snuggle

haken stories/drabbles!

jaehwan had this habit of having to be close to people after he had watched something scary, or having bad dreams. he used to have his older brother who would try to make jaehwan get off him when he slept, and when he moved out to live in a dorm with his roommate, he would go to his room and hug his friend’s back, holding him close because of the imaginations replaying on his head.

“might as well move your bed, jaehwan-ah,” his roommate, taekwoon said to him because not that he minded about jaehwan doing it most nights, but because of how small taekwoon’s bed was for the both of them.

it was jaehwan’s second time to move places to stay. it was hakyeon’s house. taekwoon no longer need to pay for his rent because he dated a rich café franchise owner who was younger than them and moved to his house.

jaehwan thought it would be a great idea to tell hakyeon about his habit first before he would experience it without expecting. but he couldn’t really do it.

not when hakyeon was more afraid of his life when he watched scary movies, not when he was always so surprised and scared of everything more than jaehwan did.

hongbin came over to hakyeon’s house after work and force them both to watch the movies he had bought, which were mostly horror movies. Jaehwan was focusing to the screen but hakyeon- he was always overreacting and screaming and say ‘I know it’s going to show up-!’ before jumping up to the nearest person to him. When hongbin left jaehwan could not leave hakyeon alone because the older told him too, he was too scared to even go to the bathroom.

“i’m always alone when hongbin came.” hakyeon said with a pout, staring at the ceiling. “he never wanted to accompany me either.”

it reminded jaehwan much of himself. it had been almost two hours but hakyeon could not seem to get over it and jaehwan was almost clueless about what to do other than staying silent while staring at hakyeon laying beside him.

“hyung, when i get reminded of scary images i always do something like,” jaehwan pulled hakyeon’s body so hakyeon could face him, and put his arms around hakyeon to hug him. “this. with taekwoonnie hyung.”

hakyeon’s eyes widen, “with taekwoonie? really? seriously like this?” he had never seen his same-aged friend much of a cuddler before.

but jaehwan shook his head to him and his lips made a thin line before saying, “not really like this, but hugging, i used to hug his back.”

“ahh,” hayeon nodded, but then moved closer to jaehwan until their foreheads touched each other’s. “but not like this, right?”

“hyung, we shouldn’t do something like this.”

“ah, why? it’s comfortable.” he snuggled even more closer till possible, cheeks touching, arm around jaehwan’s body and jaehwan didn’t think he would want to argue with him more. “night, jaehwannie.” hakyeon told him, smiling a little before closing his eyes.

it was weird because jaehwan never really thought of hakyeon as more than friends, but the older looked like he was happy and had gotten over his fear, so jaehwan didn’t mind.

“goodnight, hyung.”