what would my heart become?

haken stories/drabbles!

'i have an appoinment at three' he heard from the other line. hakyeon sighed, felt the dissapointment all over him but he started to shrug it off because, they could meet another time, right? he knew his boyfriend was busy and couldn't be bothered.
'then why dont we meet at night?' hakyeon checked his watch and remmebered that jaehwans shift end at seven. 
'you have work, hakyeon.'
'im sure its fine to be gone for a while!' hakyeon thought about the risks of actually missing work, but he had been wanting to see jaehwan and it had been weeks since the last time they met.

hakyeon had sneakily left his office without his boss knowing, and he didn't want to think of what would his boss do if he found out. he could be fired, for all who knows, but he was hoping that he wouldn't because he had never done something like it before. 

he was arrived at the place, that place hakyeon and jaehwan first met. that night when hakyeon thought he was seeing some crazy adult who was playing the slide, and ended up dating him. it brought memories to him and it made hakyeon happy, simply looking forward to the things they're going to do together.

his phone rang, playing the song jaehwan told him to set. he smiled then, jaehwan would call when he was already close to the place, and hoped that jaehwan would just surprise him.  'hakyeon, i think i cant go tonight.'
'why? hwannie...' he was honestly speechless, and wanted to be angry so much. 
'stop calling me that.' 

and that's what it took to finally realise everything jaehwan was trying to do to him.

why did it take hakyeon exact five weeks to realise? why didn't he know it behind all jaehwan's short messages and rare calls? and meeting refuses? jaehwan was never there when he needed him, and jaehwan never told him about himself anymore. all they talked was simple things, and hakyeon still talking as usual but jaehwan only replied simply to him. why was it hard to notice? jaehwan wouldn't even call hakyeon with his nicknames jaehwan gave him. jaehwan used to run at him when hakyeon said he had no one to go home with, used to feed him foods when hakyeon didn't want to, and jaehwan was never busy for hakyeon. it was weird that he had never suspected things, until that.

hakyeon was now crying, so hard, too hard, and he was the one who would spill all the things he was trying to say, but nothing seemed to come out. somehow he wished that, like this, jaehwan would know that hakyeon was sad because of him. it was something jaehwan couldn't handle, hakyeon crying, because of him. 

but all he heard was jaehwan's groan. 'i dont wanna hear anything from you again.' 

that was how it had ended.

hakyeon was still standing there near the swing he was usually sitting on whenever he was waiting for jaehwan. he wated to faint, or something worse, because his boyfriend had changed to the point he didn't now who he was anymore. he used to think jaehwan loved him so much, that hakyeon was his priority, he made hakyeon fell so precious and important. 

maybe it was time for them to end. 

 

as hakyeon turned around to leave, there was someone waling towards where hakyeon was standing before. the man stared at hakyeon who was walking further and further, and a sob could be heard from him.

although it hurt him so much, he knew he should let hakyeon go for his own sake.