From Model to A Part-time Seller

Falling In Love With CEO Eric Mun

Hyesung just finished his training for that day so he can leave early. After he took his stuffs from the locker, he made his way passing by the meeting room. It was Wednesday, hence Hyesung didn’t expect to see Andy inside. He walked inside and quietly sat next to him while patting his back gently, Andy turned around and smiled widely when he saw Hyesung.

*Hello :) What are you doing here? It’s Wednesday* Hyesung wrote when Andy gave his usual notepad.

*Hello :( I don’t have any classes anymore this week*

*What’s wrong? Are you having some problems?*

Andy sighed and wrote back, *A small problem… The society I joined is raising money and each of us have to find a way to collect money. But I don’t have any ideas!* he scratched his head in frustrations.

*You can ask Eric for money..?*

Andy looked at him in horror and instantly wrote, *NO! Hyung is working hard and I don’t want to take the money he was working hard on*

Hyesung nodded embarrassingly, *I’m sorry…*

Andy smiled and shook his head, *It’s okay. Well, I have an idea but I need help. At the same time, I don’t want to trouble hyung* he sighed again.

*What is it?*

*I want to set up a foodtruck. I can sell some kind of breakfast for people who are rushing to work*

Hyesung clapped his hands in agreement, *Yah, that’s genius!*

*Really? Thank you~ But like I said, I need help. Junjin hyung is not in Korea :(*

*What about me? Am I not important? :(*

Andy looked at Hyesung with bright eyes, *Are you willing to help me? Don’t you have a lot of work to do?*

*Not a lot compared to Eric and Junjin :)*

*Really?!* Andy was getting excited.

*Really! But we have to do on the day where I have a day-off. Is Friday sounds good?*

*Okay! I’m free*

*Do you want me to make some calls for you regarding about the foodtruck for rent?*

*It’s okay. I have trouble you enough :)*

*No, you’re not! How about this? You try to think what food to sell and the cost of ingredients and I make the calls*

Andy looked at him and nodded, *Okay, hyung ^^*

*We can buy the ingredients tomorrow after my training*

*Araso~ I’ll be here waiting*

*Okay. Listen, I have to go now but can you give your number to me*

*Here, 01xxxxxx*

Hyesung took out his phone and saved his number, *Got it. See you, Andy-ah :)* Hyesung wrote one last time before standing up to say goodbye.

*Bye bye, hyung! :D*

(Next day)

‘You only have one last meeting, President’ Jiwoo told him after he got back from another meeting at the hotel.

‘Okay’ he nodded and walked to his office. Suddenly, he felt his body was hugged from behind. When he turned behind, he was surprised to see his brother grinning widely at him.

*What are you doing here? You didn’t text me that you’re coming* Eric did his usual sign language.

 *That’s because I’m not waiting for hyung. I’m waiting for Hyesung hyung!*

Eric raised his eyebrows, *Why?*

*It’s a surprise~*

Then, Andy saw Hyesung who was walking behind Eric. He passed Eric and gave another hug to Hyesung. Hyesung who was stunned by the sudden action just smiled and waved hello to him.

*Are you ready?* Hyesung asked when he was passed a notepad.

*Yup!*

Suddenly, Eric appeared from nowhere and asked, ‘Where are you guys going?’

Before Hyesung answered, he looked at Andy and the younger guy gave a shhh.

‘Sorry, the main boss told me to shut up’ he playfully wink.

‘Since when are you guys close?’ he raised his eyebrows.

‘From the beginning. It’s just that you’re too busy to notice’ he shrugged his shoulder.

‘Point taken’ he snapped his fingers.

'Anyway, we're going now... I'll text you when I send Andy home safely' Hyesung said as he excused himself. 

Andy gave another hug to Eric before he left with Hyesung, *Bye, hyung!*

'Hyesung!' he called out. When Hyesung turned around, he continued, 'Drive safely...'

Hyesung nodded his head, 'Will do, Mr President' he saluted.

