Chapter 7

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taecyeon, blood transfusion would not just solve this. Your daughter needs something more.” Dr. Han said. “Blood transfusion is just a temporary solution, we may drain all your blood but we can’t guarantee here that she will survive. Please consider the other options I gave you. Call her, set your personal issues aside. ”

Dr. Han handed me a calling card. Jessica and Donghae were sitting on the bedside. Tiffany and Yuri came also. Yuri came to me to see the calling card.

“Dr. Im Jinah? Omo is this Nana?” She asked. To which I nodded in response.

“Taec, when was the last time you saw her?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know 8-10 years ago? Before they left and went to the States.” I shrugged. Nana was my first love. I was crazy about her before my world revolved around her, but then she had to leave. Their family is migrating to America. A faint smile, spread across my face. “Nana”

I was able to convince Jessica to transfer Jenna to Seoul Hospital, where Dr. Han referred us too.

“Taec, this room costs 200 usd a day. Are you sure about this?” Jessica asked.

“Money is not an issue here…” Donghae mocked, Jessica signaled him to shut up.

“I’m trying my best to make Jenna as comfortable as possible”

“Ok Taecyeon?”

“Nana?” I, Tiffany, Yuri, Chansung and Nichkhun said. Nana rushed to give me a hug.

“You’re still beautiful as ever.” I said. She blushed on my remarks and playfully slapped my arms. She then went to greet the others.

“This isn’t a reunion or something is it?” Donghae sarcastically said.

“Sorry, we got carried away. It’s been a long time since we were been complete” Chansung said. Nana went beside Jenna and checked her records.

“You must be the parents.” She said to Jessica and Donghae.

“I’m the mother of the child. Taecyeon is the father.” Jessica answered; a puzzled Nana looked at me.

“Complicated, I’ll tell you sometime.”

“Okay” Nana said. “The thing is, if you really want the kid to live we should immediately proceed to bone marrow transplant.”

“I can donate.”

“Taecyeon, just because you are the father of the child does not mean that you are qualified to donate. We need to conduct tissue typing to make sure that you and patient is a match.” Nana explained. “But we need to conduct all tests asap, we need to have the surgery as soonest if we delay these the child might no longer endure the surgery is she gets weaker. Taecyeon, you guys have to decide on this now.”

Nana explained she then excused herself to check on her other patients.

“Jessica, Nana’s right I think you need to think about the surgery” Yuri said.

“I don’t know what to do anymore Yul” She weakly answered.

“Please, just listen to the doctor” Tiffany added.

“Jessica, can I speak to you outside” I said as I left the room. I sat on the couch placed right outside the door waiting for Jessica. After a while she followed and sat beside me.

“I know I don’t have the right to make decisions for Jenna but please Jessica, we are running out of time here. We have no choice but to proceed with the surgery. Jessica just this once please, give me a chance to be a father to my child.”

“Okay…” She faintly said. “Okay, if that’s what she needs.”

I thanked her, I stood up and she tugged my arm. I turned around to look at her. She has this teary eyes looking through me.

“Can I also ask something from you?” She asked almost choking from her tears.

“What is it?”

Tears started to flow from her eyes. She stepped closer to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. Her bold move left me frozen; she la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter