Chapter 8

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slowly opened my eyes and tried to recall the last thing I did. The last thing I remembered was changing into a hospital gown getting a kiss from Jenna and hugs from my family. I can’t move my body but I am able to see my surrounding. I am in a hospital bed with tubes and cords connected to me.

Jessica’s on my side asleep with a strong grip of my hands. After a few tries I was able to move my fingers, she must have felt it, and she slowly raised her head to look at me. For a moment our yes met, her eyes grew in shock.

“Taec?” She said softly.

“Hi…” I whispered.

“Oh thank God” She cried as she hugged me. She then caressed my cheek and kissed it.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Taec, the transplant is successful. Jenna’s currently in the other room recovering” She said smiling.

“Really?”

“Yes”

“I thank God, you’re awake now. Taec after the transplant the doctors got very alarmed because your blood pressure dropped to a critical level. You have been asleep for 3 days now”

“I told you just have faith in me. We will get this through”



----------------

 

“Woah, Daddy your house is so big!” Jenna exclaimed while we entered the house. It was my mother who insisted that Jessica and Jenna should stay at our house for the time being. My mom and dad wanted to catch up with Jenna and be the grandparents to Jenna.

 “This is your house now, my dear” My mom said.

I observed Jessica without her noticing, she still looks uncomfortable with all the maids helping her with their luggage. These kinds of things are still new to her.

“Daddy, where’s my room?” Jenna asked.

“You’ll be staying in my room” I said.

“No Taec! We have specially prepared a room for Jenna and Jessica” My Dad said.

“Really Papa Jin?” Jenna asked.

“Yes, come on let’s check the room!” My mom said.

“You’re already spoiling her so much Dad.”

“She deserves to be spoiled” My dad shouted.

 

“Hey you okay?” I asked Jessica.

“Yeah”

“Hey… relax its fine all good” I said placing both of my hands on her shoulder.

“This so just overwhelming to me” She said while letting out a big sigh.

“You’re just getting the life you deserve Jessica” I said while she gave me a faint smile.

 

---------------

Jessica and Jenna have been staying with us already for 3 months. Jenna’s already enrolled to a prestigious school here in Korea. My Mom works with Jessica to help her build her reputation as an interior designer. Although we stay at the same house, I rarely get to see and eat with them. I have been busy catching up with work lately.

It was about 8pm when I heard girls talking at the garden.

“Jessica what’s the real score between you and Taecyeon?” I heard Tiffany ask.

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked.

“Well, you guys stay in one roof already and you have a kid” Yuri explained.

Jessica stayed silent for a moment. “To answer, yes we have Jenna. Yes we stay in one roof but we don’t sleep on the same bed.”

“Whaaat?” Tiffany reacted.

“And to be honest, I don’t know what my relation to Taecyeon is. But whenever we go to events t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter