When He Accidentally Hit His Car

Falling In Love With CEO Eric Mun

It was Tuesday morning, a weekday. 

People started leaving the house to go to school and work making the roads packed with vehicles from every directions. Some even arrived at their workplace early as they knew what kind of traffic Seoul had. Among the skyscraper buildings, there was an underground building that was built isolated from the city. Not far from the building, a silver Audi TT Coupe approached and when a beep was heard, a huge gate was lifted automatically. The car was parked in the middle of an empty space and a few minutes later, the car went down. Just like a lift. After parking the car, two people inside the car got out and started walking hand-in-hand with bright smiles on their faces.

'I'm so tired~' one of the guys sighed and leaned his head on the other's shoulder comfortably. He just got back from Japan as he got some business to settle and could finally meet his beloved.

'I told you we shouldn't do 'it' last night' the other one hit his head lightly causing the guy to yelp in pain.

'But I missed you so much!' he whined as he clung onto the other guy more tightly.

'Yeah, I missed you too' he chuckled lightly.

When they arrived at the taller guy's office, they saw someone who was laying down on the sofa while playing his phone. They both looked at each other and rolled their eyes as it was a routine that the guy was always in the office.

'Oh, you're here' the guy said when they noticed the couple entering the office.

'What are you doing in MY office? Don't you have work to do?' the suit in dark blue suit frowned.

'Going at 10. The traffic is crazy now' he casually replied and turned his attention to his phone.

'Yah, go play at another room! Don't disturb Dongwan!' another guy dressed in black jacket with white shirt said annoyingly.

The guy sneered and stood up, 'What about you, Minwoo? I saw you limping just now... Don't tell me you guys want to 'play' again in this office' he scoffed.

'Yah, Shin Hyesung!' Minwoo growled at his best friend. Sometimes, he wondered what bad things he had done to deserve a sarcastic friend.

'It's fine, it's fine... I won't judge' Hyesung flung his hands as he made his way out. He patted his cousin's back and said, 'Just don't let grandpa catch you, Dongwan' he winked.

Dongwan and Minwoo sighed, later Dongwan looked at his boyfriend, 'What did we do to deserve this?'

Minwoo nodded his head in agreement with a sigh, 'Believe it or not... I wonder the same thing every single day'. The said guy, Hyesung, was smiling happily when he got the chance to tease his cousin and best friend. Nearly 10 o'clock, he knew he needed to resume his work. He went to the basement to find his Audi R8 before leaving the building. His goal for that day was to finish the work and got back home early because he was too lazy to do anything. 

It was a habit of Hyesung to drive fast especially when the road wasn't packed. But what he didn't expect was a car coming from the side and it hit Hyesung's car. Hyesung was shocked when it happened as he was really careful while driving especially when he drove fast. He immediately pullover by the side with the other car following him behind. Hyesung couldn't care less about his car because he knew he was going to get his car fixed for free. 

'Oh !' Hyesung cursed when he saw how badly the other’s car was damaged. And to make things worse, it was a BMW i8! When Hyesung looked at the owner of the car, he didn't say anything and his expression was neutral. He wasn't angry, furious, sad, freak out or anything! Just neutral…

'I am so sorry! I seriously didn't see you! Let's go to a workshop and get it fixed!' Hyesung said hurriedly when he didn't know what to conclude from his expression.

'Okay' he replied calmly.

'Do you know any workshop nearby?' Hyesung looked at him. The guy just shook his head. Hyesung also didn't know because he always went to the company's car workshop to have his cars repaired. 

Seeing Hyesung's agitated look, the guy knew Hyesung wasn't going to lie to him. He didn't look like a con artist, judging from the car he drove and the expensive black suit he was wearing. So, he decided to trust Hyesung on this matter.

'I'm a regular customer at a workshop but it's quite far from here. If you're not in a rush, then I'll guide you there' 

Hyesung quickly shook his hands, 'It's fine! As long as we can get this problem fix!' he said determinedly.

He nodded and when he was about to get in his car, he had a last question for Hyesung.

'You're not going to run away right?' he looked at him seriously.

Hyesung was taken aback by the question. Usually he would be upset and replied in an angry tone, but he couldn't especially when he knew it was his fault. 

'Of course not. Don't worry, I promise!' Hyesung answered seriously.

The man looked at him one last time and got in his car. The journey to the workshop took around 30 minutes and the shop was in an alley. Even though the alley looked old and dirty, but the shop was like a hidden gem. So luxurious and professional. They parked their car inside and got out. One of the workers noticed the newly arrived cars and when he took a good look at one of the people, he greeted them with a friendly manner.

'Mr Eric! What can I help you with?' he smiled at the two gentlemen.

'James, we got into a minor accident. So, can you please take a look at it?' Eric said formally. James just nodded his head and went to the car. He whistled loudly when he saw how damaged the cars were.

'Woah, this is going to cost a lot!' he exclaimed. 

'James, everyone here knows!' another mechanic exclaimed, making everyone laughed.

'Aigoo... I was just stating' he pouted and resumed his work.

'Hmm, excuse me...' Hyesung called and continued, 'You only need to check his car, don't worry about mine' Hyesung smiled at him.

'Are you sure?' James looked hesitant.

'Absolutely' he nodded firmly.

After James left, Hyesung introduced himself when clearly the other guy didn't make an effort to start a conversation, 'I'm Hyesung'

'Eric' he replied shortly.

'Are you from the US? Your name sounds western…' Hyesung said. He didn't know why he continued the conversation when he didn't usually do that with strangers.

'Junghyuk is my real name'

'Ohh...’ he nodded in understanding and continued, ‘I'm sorry for making you late for work' Hyesung mumbled. 