(At grocery store)

*Have you thought about the menu?*

Andy nodded excitedly, *Mushroom cocktails wrapped with eggs and small sweet pancakes*

*Nice~ Sweet and savoury*

*Let's buy the stuffs now ^^*

They spent only 45 minutes as they knew what they needed to buy. Hyesung wanted to pay but Andy insisted as he said that his society would cover the cost. On the way home, Andy showed him the way to his house although Hyesung already knew the ways. As expected, it was the same house when Hyesung stalked Eric on the first weekend. Andy excitedly gestured him inside by dragging him in with the grocery in his hands.

Knock... Knock... Knock...

The door slowly squeaked open and there was an old lady coming out with a big smile on her face with a dog coming from behind. When it saw Hyesung, it barked happily and started wagging his tail.

‘Husky!’ Hyesung exclaimed and hugged the cute dog.

‘Do you know Husky?’ the old lady looked surprised.

‘Yeah, I met him twice’ he smiled.

'Please, come inside boys...' she gestured.

'Sorry I didn't bring anything for you, ma'am' Hyesung smiled sheepishly after he put Husky on the ground.

'Pfft, it's fine son! I don't mind... Being Andy's friend is enough. What course are you taking?'

Hyesung scratched his head awkwardly, 'I work at Eric's agency'

The lady looked surprised, 'Oh, are you a model?!'

'A trainee' he said humbly.

'No wonder... You are too handsome' she praised.

Hyesung blushed because of shyness, 'Aigoo... Your praise is too much for me' 

'You know... You are the second person who came here'

'Junjin?' Hyesung guessed.

The lady smiled and nodded her head. Then, Andy came to take the big egg cartons from Hyesung’s car to put it in the kitchen.

'What did you guys buy?' she asked when she went to the said place.

'Some stuffs… We are raising money for Andy's society. This is for tomorrow' Hyesung explained.

*Mum, can we use the kitchen?* Andy asked after he places the stuffs on the kitchen table.

*Of course!* she smiled widely.

Then, he dragged Hyesung inside the kitchen to show them how to make the foods with Husky following them behind.

*Let me show you how it's done*

Andy looked so excited when he showed Hyesung how to cook. Hyesung knew it was Andy's first time because of his clumsiness, but he couldn't blame the younger guy because it was his first time too. They made the food by using the ingredients that they already have.

*Is this look presentable?* Andy asked after they were done. It looked good for a street food and right now, they knew their stomachs were grumbling of hunger.

*They wouldn't care* he said as assurance.

*Let's ask mum to be the judge*

Andy carried the plate and put the plate on the table. Later he called his mum to ask her to taste the new food they cooked. Husky barked loudly as it wanted to taste it but Andy just smiled and shook his head as a no causing the dog to whimper sadly.

*How was it?* Andy asked expectantly when they were watching her eat.

*This is daebak! You would sell a lot!*

Andy grinned widely and looked at Hyesung as he hi-five with him. Hyesung just blinked his eyes in confusion as he didn't understand.

'I said it was daebak' the lady explained when she knew his expression.

'Oh he he' he chuckled sheepishly. 

Hyesung took the notepad and wrote, *I know how to do it now. So, I'll take the ingredients and make it at home okay*

Andy quickly shook his hands when he read it, *No! I'll make it, you have help a lot hyung!*

Hyesung's turn to shake his hands, 'No, let me!*

Andy thought about it for awhile before snapping his fingers, *How about you sleepover at my house?*

Hyesung's eyes widen and looked at him in disbelief, *Is it okay with you?*

*Of course, hyung! Plus, I like it if you stay here* Andy smiled widely.

*Sorry for the trouble* Hyesung bowed apologetically.

'I hope that I won't cause you any problem, ma'am' Hyesung turned towards the old lady.

She already read the conversation and she also was happy that Hyesung was staying over.

'No, you won't son. And please call me mum. Even Junjin calls me mum' she smiled fondly.

'O-Okay, mum' he said shyly as he never had a mother figure in his life.

'Now, you boys go and take a bath. I’ll prepare dinner soon’ she smiled and left to cook dinner.

