The Training Session

Dragon Wars

Chanyeol woke up to see Yoora over him, she said, “Wake up.” her brown hair was tied up in a tight bun, her work clothes were clean and fresh. She was wearing a deep Prussian blue dress with gold vine imprints on the fabric, her waist was adorned with a light blue sash.

He sat up and said, “Morning. You look like Queen BOA.”

Rebecca smiled at him and said, “Yet her outfits are more detailed and luxurious.”

He smiled anyways and said, “You look like her to me.”

Yoora said, “Wash up and get dressed, you are having a special day in training I hear.”

 Chanyeol said, “Oh yeah.” He got up and began to get dressed, he wore a white shirt with red slash marks as details t the sleeves and collar, blue pants with brown lines down the sides, and brown boots with straps. He grabbed his bag and filled it with his lunch Yoora had already prepared for him.

 

He took his ruby dragon eye amulet and placed around his neck. He kissed his mother goodbye and walked out the door. He saw the other trainees whispering, looking at one another, and huddled into small groups. He looked around and saw a huge pool in the spear throwing field. Curious, Chanyeol walked up to a boy with a head of blond hair and a fit body and was shirtless except for two belts of leather crossing over one another forming an “X” on his chest.

 

Chanyeol asked, “What’s going on?” The boy looked at him with crystal blue eyes, they met his golden eyes, the boy said, “We’re having a special training session today.” The boy then walked away and returned to his small clique of boys. Chanyeol stood there, dumbfounded. He heard a horn blow a deep baritone noise. Everyone turned and saw the teacher giving them the lesson.

 

He was a big man, with goblin like characteristics. He had the pointed ears, the big teeth, and permanent frown on his face. He said, “Alright, you little fetashis, listen up.” He used the slang word for “brats” to address them, his voice sounded strange and empty. Like all emotion was stripped from his soul and replaced with a void of darkness. He continued, “Your lesson today is one you’ve been training for ever since you came to this training academy.”

 

Chanyeol looked at the giant pool of water, it was a deep color so he can’t see what was inside, he turned his attention back to the instructor, who didn’t notice or didn’t care.

 

The instructor said, “Grab a weapon, use one you’re comfortable with, you’re gonna need it.” Chanyeol didn’t like the sound of that last part of sentence. Nevertheless, he obeyed. The instructor had a steel grate removed over the pool and suddenly a living, breathing water dragon sprang out of the pool! Kids were gasping, one kid fainted, another peed his pants, and one kid vomited. Chanyeol stared at it in awe.

 

The dragon was a sapphire blue, with fins and claws. The sunlight glistened on its scales, making rainbows shine on them. It roared and snapped its jaws. Kids tried to wrangle it in, shooting it with arrows, throwing spears at it only for them to barely pierce its hide. Others used grapples and couldn’t keep it down. The instructor saw Chanyeol stand there, staring at the blue wonder of a beast before him. He yelled, “You! Get in there and fight!” Chanyeol jumped in place, startled. He nodded and grabbed his spear and slowly advanced towards the dragon.

 

The dragon looked at him with its watery blue eyes. He braced himself, the dragon began to charge at him, Chanyeol screamed, “NO!” He held his hand up and squeezed his eyes shut. Nothing happened, no pain, no hellfire scorching his body, nothing. He opened his eyes to see the water dragon looking at him; it lowered its head and looked at him with a blank stare. Chanyeol noticed the amulet was glowing blue. Chanyeol placed his hand on the dragon’s muzzle, and it leaned into the touch.

 

Everyone looked at this sight in awe. Chanyeol came to a devastating revelation, this event, this act he just did, he tamed a living, breathing, and dangerous, dragon. He was the living legend, the fable he was told since he was an infant. He, Park Chanyeol, the boy with golden eyes, was the Dragon Savior!