Antilipsi

Aphosiosis
Please log in to read the full chapter

i'm kind of scared that this will turn out much longer than i first calculated. kudos to my fortune telling, as always. also, new poster!

 

Antilipsi n. From the Greek word αντίληψη meaning 1.Perception
2.Understanding
3.Comprehension
4.Realization
5.Apprehension

 

Chapter Two

Luhan stayed in one place, eyes staring at the other. He had no clue as to what he was supposed to do. He, however, was sure that the other knew, or at least had a whiff of Luhan’s deepest secrets. Hence the precise choice of words. It made Luhan terrified now that they were alone in the diner with no one to call for help. He wanted to run and escape everything but he wasn’t that lucky, and apparently, the other read his intentions, blocking his view of the door as soon as his eyes caught sight of it.

“How about I walk you home?” Luhan looked at him with a frown. “I won’t harm you, I promise.” That didn’t convince Luhan.

“I think I’ve made it pretty clear that I don’t want you around,” he replied, keeping his voice low enough so his fear wouldn’t show.

“You have, but I also think I have made it pretty clear that I won’t give up. I’ll keep coming here if I don’t get what I want.”

Luhan made a distasteful sound; “Rich kids”. The other didn’t reply so he guessed he was right. He grabbed the last things and walked to the back, glancing over his shoulder a couple times to make sure the male didn’t follow him—he didn’t, he stayed put in one place. He made the last work before checking twice and thrice that everything was ready for the morning. Coming back into the main room from the back, he found the male student sitting on a chair by the door, hands crossed over his chest and, most likely, waiting for Luhan.

His presence made Luhan anxious. He didn’t like being watched, he wasn’t something to stare at either.  He had no manners despite being so many years younger than Luhan. Had he been more up-front, Luhan would have voiced his irritation. But he wasn’t. So he did his best with ignoring him until it was time to leave and he stood in front of the male just a couple metres away.

“You should go out. If you don’t, I’ll just lock you in.” Luhan’s tone was of defeat and although he hated it, suddenly he was too tired to care. The dark-haired male all of his energy out without as much as doing something.

The male stood up, walking out through the door, leaving a distressed Luhan behind to push the chair he’d been sitting in, back into its place. Following the other’s steps out, Luhan locked the shop and started for his way home.

“Do you want to go for a drink with me now that you’re all finished?”

“No. Good night.”

Luhan noticed how the young man was following him and as much as that confused him, it also made him anxious. He didn’t want to stress over small things but it’s been literally years since someone walked with him. Suddenly, he hated the other’s presence even more.

“Can you stop following me?”

“I’m not.” The young male skipped to catch up with Luhan only to make him stop with a stomp. “My house is this way.”

“Then go ahead.” Luhan motioned with his hands down the road as if to emphasize his words. “Get a headstart.”

He could see the frown on his face even at this poor lightning.

“Why can’t we just walk together?”

Luhan wanted to hit him so hard but he knew he couldn’t get physical with him. Besides, from his arm muscles, Luhan was sure he could over-power him without much effort—not that Luhan had noticed.

“Because I don’t like walking with others. Now go.” Luhan shoo’ed him with his hands but seeing how the other didn’t move an inch, he grumbled curses under his breath before walking again. Although the other didn’t catch up with him again, he could hear his distant footsteps metres behind him.

Luhan could breathe easier but the thought of the other didn’t cease to bring him thoughts of paranoia. In the end, he just took some turns and entered a building. When the other was out of sight, Luhan exited through the door and continued his way home. He didn’t want to be paranoid but thoughts swam around his head whispering the ‘if’s and it was enough for him to hide.

If only he knew back then that the young man was not done yet.

***

Jongin was there from that day and on and although Luhan wasn’t much fond of his presence when he was doing the last of his work, he didn’t mind the sudden new company on his way home. After parting with Sehun and not establishing new relationships with others, to have someone so close to him made him feel both content and anxious.

Slowly, Luhan noticed that, as the days passed, Jongin would walk closer to him to the point that in two week’s time, they were walking alongside. Jongin had even walked him to his door— the real one this time. Three weeks ago, Luhan wouldn’t imagine having someone walk him home. He would be paranoid only by the thought of it. But he knew Jongin was not like that. He knew that, compared to Kris, Jongin held much purer intentions. More childlike, if Luhan had to be specific.

It didn’t match well with his choices of clothes. Like tonight, Jongin was coated in leather. His jacket was thick and had silver studs in a punk fashion which made Luhan remember his own taste back in the days. His shirt was a deep red color and most likely had the logo of some metal band Luhan didn’t know, and his jeans were as black as the night, sporting some tears that showed some patches of Jongin’s slightly tan skin when he bent his knees. His hair, however, was a mess that was, surprisingly enough, perfect.

Luhan never understood his fashion, but then again, he never judged because deep inside, he liked the strong front the younger set around him.

“So, you have a day off tomorrow?”

They rarely engaged any conversation. Luhan preferred it like that. Tonight, Jongin was feeling a bit talkative, having spent half of the way mumbling away about himself. Luhan had gotten to know he was in his first year of University, studying business. He also got to know that Jongin had always wanted to be a dance teacher but, since his parents were in the business industry and had a couple companies to leave Jongin with when they would retire, they had persuaded him into business. Jongin found the time to complain about his parents to Luhan which the latter found both annoying and amusing.

Luhan had also gotten to know that Jongin would spend his weekdays drunk and skip classes for the sake of it. On weekends he was rarely found at home. Then, Jongin talked about one time he’d woken up in Japan because his drunk self, along with two of his friends, found it funny and adventurous to go. Jongin proceeded to say that his parents were not so amused when they found out.

Luhan, however, was.

So young and reckless, Luhan was almost jealous. Having the money, the time and the youth; so many adventured started with just those three. Compared to his life, Jongin seemed to have lived through more despite being much younger than him. Luhan wondered if he would do the same if he was young, handsome and the owner of a black credit card. He most likely would.

“Yes.” Luhan’s answer came late and short but he knew the younger had gotten used to him sounding like this. Having a proper conversation with Luhan was as rare as finding both moon and sun over your head at the same hour.

“And what are you planning to do?”

Luhan shrugged; “Nothing.” Like every time.

“Do you want to go for a coffee with me?” Luhan glanced at Jongin and he saw something flash through his brown eyes. He wasn’t sure if he liked it or not.

He decided with the later. “No.”

Jongin almost felt defeated. “Why not? Why not give it a chance?”

“Because if that chance turned out sour…” Luhan trailed off, not sure of how to tell the other without saying too much. He went with the thought that it’d be better left like this.

“But what if it turns out sweet?”

“Ah, look. We’re here!” Luhan was glad to all possible Gods over-watching him and mentally thanked them for the escape route.

Please log in to read the full chapter