From A Part-time Seller to Nursery Worker

Falling In Love With CEO Eric Mun

It was Friday and Hyesung was positive that everyone left already as it was the weekend. That day he decided to see if he can find anything in Eric’s office if there was any indications that Eric was doing dirty job as they said. He slowly walked towards his office and noticed lights coming from the meeting room. Eric was too focused on his laptop that he didn’t realised Hyesung was already inside. Hyesung faked a cough and it caught his attention, Eric was surprise to see Hyesung there as models usually got back from work around 6 pm earlier.

‘Why are you still here?’ Eric asked.

Hyesung scratched his head awkwardly and told his lie, ‘I’m doing some research’

‘On?’ he raised his eyebrows.

‘About some photoshoots. The photographer asked me to try and looked for some Korean models that did CF and he thought it would help with my expression’ he explained. Luckily, he was good at lying and later he asked, ‘What are you doing here? I thought you already went home’

Eric shook his head, ‘I have some papers to do, I might stay up late today’

‘Don’t you have things to do on weekends? I mean like going out shopping or watching a movie…’

‘I prefer to stay in’ he replied shortly.

Hyesung then leaned forward to say, ‘Then, can I accompany you here? I still have a lot of study to do’

Eric shrugged his shoulder and gestured, ‘Sure…’

Hyesung sat opposite of him and took out his iPad, now it was his perfect chance to hack Eric’s computer but he must wait for the CEO to leave or something. In the meantime, he pretended to do his studies but 45 minutes later, he was already bored. He started playing games or watching some videos and songs with his earphones. From time to time, he would glance at Eric who was busy with his work. As expected from a CEO, Eric was a reliable leader, Hyesung never heard his workers complaining or talk bad about him. They respected him as much as he respected them.

‘I’m going to the vending machine. Do you want anything?’

Hyesung’s face beamed as it was his perfect chance. He smiled and shook his head, ‘It’s fine… I’ll just wait here, doing my work’ he said as he showed his iPad.

Eric nodded and left. As soon as he stepped out, Hyesung immediately took out his pendrive and plugged into Eric’s computer, letting it to do his own work. By the time Eric reached back to his office, Hyesung was done and was ready to leave.

‘I’ll make my move now. Don’t stay up too late, President’ Hyesung started to pack his things up but later Eric called him when he was about to leave.

‘Hyesung…’

‘Yes?’ he turned around.

‘Are you going to the park again this Sunday?’ he asked.

Hyesung shrugged his shoulder, ‘Maybe if the weather is nice’

‘Then, I’ll see you there if you come’ Eric said softly and Hyesung was happy as it was his first invitation from Eric.

‘See you!’ he chicly waved goodbye and left. Hyesung didn’t go home straight away as he dropped by at his organisation to see the Cyber Department.

‘Where’s Kangta?’ Hyesung asked when he arrived at the department. Everyone was stunned to see the CEO’s grandson and the said guy hurriedly walked towards him.

‘Yes, Hyesung-sshi?’

‘Take this and find anything suspicious. Even a smallest bit’ he said seriously as he handed the pendrive.

‘Yes…’ he nodded timidly.

‘I want it fast’ he coldly stared at him. It was weird that Hyesung had two personalities, one when he was in work mode and one when he wasn’t in work mode. Probably that was why he was an elite in the organisation.

‘R-Right away’ he nodded again while avoiding Hyesung’s gaze. After giving the pendrive, Hyesung went back home to get some sleep. He was planning to stay at home tomorrow and went out to see Eric on Sunday. That weekend was probably the weekend he was anticipating.

(Sunday)

Hyesug arrived at the park around the same time like the past weeks and he started to jog around while searching for Eric. After spending 45 minutes, he cooled off his body at the nearest bench and that was when he felt someone tapped his shoulder.

‘Hello’

Hyesung smiled and bowed politely, ‘Hello’ he replied and noticed Husky was beside Eric.

‘And look who we have here’ he chirped as he squatted down to pat the dog.

‘It’s funny how I saw you just last week at Andy’s house’ he talked to the dog.

‘How was your stay there?’ Eric asked. Hyesung stood up and started walking beside him. Eric had already gave the leash to Hyesung as if it was his turn to walk the dog.

‘It was fun! Your mum is a really nice person and I like her soft shell crab dish’ he suddenly craved for the dish.

‘It’s my and Andy’s favourite’

‘Do you always stay there during weekends?’ Hyesung tried to dig up some information.

‘Ever since I got back from US… It’s lonely to spend my weekends at the apartment since I live alone’

‘How long did you stay in US?’

‘7 years, when I was 17. I finished high school early. Then, right after my graduation, I was sent to that country’

‘So, you started your career there?’

‘Pretty much it. I started when I was 20 years old’

‘You are an impressive guy, Eric’ Hyesung called his name since the CEO told him to just call him by his name when they were not in office.

‘Why?’ he looked at Hyesung.

‘Because you managed the agency at 26 years old. That’s impressive! I bet other 26 years old are still looking for a job’

‘Someone like me could never be impressive. It’s just pure luck’ he mumbled with a slight angst tone in his voice.