'It's fine. My workers can wait' 

Hyesung concluded that he was a CEO of a company and it impressed Hyesung seeing that Eric was in his young age. Then Hyesung took the chance to apologise, 'I'm really sorry for crashing your car. I really didn't see you that time'

Eric looked at him for awhile before replying, 'Make sure to be careful next time and don't exceed the speed limit especially when you drive on a narrow road. Slow down your car when you're near a junction because sometimes cars just drive out without looking from the side' he gave a short lecture to Hyesung.

Hyesung blushed in embarrassment and nodded in understanding, 'Yes, I will remember that from now' he said like an obedient student who just got scolded by his teacher.

'Mr Eric...' James called.

'Wait here' Eric said before walking towards the mechanic.

Hyesung observed Eric from far and what Hyesung thought about him was Eric was a guy that even an observant guy like him couldn't describe exactly what kind of person he was.

He was subtle. 

'The total cost for my car is 150K' Eric stated nonchalantly when he walked towards Hyesung.

Hyesung nodded and took out his phone, 'Can I have your account number? I'll transfer the money now' he said.

Eric typed in his account number in Hyesung's phone and gave the phone back to him. Then, Hyesung made a call to someone.

'Dongwan, help me with something'

'Can you transfer 150K to an account number? I'll text you the details'

'No! No! I... I hit someone's car' Hyesung sheepishly admitted.

Hyesung looked at Eric and hesitantly replied, 'A-A BMW i8'

'Ok, thanks Dongwan' Hyesung thanked his beloved cousin. He made a mental note to treat the guy for dinner.

After ending the call, Hyesung smiled at Eric, 'My cousin will be transferring to your account. You should be receiving an email or text about it' Hyesung said in satisfaction.

'Alright, thank you' he replied. Eric assumed that Hyesung was from a very wealthy family since he could pay him straight away. It made him somewhat curious but he knew he didn’t have the right to ask.

'No, you don't have to say thank you. It is me who should be thanking you. And I'm so sorry' Hyesung apologised again.

He was contemplating whether to offer Eric to go the office. Well, he figured no harm for asking since he didn't have to rush to do his work. 'Hmm... Can I send you to work? As a token of my apology' he asked.

'No. I don't want to risk my life under your driving skills' Eric replied bluntly. 

Hyesung was taken aback and nodded absentmindedly.

'But thank you for the offer' Eric said when he saw a pout on Hyesung's face and with those words, Hyesung faintly smiled.

'Then, how are you going to work?' 

'I'm going to call someone' Eric said as he took out his phone. After typing, he made a miss call a few times, then he put his phone back inside his pocket.

Beep... Beep...

'Yeah, someone is going to pick me up' Eric announced after he read the text that he just received.

'Oh okay' Hyesung nodded. 

Awkward silence...

Hyesung knew he should be leaving but he didn't want to leave yet. At least, he didn't want to be the one who left first. 

'So, I'll get going now' Hyesung mumbled and bid farewell.

'Okay, goodbye' Eric bowed politely.

Hyesung slowly made his way to his car and when he was about to get inside his car, Eric called him.

'Hyesung...' he called out softly.

'Be careful' he reminded him once again.

Hyesung nodded and smiled, 'Okay, I will'

He his car and drove off but he didn't go straight to his work, instead he went to another alley and parked there. Hyesung himself didn’t understand why would he want to stay and waited for Eric to leave.

‘It’s not like I’m going to see him again’ Hyesung assured himself.

He waited for 15 minutes until he saw a Mercedes Benz arrived. Eric slowly walked out and smiled at the owner of the car. Hyesung’s heart thump when he finally saw a different expression from Eric. He thought that the owner was a girl but he was wrong, it was a cute guy who dressed differently than Eric. Chic and casual. The cute guy got out and went to the passenger’s seat while Eric was in the driver’s seat.

‘They’re a couple maybe’ Hyesung mumbled softly and he started to dislike the idea, ‘No, maybe they are brothers’ he assured himself again.

Hyesung only left when the Mercedes left. One thing about Hyesung was he didn’t like to procrastinate his work especially when his ‘one week’ rule was up. He ignored his car’s condition and went to resume his work. He finished his work around 3pm and finally headed back to the company. The company’s car workshop was located one floor below the basement and when Hyesung showed his car to his usual mechanic, he was shocked.

‘Yah, Hyesung! What happened? This is unusual’ he exclaimed.

Hyesung shrugged his shoulder and touched the damaged part of the car, ‘I know… The more unusual thing was I hit other car. Not during my work’ he explained.

‘Woah, you’re okay dude?’ the mechanic asked about his condition.

‘Of course I am!’ Hyesung frowned. Then, his job was done for the rest of the day but he still had to explain about what happened to his car to the CEO.

‘I’m sorry about what happened but I promise I’ll be careful next time’ Hyesung said apologetically when he faced the CEO.

The old man nodded in understanding and patted Hyesung’s back, ‘As long as you’re okay, that is more than fine’

Seeing the old man smile, Hyesung became himself, ‘Then, I’m going home now… Can you come back before dinner, grandpa? I miss having dinner together’

‘Of course! Plus, I miss my favourite grandson’ Sir Shin said happily as he knew his grandson just got back from China a few days ago.

‘Eh I thought Dongwan is your favourite’ he blinked his eyes in confusion.

Sir Shin chuckled lightly, ‘Shhh, don’t tell him that’ he joked.

Hyesung grinned and nodded, ‘I won’t tell a single soul. I’ll get going now, grandpa. Bye~’ he waved goodbye before leaving.

‘Bye, Hyesung-ah’ his grandpa smiled fondly.