Not In Our Backyard

The Carnival of Monsters

Running over to Eunhyuk, he picked him up and held in his lap sobbing “Hyukjae… please be okay… it can’t end like this, please… hyung?” pulling him in close unable to form proper words, Donghae began shaking uncontrollably. As he looked up to try and get help, he found the giant had gone and there was no indication of the invisible girl’s presence either. Nearly screaming as he found a hand on his arm, a sigh of relief escaped as he realised whose it was “You called me hyung you dork.”

“Hyuk! Oh thank god! I thought he…” stopping himself mid-sentence Donghae pulled Eunhyuk into a kiss not caring what the consequences would be. Breaking cautiously beginning to regret his decision he sat in silence waiting to see what would happen. “Oh about time.” Eunhyuk muttered pulling Donghae back in.

“Oh goody, the penny’s dropped.” A jaded tone groaned from the far side of the tent. Immediately swinging himself up and positioning himself in front of Donghae, Eunhyuk found himself back in the mentality of protecting Donghae whatever the cost. Scoffing at this, she continued “Oh stop being boring, I get it you love him.” Looking back at Donghae to see him blush at the idea, he smiled and retorted “So what if I do? What are you going to do, you already tried to kill me do you think you can do more than a 20ft giant?”

“You have no idea what I look like, for all you know I’m twice your size…” she reminded them. Not being able to argue with her as she raised a valid point, Eunhyuk found his mouth talking on his behalf “Hurting us won’t make up for what your dad did to you.”

Feeling the look both of them were obviously giving him as he had the same one himself, he tried to dig his way out of that hole “I’m not saying what he did was right, because it wasn’t, but anything you do to us now will do nothing to change the past.” After several minutes of tense silence the girl whispered “You can leave…”

With a sigh of relief Donghae wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s waist and planted a kiss on his neck. Staying put for a minute, Eunhyuk decided he wasn’t just going to leave things there “Don’t come back to Seoul.” Clearly shocked by his statement the girl replied “I’m sorry?” standing his ground Eunhyuk calmly stated “If you come back to Seoul we’ll tell everyone what happened here, we have thousands of fans the information will spread in a matter of seconds and you’ll be run out of town.”

After some careful consideration the girl replied “And what if we were to tell them about you two? What would they think?” with absolutely no hesitation he replied “Considering how much fanfiction they’ve written on the topic I’d be willing to bet they’d be fine with it.”

“Fine…” she eventually mumbled. Taking Eunhyuk’s hand and heading out of the carnival, they walked in a comfortable silence back round to the car park. As they got into the car, the child face appeared in-front of the bonnet and smiled at them before fading away again. Looking down at his hands Donghae whispered “Thank god it didn’t scream again.”

Chuckling softly as he pulled out of the parking space, Eunhyuk couldn’t help smiling as they headed back to the dorm. Quietly entering the dorm, they tried to slip their shoes off without alerting anyone. As a very angry looking Kangin charged toward them it was clear they had failed miserably and the fact Siwon was approaching did nothing to help matters. Curling up on the floor ready for whatever they threw at him Donghae was about to plead for mercy when he found himself in Eunhyuk’s shadow.

“If you want him you have to go through me first.” Eunhyuk stated stopping both of them in their path. Deciding that he still wanted to knock some sense into the whimpering fishy Kangin tried to push straight past Eunhyuk but quickly found himself crushing Siwon on the floor “As much as I understand your anger, I’d kinda like my boyfriend in one piece rather than six so you’re going to have to find another way of dealing with your frustration and may I suggest swinging like that at the evil mastermind himself?”

Both sitting on the floor stunned as what he said processed, neither could understand why Donghae had the exact same reaction they did to the word ‘boyfriend’. Suddenly clocking the huge patches of blood covering both Donghae and Eunhyuk, their rage turned into concern “What happened to you two? W-Why are you covered in blood and dirt?” welcoming the hug from Donghae he smiled and replied “He saved my life twice tonight, that’s all you need to know.”