‘Well, at least you’re doing something you like. Unlike me, I’m being forced to inherit my grandpa’s company’ Hyesung changed the topic but he didn’t realised that he was telling about his PERSONAL life.

‘Your grandpa has a company?’

Hyesung’s eyes widen and he felt like hang himself, ‘Y-Yeah, but it’s just a small company that you wouldn’t recognise’

‘Oh…’ Eric nodded in understanding as he didn’t have anything more to ask regarding about that matter. After the walk, Eric once again invited Hyesung to the usual animal café and of course, Hyesung said yes.

(Next Friday)

‘I can’t wait to get back home~’ Hyesung sighed as he stretched his body around the corridor. Suddenly, he felt someone held his arms and when the person jumped in front of him, he smiled happily. He took the notepad that the person was giving and wrote, *Are you waiting for your hyung?*

*Yup! But hyung… Are you free this weekend?*

Hyesung thought about it for awhile and shook his head.

*Do you want to go to the orphanage tomorrow?*

*Sure :) Just send me the location okay*

*Okay, hyung~ See you tomorrow!*

(Next day)

Andy texted Hyesung to tell him to come on 12 pm as they would be preparing lunch for the children there. Hyesung woke up early and immediately drove off to the said location after he grabbed a bite at the kitchen.

(Castle’s Orphanage)

Hyesung went inside the orphanage compound after he parked his Audi. He saw many kids wandering around the playground that was built there, he smiled faintly when he saw the happy look on their face. He was like that when his parents were still alive. Shaking his head to push the thoughts away, Hyesung made his way to the door.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Hello, I’m Hyesung and I’m looking for Lee Andy’ Hyesung introduced himself when a young girl slide the entrance door to greet him.

‘Ah… Andy-sshi is inside, please come in’ she smiled and let him in. Hyesung observed the interior design inside the orphanage and saw many pictures hanging on the wall ; mostly the kids’ paintings. He heard yelling coming from a room and when he peeked inside, he saw Andy and Andy who were playing with the kids.

‘Hello…’ Hyesung greeted them softly from outside. Andy grinned widely when Hyesung arrived and ran towards him while waving hi. Junjin just followed him from behind.

*You came, hyung!*

*Of course! :)*

‘I thought you’re in Japan’ Hyesung remarked when he saw Junjin.

‘Oh, I came back a few days ago… And now, I’m not going anywhere because I want to stay with Andy. I miss him so much~’ Junjin chirped happily as he wrapped his arm around Andy’s neck.

Hyesung just smiled and suddenly thought of someone, ‘Hmm… Where’s Eric?’

Junjin and Andy pointed towards a direction, ‘There’

Hyesung saw Eric sitting on a small chair reading a children storybook by himself. Oddly enough, the kids were surrounding as they tried to get his attention.

‘Hyung always do his own things but strangely the kids grow fond of him’ Junjin said when he saw Hyesung was in dazed.

‘That’s impressive…’

*Hyung, we are going to play with the kids next room. You and hyung are in this room. Have fun okay~ They’re nice kids! ^^* Andy showed him the message. Before Hyesung could say he wasn’t good with kids, they already left him all alone. Hyesung took a deep breath and slowly walked inside causing everyone to halt their steps and stared at Hyesung.

‘Hello…’ he said awkwardly while waving his hands. Eric who didn’t notice him earlier was surprised to see him there but he didn’t say anything. Instead he just gestured the model to sit next to him.

‘What are you doing here?’ Eric asked when Hyesung sat.

‘Andy invited me. I didn’t know that you guys always come to this orphanage’ he said in awe.

‘It’s because today is the orphanage’s anniversary and also the place where Andy used to stay’

Hyesung froze in his spot. He didn’t know that!

‘Mum adopted him when he was 10. That’s how I met him because she always brought him to my house, maybe because she knew I was lonely’ Eric continued when he looked at Hyesung’s frozen look. He then realised that the model just found out about it.

‘No wonder… So, what’s your plan?’ Hyesung changed the topic.

‘What plan?’ Eric looked at him.

‘Well, I’m not good with kids and we can’t just ignore them since Andy and Junjin left to play with other children’

‘I’m not good with kids too’ he said.

‘Let’s start by reading them a book’ Hyesung suggested and took the book from Eric.

‘Is this your favourite book?’ Hyesung asked.

‘One of them’ he nodded.

Hyesung nodded and turned to the kids, ‘Kids, do you want to hear a story?’ Hyesung said with a friendly tone.

‘YESSSSS~’ they said out loud.

‘Good! This uncle now will read the book for you’ he chirped and gave the book to Eric.

‘Read them this book’ he said causing Eric to blink his eyes in confusion.

‘But I don’t want to listen to the story…’ a girl pouted sadly. Then, some other kids nodded in agreement and protested.

‘Okay, who wants to listen?’ Hyesung asked and majority of them raised up their hands.

‘Who doesn’t?’ he asked again and some of the kids raised up.