(During dinner)

‘Thank you for the food~’ Hyesung said his prayer before digging in the many food on the table. The dinner was quiet yet comfortable and Hyesung felt really warmed as he never had a nice dinner with a mother before. Husky sat near the table and enjoyed his own food.

‘M-Mum, this is really good’ Hyesung commented shyly.

‘Really? Thank you… You can ask your mother to cook this for you, I can give you the recipe’ she gestured as she said it was a special dish that both Andy and Eric liked.

‘My parents died. The chefs who always cook for us’ he mumbled softly.

‘I’m sorry…’ she smiled weakly.

‘It’s okay. They died when I was 10’

‘You are always welcome here, dear’ she smiled fondly.

‘Thank you, mum’ he nodded sheepishly.

After dinner, Hyesung volunteered to wash the dishes but Mrs Lee insisted on helping him. Therefore, Andy and Husky left the two of them in the kitchen and he went to the living room to do his assignments.

‘Are you close to Eric?’

Hyesung smiled faintly and shook his head, ‘Not really. He’s a quiet type’

Mrs Lee chuckled and nodded in agreement, ‘He is always like that since he was little. Such a poor child’ she later sighed.

‘There’s a subtle aura surrounding him that I can’t understand’ he opened up to her.

‘He is a lonely child but at the same time, he wants to surround himself with people. But he just doesn’t know how’

‘Was his parents busy when he was little?’

‘Yes, he didn’t receive any attention and his father… Sigh, he even abandoned Eric by sending him overseas. Luckily, I was there to be there for the boy’ Mrs Lee was tearing up when she reminisce about the past.

‘At least he is still with you’ Hyesung hugged her as giving comfort.

‘Y-You’re right’ she nodded.

Hyesung smiled and said, ‘Now, you have to relax and join Andy at the living room. I’ll finish up everything here’

‘Alright. Thank you, Hyesung’

‘No problem, mum’ Hyesung was already liking the calling.

After washing the dishes, Hyesung went to the living room and they all have a nice chat when suddenly, Hyesung received a text.

*You told me that you’re going to text me when you send Andy home*

Hyesung didn’t expect to receive Eric’s text but when he did, he was glad.

*Because I forgot to text you and I’m sleeping over at Andy’s house*

*Sleeping over?*

*Yeah because we have something to do early morning tomorrow*

*Oh okay. Goodnight then*

*Goodnight*

Hyesung felt a little bit dejected when Eric texted him formally but it was fine because he had Andy and Mrs Lee to talk to. At 10 pm, they went to bed and Mrs Lee told Hyesung to sleep in Eric’s room.

‘Are you sure? I don’t want him to be pissed’ Hyesung timidly asked.

‘I’m sure he won’t mind’ Mrs Lee shrugged him off.

‘Woof!’ Husky suddenly barked and ran around Hyesung.

‘Do you want to sleep with Hyesung tonight?’ Mrs Lee asked and the dog barked again.

‘Is it okay with you, Hyesung?’

‘I don’t mind, plus I’ve always wanted to have a dog as a pet’ he smiled.

‘Then, I’ll leave Husky under your care. Goodnight, Hyesung’

‘Goodnight, mum’ Hyesung nodded and bid goodbye to Andy and Mrs Lee before going inside Eric’s room.

Eric’s room was neat and tidy compared to his room at his apartment. There was books arranged on the shelf and all of them was children storybooks and some literature. On the desk was picture frames, mostly pictures of Mrs Lee and Andy, only two pictures that Eric were in. Hyesung smiled at the condition of the room, this is what a room should be. Cosy and comfortable. Hyesung figured that all Eric’s real emotions were poured inside this house. After looking at everything there was in the room, Hyesung went to bed as he needed to wake early tomorrow.

‘Let’s sleep, Husky’ Hyesung looked at the dog.

‘Woof!’ the dog wagged his tail and climbed on the bed to sleep with him.

(Next day)

As promised, Hyesung woke up early and took a bath before knocking on Andy’s room to wake him up.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

Andy didn’t open the door so Hyesung thought he was still asleep and he was right when he opened the door. He slowly sat on Andy’s bed and shook his body gently.

