Chapter 9

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What time is it?" Jessica asked as she stretched her arms. I was staring at her sleeping for about 10 minutes now.

"15 minutes passed 7" I said. Her eyes grew bigger.

"What?! You should have waked me up" She said as she speed up trying to get up from bed. I pulled her and hugged her tightly beside me. "Taec, not cool I need to prepare Jenna to go to school."

"It's a Saturday, sweetheart" I said as I handed my phone over to her to check the date.

"What a relief" She said. Shen grabbed my phone asking the password.

"Give it back" I said trying to reach my phone but she slapped my hand away.

"What's the password mister?" She threatened.

“Try to key in your birthday” I said with no choice but to tell my password to her.

“Aww… my birthday, how sweet” She mocked as she browse through my phone. “A girlfriend needs to check what the boyfriend’s up to” She said as she navigated my phone going to my call log.

“Let me see who you have been calling for the past few days”

“Jessica, I’m just calling my business partners and the guys” I exclaimed.

“I’m not saying anything don’t be so defensive” She said.

“I know you Jessica” I said by this time she was already browsing through my files and photos.

“Tsk tsk tsk. Not even a single picture of Jessica is to be found on your phone” She said while I chuckled at her sarcasm. I then laughed at her next actions, she took a picture of herself using my phone and set it up as a wallpaper.

“Pretty right?” She said while showing the picture to me.

 “Don’t be so full of yourself” I said. She took more pictures of herself and me.

We were shocked when there was a loud bang that opened my door. It was Jenna running towards us.

“Good morning!” Jessica greeted. Jenna forced herself between us and hugged my arms.

“I told you your Mommy is here” My mom said standing by the door looking at us.

“Where you looking for me?” Jessica asked, Jenna nodded “What’s wrong honey why do you look sad?”

“Because you did not sleep in my room last night, I thought you left me!” Jenna said pouting.

“Taec, I think you need to explain to her” Jessica said.

“Well, Daddy was kind of feeling lonely that’s why he asked Mommy to sleep with her. And besides the reason why Papa Jin and Mama Kim gave you a room on your own so you can practice doing things on your own” I explained.

“So does that mean that Mommy will no longer sleep in my room?”

“Will you let Mommy sleep in Daddy’s room from now on?”

“Okay. I’m good with that just don’t let Mommy sleep without a blanket” She said.

“No problem” I said while giving a high five to Jenna.

“Wait. This is the perfect wallpaper for your phone” Jessica said as she took a picture of us three.

“I love you” I said giving Jessica a peck on the lips and hugging both of them.

 

--

“What’s that?” Jessica asked as I handed an envelope to her.

“Nana’s wedding invitation. She wants Jenna to be one of her flower girls”

“What? Nana’s getting married?” She asked in shock.

“Why so shocked? Yes she has been in a relationship for 7 years so it’s no big deal that she’s getting married” I explained.

“Nothing for a second I thought she still likes you”

“What? Jessica what Nana and I had are now memories, we ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter