Vaphkalima

Aphosiosis
Please log in to read the full chapter

 i'm not that satisfied with how this turned out but i've been BUSY and i will be for the next couple weeks because i have to prepare for exams (yay... .-.) i hope you enjoy it as it is

 

Vaphkalima
n.
From the Greek word βαυκάλημα meaning
1.Lulling a baby to sleep, putting a baby to sleep
2. (metaphorical) The act of comforting someone with lies and/or fake expectations

Chapter Four

Luhan could see Jongin sweat and bleed the upcoming days. He truly had kept his promise and when Luhan was put to work two shifts for two extra days after Kyungsoo called and said he wouldn’t make it because there was a storm and the flight was postponed, Jongin would spend most of his day at the diner. However, now he sat by himself, having parted ways with his friends since the incident way back. Luhan would insist he studied instead of playing arcade games on his phone and he’d often check on him or pop up when Jongin waved at him for some help on some Math problem or some theorem.

Luhan came to know that Jongin was, in fact, a very smart young man and had he been always studying, Luhan knew he’d be at the top of not only his class but also his University. He had voiced that but Jongin just kept on going how he was lackey at this and that and how he was not smart, it was Luhan who was too old and easily amused. Luhan didn’t appreciate the joke and didn’t help him for the next two hours, leaving him alone in the hell pit that was Math.

Jongin was the best thing during those four days he was working two shifts. The worst were the two new waiters who were worse than what he’d first thought. Baekhyun was trying but he was constantly forgetting half the orders or forgetting to be polite. That had brought a couple complaints from the customers to Luhan and he was pissed at the other for ruining the diner’s great reputation. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was practically useless. The man had never held a tray before in his life and it wasn’t just a couple times Luhan found himself wiping the floor at the evening with a distressed tall man apologizing repeatedly over his head. Luhan felt lucky enough since he had to work with only one of them during each of his shirts so it made it more bearable.

If it was something Luhan looked forward to during those long days was the closing time and since he was working far too many hours overtime, his boss had told him he could leave much earlier than usual. Thus, as soon as the clock nine in the evening, Luhan would bid farewell to Chanyeol and leave at the speed of a racing car. Jongin would be waiting him by the front door and both of them would leave for their usual ramen shop a couple blocks down the street. At this hour, there were many people walking about and as if sensing Luhan’s racing heartbeat, Jongin grabbed his hand and guided him. It was the first time Luhan didn’t even think of reacting to the foreign touch. He guessed it was because Jongin’s hand held familiar warmth.

Slowly and steadily, Jongin would stand closer to him and when Luhan got the extra days off once Kyungsoo came back, the two of them spent it at Luhan’s apartment watching a movie and drinking hot chocolate. Jongin kept on going that Luhan was too childish and how he had the chance to go out and drink since he had five days to do nothing but Luhan shook his head.

“Last time that happened, it didn’t turn out well,” Luhan replied and Jongin glanced at him. They were both under the fluffiest blanket Luhan owned and a plate of half eaten pancakes was atop the coffee table. The sounds of a comedy movie were echoing gently behind the conversation Luhan and Jongin had had the past hour or so when they noticed they both had seen the movie before.

“Did it? Because I think it brought us closer, considering we were something barely past strangers,” was Jongin’s reply and Luhan guessed he did have a point. He promised they’d go for a drink the next day and the younger seemed ecstatic.

Next evening Luhan stood in front of his mirror. It’d been so long since he’d dressed for clubbing and he just couldn’t draw those lines on his eyes to look even. Just when he groaned in despair, he heard a knock on the front door. Lowering the music that had been blasting, he headed and opened it, already knowing who it was.

“Hyung, what happened to your face?” Jongin asked as soon as he opened it and laughed. Luhan just rolled his eyes.

