Codswallop

The Carnival of Monsters

Deciding the toad was just trying to mess with their heads, Donghae backed out of the tent pulling Eunhyuk with him “He’s just trying to annoy you, no point in giving him the satisfaction.” Kicking the dirt with a begrudged pout he muttered “I’m sorry.”

Thinking back to how many people that night alone had made the assumption Donghae almost didn’t want to the answer “Why do you think people keep thinking that we’re together?” as he looked down at their hands even without taking the years of fan service into account it was relatively obvious where people got the idea from “They’re probably just trying to stall us. Come on, we’re almost out of here.”

Having forgotten about the fog, they spent several minutes trying to figure out which direction the tent would be. Getting no-where as they couldn’t see anything through the mirk, they began walking blind into the darkness. After walking into several more boxes they were beginning to feel like they were walking in circles when a massive cobweb fell on Donghae. “YAH! Get it off! Get it off!” trying very hard not to laugh Eunhyuk brushed it off the flailing dork.

“You know if you keep shouting like that you’ll attract the wrong kind of attention Hae.” Eunhyuk smiled glad to see he was calming down. Once he was convinced the entire web had gone he mumbled “Easy for you to say, nothing scares you.” Trying to hide a look that screamed that wasn’t true, Eunhyuk noticed where the web had fallen from and smiled “Hae look, you found the last tent.”

Looking up in disbelief, a sigh of relief escaped as he saw it was true. Walking in with little to no thought, the pitch black tent that met them made them think it was empty.

“So… you survived the wendigo… that’s new.” A voice in the darkness stated. Rolling his eyes for thinking they’d get out of the carnival without any further problems Eunhyuk returned fire “Not really, after all you survived it.” This clearly didn’t go down well as the tent fell silent. Suddenly feeling panicked as what she said played back in his head, Eunhyuk tried his best to see if there was anything else lurking in the shadows.

Clearly noticing the girl sighed “He’s not here, wendigo’s don’t like fire so it never passes the giants tent.” Finding no comfort in that, they both knew there was something hiding and it probably as no more than an arm’s length away.

A match was struck on the other side of the tent. As the warm glow cast an eerie light on the holder, Eunhyuk finally realised what the toad had meant by its last statement. They lit a lamp showing all 20ft of them including a pair of bloodshot sorry eyes that didn’t seem to want to be there. “You know we can’t let you leave, right? We’re struggling enough as it is without you telling people what happened to you here.”

Really not liking where she was going with her bit, the fact they could hear pacing didn’t help the uncomfortable feeling. Clearly enjoying watching them squirm she continued “So, who shall we kill first… oh, blondie boy~ your legs all better…” with a much darker tone she finished “your first.”

Looking up at the giant as that was clearly why he was there, the look of pity he got in return was of no conciliation. Positioning himself in-front of Donghae, Eunhyuk decided that if he was going to die he could at least try and save Donghae in the process “Fine, if you wanna kill me go right ahead but let Donghae go. He has the memory of a dead goldfish, by the time he’s at the car all this will be long forgotten, please let him go.”

“…I’ll think about it…” she muttered as the giant stood up. Walking over to the pair, the giant sank to his knees just short of an arm’s length away “Please Jessica, just let them go. No-one has to die, we move on tomorrow it won’t hurt anyone.”

“Shut up James.” She interrupted. With a look of disgusted guilt, the giant whispered “I’m sorry.” Raising his huge arm, he turned away before swinging at Eunhyuk. Watching in horror as Eunhyuk flew across the tent and fell with a loud thud, Donghae felt sick as he lay perfectly still with no signs of breathing and eyes unblinking.