The Invisible Girl

The Carnival of Monsters

“I wonder how long this place has been abandoned…” Donghae mused as he tried to work out how long it would take the red dye to fade to the horrible colour that was almost starting back at them. As he thought back, the image of the poster he’d seen four days earlier made Eunhyuk’s concern grow “I don’t know but this is meant to be a functioning travelling carnival so you’d think they wouldn’t be faded at all.”

An echoed giggle rang through the air as milk bottles fell on a nearby stand causing dust to fly up in a cloud of beige ash. Brushing it off as their imagination, they were about to continue down the row when Donghae stopped to read a nearby sign “The invisible girl… this’ll be awful! Come on, let’s go inside!”

Not particularly wanting to enter expecting it to be dreadful, Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and followed the overexcited Donghae into the tent. Admittedly caught off guard as they entered to see vibrant red and gold stripes round the oddly lit tent, it further raised the question of what happened to the outside if inside looked like this.

After several minutes standing in the awkward silence Eunhyuk sighed “Okay there’s nothing here, let’s go.” Taking Donghae’s hand to take him out of the tent, another echoed giggle stopped him in his tracks “Aww Hyukkie, are you scared?” Donghae cooed chuckling at the notion. Feeling a rather stiff boot sole make contact with his , Donghae found himself slamming into Eunhyuk. As their lips brushed a disgusted looking Eunhyuk shoved him back “Yah! What the hell are you doing?”

“I-It wasn’t me! I was pushed!” he stuttered wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Staring back at him with a look that highly doubted this statement since they were alone, something brushed between his knees swinging with enough force to send him to the floor in agony “Ugh… okay, maybe you were pushed.” Eunhyuk groaned about an octave higher than his usual tone.

As the bodiless giggle began to circle them, Donghae almost sobbed “Hyuk I wanna go home, I-I’m scared.” Attempting to stand up, Eunhyuk made his way across the tent and gave Donghae a reassuring hug as the giggle returned “Well, don’t you two make a cute couple.”

Exchanging a look of confusion Donghae whispered “Sounds like a little girl…” still seeing nothing else in the tent Eunhyuk feeling safer than he should have muttered “A little girl with Shindong’s feet” receiving a swift kick he shut up as a grumpy voice growled “I may only be seven years old but I have the advantage here, I wouldn’t make the invisible threat angry…” With a rather sinister chuckle the girl left the tent.