was there looking at her in disgust.

" .....This is my best friend? " I asked myself while shaking my head.


______________________________________________________________________________

Hey there my y readers. * wriggles eyebrows * LOL .