The Rouge and Fairy

Dragon Wars

Chanyeol saw a hooded figure holding a blade at his throat, he swallowed, the figure looked at him with the most deadly glare he had ever seen. He said, “I’m not a threat.” The figure kept the blade at his throat, never letting it go, he asked, “Who are you?” the figure removed the hood with its other hand, revealing a boy at his age, maybe at fourteen. His hair was light brown and was tied back in a ponytail. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown and his mouth was covered with a mask. His slowly lowered the blade and said, “I’m not telling until you tell me.” His voice was stern. Chanyeol rubbed at where his blade was, he said, “My name is Park Chanyeol.” The boy slid the blade until its holster, his cloak revealed a red shirt that covered his neck and was sleeveless, his pants were blue with black lines down the sides, his shoulders covered by armor held by leather straps.

 

His boots were brown and had red marks on them. His shoulder had a gold bird tattoo on it. He asked, “What’s with the tattoo?” The boy narrowed his eyes at him and said, “Ask that again and I’ll slit your throat. No hesitation.” Chanyeol nodded and asked, “What’s your name?” The boy removed his mask and revealed a long scar on his cheek and eye.

 

She said, “Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said, “Huh.” Baekhyun looked at him then at his amulet, he asked, “What’s that?” Chanyeol looked at his amulet, he answered, “My dragon eye amulet. Apparently, I found out I’m a living legend that is being hunted down.” Baekhyun shook her head.

 

He said, “Come on.” He began to walk, Chanyeol followed and saw a single tree was normal; it was fresh and beautiful and had a hole a woodpecker could fit in. He asked, “What?” Baekhyun climbed up the tree with ease and sat on a branch, his leg dangling down. He  answered, “This is where I live. With a housemate of course.” Chanyeol asked, “Housemate?” Baekhyun pointed a finger to the hole, He said, “Chen, we have guests.”

 

Suddenly, a pink ball of light zoomed out of the hole, it grew in size until it revealed a boy with pale skin. His eyes were a chocolate brown and he was beaming like crazy. His voice was loud and full of energy, “We do?!” He said excitedly, Baekhyun sighed and said, “Yes, we do.”

 

Baekhyun leaped off the tree and said, “This is Chen. My friend.” Chen said, “Yep!” Chanyeol asked, “Is he a fairy?” Baekhyun replied, “Yes.” Chen asked, “Who’s the new guy?” Baekhyun answered, “This is Chanyeol, he’s apparently a guy on the run from Yunho.”

 

Chen made a face, “Him.” He said with a furious tone. Chanyeol asked, “What’d he do?” Baekhyun said, “Watch your tongue, kid. Chen’s been through Hell and worse because of that man. He’s the last of the Nature Fae.” Chanyeol said, “Oh.”

 

Baekhyun continued, “This mark on my shoulder.” He showed him her tattoo, “Is the Mark of The Phoenix, I am, or was a member of The Golden Phoenix Guild. I stole, lied, backstabbed, and manipulated people into doing what I wanted them to.” He said, “But I didn’t kill, so they exiled me, not until my guild leader and I had one last fight.”

 

Chanyeol asked, “Did you win?” Baekhyun said, “If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be here. I won, though so did he. He gave me this…” He pointed to the scar on his face. Chanyeol gasped. Baekhyun was about to say something but Chen beat him to it, “So, how are we going to save the dragons from going extinct?”