Roll Up! Roll Up!

The Carnival of Monsters

Wrapping his jacket tighter round himself to fight the cold wind whistling around him, Eunhyuk ran to catch up with Donghae. As he ducked between the cars to make up ground, they both arrived at the ticket booth at the same time. Hanging over Donghae’s shoulder gasping for air, Eunhyuk couldn’t believe how quickly he’d had to run across the car park.

Once he’d gotten his breath back, they realised though they both could hear the music there was no-one in the booth… in any of them. Looking around quickly, Eunhyuk smiled and ducked under the barrier as a look of mischief became etched in his smile. “Hyuk what are you doing?”

“Oh come on, no-one’s around! Who’s gonna catch us?” Eunhyuk whispered as he turned to further investigate the tent. Not wanting to sneak in but not wanting to be left alone in the car park he fell under the barrier and ran to Eunhyuk’s side.

“Hyuk please can we go, we’re going to get in trouble.” Donghae urged desperate to go back to the dorm. Only half listening to what Donghae was saying Eunhyuk muttered “Fine, you go back. Kangin wants his turn to yell at you anyway.” Stopping rather abruptly causing Eunhyuk to start paying attention he mumbled “Like any of them could be scarier than what just happened, even being kicked out would be better than that.”

“Hae we wouldn’t kick you out of the dorm for falling for Kyuhyun’s ploy, Sungmin fell for it all the time.” Eunhyuk smiled reassuringly knowing full well he wouldn’t have agreed to the prank if he knew what it honestly was. Trying to smile back but not quite managing it Donghae sighed “I didn’t mean the dorm Hyuk.”

Instantly hugging the younger both nearly in tears, Eunhyuk sniffed “We wouldn’t do that Hae, not to you. If Kyuhyun can survive those stupid tricks so can you.” Both immediately noticing the music had stopped, Eunhyuk grabbed Donghae’s hand and turned to head out of the tent. Meaning to turn into the car park but turning into the carnival instead, they slowly came to a halt as tents surrounded them on all sides.

As a look of disgust settled on his face, he looked around at the moth eaten faded tents in stale air but lost his train of thought as Donghae yanked his arm dragging him along as he ran. Slamming into his back as he came to an abrupt stop Eunhyuk snatched his hand back before he had a chance to start running again.

“Geez Hae, what was all that about?” he gasped massaging his sore shoulder. Pouting rather adorably Donghae muttered “But I thought…” after noticing the abandoned cart four feet in-front of them he sighed “Donghae have you looked around? Would you really want to eat anything made here?”

Looking around and admitting that it was a bit unpleasant, something dawned on him “Hyuk, I have no idea how to get out of here.” Blinking back at him not really knowing himself, Eunhyuk sighed “I guess we’ll just have to wander round till we find the entrance again. I mean everything’s rather grey so not exactly the best reference for direction.”

Turning back to walk to the last turn they remembered taking, a heavy mist began rolling round their ankles.