Apotoko

Aphosiosis
Please log in to read the full chapter

lookie der, two chapters in a month. can i get a reward for such frequent updates? no?
anyways, there are two announcements that come with this chapter:
1st: i did the math and this story will eventually have 9 chapters, which means there'll be two more chapters and an epilogue. if it goes as planned, that is. if i add more stuff, then i'm screwed
2nd: i'm probably going on my summer hiatus starting this/next month. this means updates will be slow (omg... SLOWER than what they are already?! r u crazy?!) i'm supposed to start work the next month/s and i will also have my classes (and then there are also the final exams) which will make it almost impossible to write. on a happier note, if i update during my hiatus, you'll be very, very surprised lol
either way, thank you for understanding! and here, have some kailu fluff with a nice amount of angst in the end. u welcum <3

 

Apotoko
n.
From the Greek word απότοκο meaning:
An inherited liability

Chapter Six

There was something magical Luhan hadn’t witnessed before in his life. There was something about the light touches, the lazy kisses, the deep breathing, that made everything seem out of this world. Luhan was almost sure he was trapped in a dream.

The early hours woke him up so gently and he blinked his eyes to adjust his sight because now, the sun was hitting them and was keeping him from admiring. He stirred under the sheets just a bit, his sight filling up with Jongin again.

He wasn’t sure how long he’d been lying like this. Just staring and thinking and somewhere within himself, he was scolding himself for being such a sappy mess. He knew he was never one to do something this mushy, so how come doing such things were coming natural of him when Jongin was involved?

The body stirred and Luhan remained still, afraid the other would wake up and point out his idiocy.

“Good morning.” Jongin’s voice was so thick and sleepy, and Luhan swallowed his words. Suddenly, he forgot how to talk. “Cat got your tongue?”

“Do you want to die?” Luhan glared but there was a light blush across his face and which Jongin caressed away with his thumb.

“So sweet, like always,” Jongin replied sarcastically, turning around and pulling Luhan close to him. The elder let a surprised gasp but he forgot to feel embarrassed about it because, all of a sudden, Jongin was so close he was even more speechless. “Did you sleep alright?”

Luhan opened and closed his mouth, unable to talk. Kind of ironic how they’d spent the whole night cuddling and talking. He blamed it on Jongin staring at him. Eventually, a minute or so later, Luhan croaked a low “yes”.

“I worried you lost your voice for a second, and got happy.”

Luhan sat up, pushing harshly on Jongin’s chest while doing so. “Woke up feeling too funny, haven’t we?” He turned to grab his phone and as soon as he had it in his hand, Jongin had wrapped himself around him; arms around his waist and legs around his left one. “Are you arse-?”

“No, but I could.” Luhan’s wide eyes barely caught the smirk on Jongin’s face before it became an innocent look. “I’m trying to make you stay, if that’s what you’re asking.”

“I changed my mind. When is your flight again?” Luhan let a laugh when Jongin just tackled him into bed, lying on top of him and not letting him go. The whole action seemed a normal thing to Luhan now and it made his heart burst because they hadn’t done anything, yet he could feel Jongin all over him.

“I decided I’ll stay here. Someone has to look after you, you big baby.”

“Would bet it’s the other way around but I’ll take it.” Luhan sent a glare when Jongin opened his mouth, Don’t you even, thus shutting him. “Now get off, I have to go.”

“But why?”

Luhan ignored the younger’s whines and shoved him to the side. Jongin didn’t put up a fight, he just turned around like a lifeless ragdoll. “I still have to go to work, even if you stay in Korea.”

Jongin pouted and Luhan, with a heavy heart, ignored him. It was for the best. If he actually gave in, only God knew when they’d get out of bed. “Where will you be at tonight?”

“Hopefully at your place.” Luhan sent another glare but Jongin smiled sheepishly. “Well, I’m not joking. I truly have nowhere to go.”

It was then that Luhan actually remembered the whole situation. Jongin hadn’t left, had gone against his parents’ wills. He was barely of age, had no friends, couldn’t stay anywhere else but at his apartment. Luhan wanted to groan in frustration. He thought it was the right decision for Jongin to stay. How come was it such a hard one?

Eventually, Luhan let a sigh.

“Alright, I’ll get off work at four. Be outside my apartment complex by then?”

Jongin nodded his head, a grin on his stupid face. “It’s a date.”

Luhan grimaced a bit but stood up. “Whatever makes you happy.”

“And, don’t even.”

***

There was a skip in his steps.

Luhan knew Kyungsoo had noticed from the way he’d stare at him with interested and curious eyes. He didn’t say a word though. Luhan wondered if it was because he knew he wouldn’t get a real answer or if he just didn’t want to ruin the happy for him. Either way, Luhan was thankful and he only tried to be subtle about it—which didn’t really work.

He was quite impatient to go back home and to find Jongin and when he left work and bid ‘goodbye’s and ‘good night’s to Kyungsoo, he couldn’t erase the smile off his face. Jongin would be waiting for him, with his stuff and all, ready to stay over for as long as it’d took his parents to give up on their plans.

As long as that took, Jongin would always be welcome to stay in his apartment.

And there he stood, tall as always, in front of his apartment complex’s front door. Luhan’s smile only grew and he would have scolded himself if the younger wouldn’t have pulled him into a tight hug and kissed the top of his head in a silent sweet greeting. Luhan noted how cute Jongin could actually be and, frankly speaking, he loved that kind of Jongin.

“I brought some food,” Luhan said softly and felt the younger’s stomach growl against his own. “Already excited?”

The smirk Jongin talked with made Luhan push him off; “Always when it’s you.”

“I hate you.” But he didn’t. In fact, a part of him had already become fond of the way Jongin would say those corny words and would make Luhan blush and then everything in the elder’s mind would just poof away and nothing would be left in there. Light headed as if on drugs, Luhan would just pray his senses back whilst Jongin would try to make up for it with cute acts and whatnot.

Luhan was a mess. Always had, and he was even more so now.

“I’ll just let you sleep outside,” Luhan said in a dismissive tone as he walked pass the younger. “And I’m not feeding you either.”

Jongin pouted but grabbed his suitcase and backpack off the ground and followed Luhan in, who despite his words, held the door open for him.

“What a gentleman.”

Luhan glared but then shook his head at the grin Jongin showed.

“It’s my fault, I should have let you struggle on your own.”

Which he eventually did. It was only Jongin who carried the luggage up to Luhan’s floor and the elder didn’t as much as glance at him. After a floor or so he thought of helping him out but that quickly died out, deciding that he deserved it either way for being extra sarcastic today.

“Make yourself at home,” Luhan announced as he pushed the door in and revealed his apartment. He helped with the luggage just a bit and hit the door closed once they were in.

“Already have,” Jongin replied as he went and plopped on the couch, sighing in content.

“What were you up to all day anyways?” Luhan walked into the kitchen, the faint sound of the TV being revived reaching his ears. He pulled two glasses and grabbed a bottle of water before he returned into the living room.

“I tried to talk with my father’s secretary and reach his manager.” Luhan sent a worried glance at him while he unpacked their lunch and he sat up. “I wanted to know what is going on at home. Surely enough, they will be informed about my absence tomorrow when the headmaster will reach them. So I needed the manager to tell me when that will happen and when it does, I want to be a step ahead.”

“And what are you planning to do?”

Jongin let a hum, biting on

Please log in to read the full chapter