‘Who doesn’t want to listen come with me’ he said and brought them to another table leaving Eric to start his storytelling session.

‘So, do you guys want to make origamis?’ Hyesung asked when he saw some coloured papers on the table. He got an enthusiastic nod from all of them.

‘Lucky for you, I’m pretty good at it’ he mumbled and made one swan causing them to exclaim in awed.

‘Make another one!’ they demanded.

‘How about you guys try making it? I teach’ he suggested.

‘OKAY~’ they immediately took a piece of paper. Hyesung was impressed at how fast they can learn from just one time. As he was teaching them, he took a glance at Eric who was awkwardly reading the storybook for the kids.

‘Wait here for me okay’ Hyesung smiled as he excused himself. He walked around Eric’s table and heard how Eric read the story causing him to chuckle lightly.

‘Shouldn’t you at least be more expressive?’ he commented.

‘Like how?’ Eric frowned.

Hyesung took the book and sat beside Eric, ‘Where did you stop?’ he asked and Eric pointed towards the page number.

‘Watch and learn, Mr’ he said and started storytelling.

‘So, when the prince finally saw the princess again, he said, “I must be dreaming again as I finally met the love of my life again!”. He took the princess’s hands and danced with her’ Hyesung told the story and when he said the prince’s lines, he used a different voice. The kids were thrilled with Hyesung’s storytelling that they clapped their hands happily.

‘Do you understand now?’ Hyesung smiled as he returned the book back to him.

‘I-I can’t do like that’ he mumbled softly as he didn’t want the kids to hear.

‘But why?’ Hyesung whined.

‘Because… I-I’m shy’ he blushed a little causing Hyesung to chuckled lightly.

‘Yah, you don’t have to be shy in front of the children. They like it if you talk to them like that’ he said encouragingly.

‘Okay’ he nodded obediently.

‘Good then… Then, I’m going now’ Hyesung smiled and left to let Eric resumed.

At times, Hyesung would see Eric’s effort from far and the kids were paying attention to him completely. As for Hyesung, after making origamis, he proceeded with colouring as it was everyone’s favourite. They continued playing until lunch hour which the staffs have prepared from them and while Eric, Hyesung, Junjin and Andy were scooping the food for them, someone tugged Eric’s pants gently.

‘Is anything wrong?’ Eric squatted down and asked with concern.

‘Mister, can you eat with us?’ a boy pointed towards a table.

‘Oh…’ Eric looked up and made an eye-contact with Hyesung as if he wanted to be rescued.

‘I’m sure that this mister would love to have lunch with you’ Hyesung smiled slyly while looking at Eric.

‘Really?’ the boy’s face brightened up and turned his gaze to Eric.

‘Yeah, of course’ he nodded and gave a glare at Hyesung before leaving towards the table.

‘Kids really like him huh’ Hyesung commented.

‘Unexpectedly yeah. It’s not like Eric hyung hate the children but he is a socially awkward person’ Junjin explained and resumed with his work. Hyesung just nodded his head and continued scooping. He watched as Eric was getting a lot of attention from the kids, they wanted Eric to feed them and gave him all their bowls. Starting from a child to another.

They all stayed at the orphanage until 6 pm. It was really fun considering it was Hyesung’s first time and from his experience there, it changed his perspective about children, Never once in his life, he was surrounded with kids since his real job was the cruellest you can ever imagine.

*Andy, it’s really fun today! Thank you for inviting ^^*

Andy grinned widely, *No problem, hyung~ I’m glad you had fun… This is where I used to stay by the way :D*

*I know… :)*

‘Thanks for today and I’ll see you guys next week. Bye bye’ Hyesung waved his hands as he walked towards his car.

‘For a trainee, he is sure rich’ Junjin commented after Hyesung left with his Audi.

‘Hmm’ Eric replied shortly and walked towards his own car.

(Emerald Organisation’s Building)

Hyesung received a call back from the Cyber Department regarding about the information he got from Eric’s computer.

‘Kangta!’ Hyesung called when he arrived at the department.

‘Right here, Hyesung-sshi’ he raised up his hands from his desk.

‘Do you have anything?’ he asked when he was at the desk.

‘Nothing suspicious… Only work. But, there’s this file hidden among the files’ he showed a file that was on the laptop.

‘What is it?’

‘It’s somekind of a lady died giving birth 28 years ago and her son who committed suicide. And they were actually a famous politician’s family but that time he wasn’t successful yet. And the new born baby boy was alive and raised but no information regarding about him. Seems like everything was vanished’

Hyesung’s heart started beating, ‘What’s the baby’s name?’ he asked.

‘Im Junghyuk’

‘Oh alright, thanks… One thing, keep this as a secret and delete all the data. If someone finds out about this, I know who to look for’ he looked at Kangta seriously causing the hacker to nod his head obediently. After his meeting with Kangta, he straight went back home with the thoughts of the data in his mind.

‘Why would he investigate his own family? And why keep it as a secret..?’ Hyesung mumbled alone.