“It’s been a while, okay?” he muttered and Jongin immediately offered his help, talking about how he was some kind of master at eye pencils and eyeliners due to his punk style. Luhan was a bit hesitant but Jongin held gently on his chin and after wiping the horrible lines Luhan had done, proceeded with applying the make-up. Luhan kind of liked the way Jongin’s face and eyes looked when he was that focused. With such close proximity, he could take in all of the beauty Jongin was. Eyes of the best shade of dark brown, framed with slight black eye-pencil that made them stand out even more. Plump lips and that pink tongue that would often slid across them to make them moist again. His skin was flawless and Jongin’s perfect looks only made Luhan self-conscious about his own. He felt as if he was standing in front of a Greek god with himself being nothing but a small mere human.

“There!” Jongin let a smile of satisfaction and when Luhan snapped out of his thoughts and gazed at himself in the mirror, he admitted he’d done a great work. For some reason he expected Jongin to paint him too heavily but he had actually gone very district and Luhan joked he’d call Jongin over when he needed a steady hand.

“My hands are capable of more than just this.”

Luhan grimaced and lightly hit the laughing Jongin’s shoulder.

“I think I’ll pass.”

“You think?” Jongin gasped and Luhan pushed him towards the front door.

“You better shut up,” he mumbled, feeling a slight blush and Jongin just laughed some more. He let him have the time of his life, noting to take revenge in the short future.

The clubs were as noisy as he remembered and Jongin held on his hand out of habit as they passed through the crowds in search of the one he had in mind. “We should go to my favorite one.”

Luhan let him lead the way, enjoying how Jongin kept looking around to the club he had in mind and when he did find it, they were swallowed into yet another crowd. Bright lights lit and jumped over their heads and so many people danced around them. As weird as it was, Luhan felt safe among them and he stepped with confidence after Jongin. Luhan promised himself that he wouldn’t get too wasted but he guessed he had one drink too much when his vision blurred and instead of colorful lights and people, he found his eyes shut and specks of white.

His cocktail was replaced with something—rather, someone—much warmer. He was sure he’d lost his mind by now because he was not just kissing; no that was an understatement. Jongin was hot, it was the first thing he noticed, and his touch was burning his skin. However, despite what he’d felt with Kris, it was not because he was afraid. No, he was sure it was not that because Jongin’s hold was gentle and caring and Luhan lost himself somewhere between Jongin’s mouth and traveling hands. It was a strange feeling and his body kept reacting in funny ways for the first time in years.

His back was met with the wall and he held onto Jongin, pulling him closer. At this point he didn’t even care if anyone was staring and frowning at them, that was the last thing he cared about at this moment. As suddenly as Jongin’s lips were on his, they weren’t and he felt the other lean close to his ear, whispering loud enough for him to hear.

“Yes, I would do things to you if you were not drunk last time. And I would too now if you say so.” A chill ran down Luhan’s back and he caught himself about to reply yes, please. He didn’t, though. His hands let a tremble while they were holding on Jongin’s leather jacket and that was enough of an answer to the younger who took a step back and a smirk played on his lips. Jongin, instead, took his hands in his own and kissed them before leaning up and placing a last kiss on Luhan’s forehead.

Luhan was disappointed when he offered to get another drink and as soon as Luhan nodded, he vanished into the crowd to get them from the barman. Luhan leaned heavily against the wall, wondering just how they’d gotten to that point. They were dancing, he could tell from the sweat on his neck. They also had about four different drinks as well, he could taste the weird mix on his tongue. But he could also taste Jongin and he tasted as sweet as he’d firstly guessed.

Jongin was back with two tall glasses fast and he suggested they just stole them and left. Luhan agreed quickly and he found himself chuckling amusedly when Jongin led him through the back door he’d gotten to know after so many times he’d been at that place.

“We should return them, though.” Jongin said as soon as they stepped outside in the biting cold but Luhan just shook his head.

“They won’t notice. Besides, they are beautiful.”

“I like the rebellious Luhan,” Jongin joked and Luhan stuck his tongue out at him.

“That’s the most rebellious thing I’ve ever done.”

Jongin shrugged. “It’s something.”

They walked though the back alleys and Luhan didn’t as much as think it was a bit dangerous at this hour. He had Jongin

Please log in to read the full chapter