‘Andy-ah, wake up’ Hyesung called and Andy just wiggled his body. Then, Hyesung slapped himself mentally when he realised that obviously Andy couldn’t heard him. He shook his body harder and that was when Andy started to rub his eyes. Seeing Andy’s usual notepad on the table beside the bed, he took it and wrote a message for him.

*Wake up now and we’ll start preparing the ingredients*

Andy just nodded his head cutely. Hyesung smiled and ruffled his head before leaving. Not wasting any time, Hyesung started frying the mushroom cocktails and made batter for the pancakes. Minutes later, Andy came down with his sleepy face.

*Just watch this and I’ll make the batter*

Andy nodded and did what he was told to. After everything was done, they packed the food and put it in Hyesung’s car. They left the house after Hyesung cooked breakfast for Mrs Lee when she woke up later together with a postnote.

*Thank you for the hospitality, mum ^^ I’ll be sure to come again~*

Hyesung already called the guy to park the foodtruck near Eric’s agency as it was their setup place. And when they reached there, the guy together with the foodtruck was there waiting for Hyesung and Andy. Hyesung parked his car at Eric’s agency and carried the stuffs with Andy’s help.

‘Are you Mr Shin Hyesung?’ the guy asked when Hyesung and Andy arrived.

‘Yes, I’m sorry for your trouble and thank you very much’ Hyesung bowed politely to him.

‘It’s fine… Let me help you with those’ he said and took some of the container from Hyesung.

After making sure everything was perfect, he bid goodbye leaving Hyesung and Andy to prepare the rest. Hyesung smiled at Andy and gave some encouragement, *Let’s do this!*

Andy grinned widely and nodded his head excitedly, *Alright hyung!*

(On the other hand)

As usual, Eric would arrive at his office 9 am sharp and as he was walking towards his office, he noticed something different about his workers. He looked around to pinpoint and finally he realised that they were eating the same exact breakfast. Not to mention, he also overheard them talking about a foodtruck.

‘I couldn’t believe that there’s a foodtruck today…’

‘Yeah! I skipped breakfast just now because I want to avoid the crazy traffic’ one of them exclaimed gladly.

‘The food is simple but so delicious!’ she praised.

‘I should’ve bought more’ one of the guys sighed sadly.

Eric didn’t notice the foodtruck they were talking about, maybe because he was too focused on the road or maybe the foodtruck was quite far from the agency. He continued walking to his office and saw Jiwoo with her usual planner book.

‘Good morning, Jiwoo. Do I have anything today?’

Jiwoo smiled and bowed politely to the CEO, ‘Good morning, President. You only have a meeting at 3 pm’

‘Okay, thanks’ he nodded but when he was about to enter his office, Jiwoo said, ‘President, do you know that Andy was selling breakfast downstairs with Hyesung?’

Eric halted his steps and looked at her, ‘Excuse me?’

‘Yeah, I went down to see what was happening and I saw them selling in a foodtruck. Their food is quite good!’ she praised.

‘I didn’t know that…’ he mumbled and decided to check them up. Then, it hit him. This must be the surprise they were saying a few days ago. Eric went down and saw a lot of people queuing in front of the foodtruck. Since Eric already ate breakfast at his apartment, he didn’t feel hungry so he just watched them from behind. Both Hyesung and Andy were rushing here and there in that small foodtruck but there was happiness in their face. He was contemplating whether or not to help them because they looked like they couldn’t manage any longer.

It was so busy that Andy and Hyesung couldn’t believe it was happening. Then, Hyesung heard someone calling them.

‘Need help?’

When Hyesung turned around, he was stunned to see Eric leaning against the foodtruck door.

‘Help me taking their orders’ he said hurriedly before resuming his work. Andy didn’t notice Eric but when he felt someone new was in the foodtruck, he smiled widely when he saw the face. They kept on working and after an hour later, all food had finished. Completely. Hyesung and Andy sighed tiredly with a smile on their face as they hi-5 each other.

‘Is this your surprise?’ Eric asked.

Hyesung nodded, ‘Yeah, it’s for Andy’s society. He needed help but he didn’t want to ask you because he knew you were too busy with work. Plus, Junjin is not around so I volunteered to help’ he explained.

