Strange Matters

The Carnival of Monsters

“Hyung! I’m bored!” Donghae whined kicking the coffee table in front of him. Trying to ignore him, Leeteuk muttered “Well if you’d clean up after your mistakes you might find you have something to do.”

“What was that hyung?” he asked, oblivious to what had been said. Almost dropping the pot he was washing, Leeteuk paused before humming sweetly “Why don’t you ask Eunhyuk if you can tag along with him, he’s heading out to the carnival.”

Instantly perking up at the idea, Donghae smiled as he headed towards Eunhyuk’s room. Knocking on the door before slipping inside, the dark room that greeted him caught him off guard “Hyukjae? Are you in here?” a scream escaped as a hand grabbed at him and something  groaned “You shouldn’t be here!”

Continuing to scream as a half hidden face appeared from the shadows, as it jolted towards him sending them both to the floor it jumped two whole octaves before the weight of whatever it was knocked the air out of him. Starting to freak out as the figure began shaking, a scowl quickly formed as a laughing Eunhyuk revealed himself under a mask.

“Yah! What did you do that for!?” Donghae pouted. Running his finger along Donghae’s jawline, Eunhyuk chuckled “For helping Kyuhyun in his last prank, we didn’t appreciate it.” Wanting to argue but knowing he deserved it on this occasion he just shrugged. Both jumping as the light flicked on, they looked over and found Leeteuk leaning against the door “You know Hyukkie if you want to sleep with him there are easier ways… you know, like asking.”

Immediately shoving Eunhyuk off him, Donghae sat up and shifted away “Geez hyung don’t be disgusting.” Seeing the look Leeteuk was giving him he sighed “Oh not you too? I’m sorry! I didn’t know it was going to be that bad, he told me it was going to be harmless.” Looking like they both believed this, Donghae almost felt bad about throwing Kyuhyun under the bus to get himself out of another yelling.

“Well you two play nice and have fun at the carnival, dinner will be in the fridge when you get home.” Leeteuk smiled as he turned to leave the room. Shouting after him before he could shut the door, Donghae sang “Thank you hyung!” turning back to Eunhyuk and being met with a look of confusion, he shrugged as if to ask what was bothering him. “Why does Leeteuk think you’re coming with me?”

Smiling sweetly with a hint of underlying annoyance Donghae replied “Because that’s what I was coming in to ask you when you decided to scare the hell out of me.” Looking rather guilty, Eunhyuk mumbled “I guess I owe you a toffee apple if nothing else, come on lets go.”