O n e

My Over Protective Best Friend

I was walking to school with Jong Hyun as usual. With our hands interwined, we were chatting animatedly and laughing. 

" Umma ! Oppa and Unnie look so good together ! " A little girl with pink ribbons on her plaits said to her mother while pointing a finger at us.

" Aniyo, aniyo, " I waved a hand while protesting, while Jong Hyun just chuckled.

Well, yeah. Jong Hyun and I are just like that. We're best friends that could talk to each other about anything and everything, ask him about my figure and what i should wear, sleep next to each other without feeling awkward and most importantly - with each other together no matter what.

We were often mistaken as a couple, but we already got used to it.

" Yah Song Ji Yeon ! You made Jong Hyun breakfast and you didn't make for me?! " Key hollered at me the moment we reached school.

" Haha, oh well. She's MY best friend, not yours, so MERONG. " Jong Hyun stuck out a tongue at him childishly while holding up his breakfast and inhaled the aroma of it dramatically.

" Mianhe Key oppa... I didn't have the time. I was in a rush. " I replied while giving my best puppy dog eyes i had ever given.

" Fine. Those cute eyes of your saved your life, or else... " Key trailed off as i eyed him suspiciously. " You'll get those tickles in your stomach, " he continued while grinning evilly at me.

Jong Hyun put a hand protectively in front of me and said as he lifted his chin up high, " As if i'll give you a chance to touch Yeonnie. "

I laughed at those two 18 year old teenagers that were acting like 5 year old kids fighting over chocolates.

" Yeonnie, its Friday today. What movie do you wanna watch? " Jong Hyun asked while scanning at his phone under the books during lesson.

We always had a movie marathon every Friday, with no exceptions.

" Yah Mr Kim. Its lesson time now, stop using the damned phone. " I rolled my eyes while continuing my task.

" Shut up and tell me what movie you wanna watch ! " He snapped back at me.

" Eh... I don't know. Real Steel? " I put a finger on my chin and tiltled my head as i was deep in thoughts.

" Real Steel that is, " He grinned and asked the teacher for permission to go to the toilet.

" Obviously he's never going to come back... " I  muttered to myself as I buried my face back into the History book i was focusing on.

 

 

- Lunch -

 

" I can't believe you managed to survive that old man's lesson " Jong Hyun scoffed at me as we were heading to the lunch table.

" And I can't believe you locked yourself in the toilet reading for the whole lesson you ! " I rolled my eyes at him.

" Well at least thats a billion more times interesting than - WAIT, did you just call me a ? " He gaped at me.

" Let me think. Oh yeah, i just did baby! " I caressed his face and stuck out my tongue before running for my life.

" YAH SONG JI YEON YOU STAY RIGGGGHT THERE ! " He screamed and, DUH Jong Hyun, i am obviously not going to stay there for you to attack.

Oh, what a cute little boy.

" NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR! " I hollered back.

To my dismay, he was faster than me. He s an arm around my waist causing us both to fall down on the grass of the basketball court , him on top of me. He got up real quick and started to do something i hated and feared the most - tickles.

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ANNNNDWAEEE AHAHAHHAAHAH JONG ING HYUNNNNN ! " I screamed helplessly, with my eyes already full of tears.

" Say that you're sorry for calling the hottest ninja alive a , " He grinned at me and continued tickling me .

" IN YOUR DREAMS, ! "

" Alright Yeonnie, you asked for it. " 

With that, he tickled me even harder.

" HAHAHAHHAHAHA FINE HAHAHA SORRY JONG HYUN FOR CALLING HAHAHAHHAH THE HOOOOTTTESSSSST NINJA ALIVE A ! HAPPY? "

He stopped immediately and broke into a wide grin.

" Thats the thing you should've done from the start Yeonnie~ " I was catching my breath from those tickles and laughing so hard.

" Who knew such a short dinosaur like you could run so fast with such short legs?! " I asked myself in disbelief.

" Hey i heard that! " He pouted cutely and folded his arms like a little kid.

" D'aww My Jjongie's sooo cute! " I pinched his cheeks and shook his head from side to side.

 

 

- Night -

 

" ARE YOU READEH FOR SOME REAAAAAAL STEEEEL! " Jong Hyun stood up on the sofa and jumped with popcorn in his hands.

" Get down there you pabo, you're going to spoil that! " 

"  When are you going to stop acting like KEY?! Ugh, you two are NO FUN! " He emphasized and plomped his big on the sofa.

" And when are YOU going to stop acting like a three year old? " I shook my head disapprovingly as we started the movie.

" THAT KID DANCES! OH GOSH COOL MUCH " I exclaimed as that eleven year old kid started dancing with the robot.

" Oh come on Yeonnie. He isn't THAT good. I do much better. "

" When you were eleven, you were watching snoopy you , "

" Just shut up Yeonnie "

" You shut up Jjong "

" "

" Bastard "

" Shut up and watch the movie! "

 

- A few minutes later -

 

" Wheww, it finally ended. But well it was a great movie wasn't it? " I turned towards my shoulder to find Jong Hyun lying his head on my shoulder, already sweet into his dreams. i nudged him but he wouldn't budge. i then tried carrying him but ended up the both of us slumping back onto the sofa.

" Sigh. You annoying freak, " I muttered as i gave up and ended up closing my eyes and sleeping on the sofa.

You might be annoying and cocky, stupid and lazy, crazy and childish, but i still love you my bestie.  

And nothing would ever change that. 

Nothing.... I thought as i drifted to sleep.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

lol, yeah. first chapter. i hope you like it? its kinda boring here because i needed to write this part to emphasize on how close they are and everything. the drama begins when she gets the boyfriend which happens......soon;)