‘Don’t you have work to do?’ Eric asked when he saw Hyesung in a casual clothes that he lent from Andy.

‘Off day’ he smiled.

Then, Andy tugged Eric’s shirt, *Thank you for your help, hyung!* he smiled.

Eric smiled faintly and replied, *It was nothing. I see that you had fun*

Andy nodded happily and looked at Hyesung before looking back at Eric, *It was! We tried sampling yesterday and we asked mum to taste it. She said it was delicious!*

*You should starting to open a business now*

Andy chuckled, *Maybe*

After the work, it was time for them to clean up. Eric wanted to help but Andy didn’t let him as he got work at his own office. Before he left, Hyesung called him.

‘President!’

Eric turned around and saw Hyesung giving him a container.

‘I made extra for you just now. As your reward for helping us’ he said.

Eric smiled softly and took it, ‘Thank you. I’ll eat them during lunch’ he said and with that, he walked back inside the agency.

Hyesung smiled happily and started helping Andy. Then, he made a call to the guy who sent the foodtruck and waited for him to take it back with him. After that, Hyesung sent Andy home as they were too tired because of the short business he did and they were proud that they made more money than expected.

*Thank you for your help, hyung! I’ll be sure to repay you soon~* Andy said when they arrived at Andy’s house.

*Just repay me by buying me an ice-cream* Hyesung smiled. Andy nodded and waved goodbye as he watched Hyesung drove off from the area.

Hyesung decided to sleep at the company because he knew no one was at home and he could use the time to tease his cousin and best friend. But when he was approaching the building, his heart felt heavy. Ever since he met Eric and found out more about his life, he almost forgot the main intention but whatever that was distracting him didn’t stop him from planning to kill the CEO somehow. But at the same time, he was finding an excuse to lengthen the killing time. Thinking about it made Hyesung frustrated so he tried his best not to think about it.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Come in’

Hyesung slowly opened the door and saw Dongwan who was typing in his laptop.

‘Oh, Hyesung. I haven’t seen you quite awhile’

Hyesung nodded and slumped his body on the sofa, ‘Yeah, me too. Where’s Minwoo?’

‘Working’

Speaking of work, Hyesung thought that he should ask Dongwan about the issue he was facing, ‘Dongwan…’ he called.

‘Hmm?’ he looked at his cousin.

‘Nothing’ he immediately shook his head.

Dongwan knew what was happening so he asked subtly, ‘How is your progression with your work?’

‘The same. Can I ask you something, Dongwan?’ he looked at his cousin.

‘What?’

‘Under whose order is this mission?’

‘It’s confidential, Hyesung. I’m sorry…’

‘But I didn’t see him meeting suspicious people nor trying to hack!’ Hyesung suddenly protested.

But Dongwan remained calm as he knew his cousin was getting attached to the mission, ‘Maybe you should try to hack his computer’

Hyesung nodded in agreement, ‘Maybe. At least I know some answers. Imma go now’ he said and excused himself as he wanted to find a way to hack Eric’s computer.

Once Hyesung left, Dongwan immediately went to find his grandpa.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Come in’

‘Grandpa, it’s me’ Dongwan peeked inside and when Sir Shin heard Dongwan speaking to him personally, he knew it was a personal matter.

‘Lock the door and close the curtains’

Dongwan nodded and did what he was told to. He then sat opposite Sir Shin.

‘What’s wrong?’

‘We can’t lie to him any longer. Sooner or later, he would know the truth. He’s starting to ask whose the orders it came from’ Dongwan said seriously as Hyesung rarely asked those questions.

‘I know, the lie that we told wasn’t strong enough. But we cannot do anything now’ he sighed.

‘What’s the current progress?’

‘Minwoo is still working on it but I hope he can get the disk faster. At least before Hyesung knew everything’ he said.

‘Alright, grandpa’ he nodded.

Sir Shin sighed one last time, ‘Hyesung’s dad must be furious at me…’

‘Grandpa, this is the best solution yet’ Dongwan assured the worried old man.