Chapter 1

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am Ok Taecyeon, the CEO of Okcat Corporation, which is now one of biggest business here in Korea, expanding through Southeast Asia invading China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand and the Philippines. Now I am in the verge to expanding in the USA. I want my Okcat to at least be at par with Hello Kitty. With hard work and dedication, believe me one day I will. Besides I’m Korea’s entrepreneur of the year.

I may have the latest cellphone, the newest model of sports car, a big lump of money in my bank account, the grandest house in town but inside me is a collection of what ifs. A collection of what could have been.

What if I was brave enough to face my mistakes?

What could have happened if I have manned up enough to make up my short comings?

What if for once I stood up for my decision and show my Dad that I am an adult who can decide on his own?

What could have happened if I fought for our relationship?

What could have happened if I never left her?

What could have happened if I stayed by her side? By their side?

All these questions left unanswered because I was a coward… because I wasn’t good enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s not a new thing for me to wait for Jessica, my girlfriend of three years. Jessica and I both came from the same high school. I was a captain of the basketball team, yes I was quite popular with girls during high school and she was a very shy and quiet girl. We are definitely opposites. I am always with my team and girls crowding behind us while she prefers to be with Yuri and Tiffany. I am the typical high school jerk, who plays sports and who came from a wealthy family.

 

6 years ago.

One time as I was driving my car on my way home, I stopped to a convenience store to buy some chips.

“Pretty girls like you shouldn’t be alone walking here in the dark this late of night” I heard some kind of drunk guys behinds me. There were 2 guys blocking someone’s way.

“Please just let me pass” The girl said, it was evident that she was scared since her voice was shaking.

“Let us accompany you then” The other guy said grabbing her right arm while the other guy tried to grab her left arm. The girl tried to restrained but she was weaker compared to the two. She started screaming for help.   the girl was Jessica.

“Aww. !” The drunken man cursed as he found himself lying on the ground touching his lips, only to see blood in his hand.

“Leaving her alone” I said making other drunken man got shocked of what had happened to his companion, afraid that he might be hit too, he pulled his friend and ran away.

“Are you okay?” I asked her who looked very scared. She was shaking and her eyes were full of tears. “Jessica it’s okay. It’s me Taecyeon your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter