What am I to you?

MAMA

A/N: Sorry if this jumps around a bit. School is kicking my . Thank you for subscribing! It means a lot that people actually like my story :,>

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“ The exit. “ Sehun couldn't believe it. It had been under his nose the entire time.  Staring into the darkened path that went through the hills. “ Let's go.” he said without a second thought, one foot already through the small doorway.

“What!? We can't leave!” Junmyeon was quick to say, grabbing hold of Sehun’s shoulder.

“Why not? The exit is right there we can just walk through it, close it behind us, and no one will ever know.”

“ Except Mama.” Luhan interjected. Sehun turned to look at everyone. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

“ With a war going you know she's getting you ready to fight.  And yet you'd rather stay?”

“ Sehun  you don't understand ... “ Luhan started.

“ Oh, what? And you do? You're asleep most of the time!” Minseok quickly grabbed Sehun’s collar and slammed him against the wall. “Don't talk about that!”

“ Or what? You're gonna freeze me to death? It doesn't matter she'll still knock him out!”

 

“ Someone's coming.” Luhan and Kyungsoo whispered looking at each other , both of them feeling the presence in different ways. Minseok quickly let Sehun go and pulled Luhan to the wall underneath the upper level.

“Sehun!” A voice shouted from outside, Sehun’s eyes widening as everyone quickly hid. Kyungsoo quickly saw the exit still wide open, stomping his foot he clapped his hands together, the bricks shutting the exit. Throwing a bit of wind around to put out the lower candles, he quickly ed wind to the ground to jump up onto the second floor.

“Coming Mama!” He quickly yelled as he threw down the ladder, holding it in place for the queen.

“What have I told you about calling me that.” They heard the queen say as she entered. Everyone stiffened when they heard the loud slap. A somber ”I apologize your highness.” followed and everyone was pretty sure that was no longer Sehun they were hearing.His voice had become soft and polite. His lips sounding out each letter to a T, there was no emotion in it. His voice was far away, his pupils blown wide the dark invading the brown, Sehun was an utter zombie in front of Mama.

“This place looks clean,” Mama said her keen eyes scanning the area. Sehun didn’t say anything, his head down. “Do you not speak?”

“I apologize your highness. I’ve just been doing some cleaning and repairing for your visits.”

Sehun answered his voice sounding so far away.  The Queen looked down at Sehun, no emotion in her face. He never knew what she was thinking, she always had this look of hatred on her face, and if he was truly being honest with himself, he was scared of her.

“You’re starting to look just like your father it’s disgusting. “ Sehun’s eyes widened, but he didn’t dare to look up, too scared of the lies he might see in her eyes. She passed around him, “You are growing a lot. Tell how old are you to be.” She turned to him, staring into Sehun’s disbelieving face. “Please, I can’t possibly keep watch over every pest.”

“Fourteen.” Sehun growled between gritted teeth. Mama looked at him unamused, her light blue robes following her as she inspected the tower.

“Perfect!” She said a smirk gracing her features. Mama looked to her only son up and down scanning every inch of his body. Sehun almost thought she was looking right into his soul. “We will be having very important guests soon,” she started her hand going to a bracelet with various cars on them.” These guests are our current allies in the war against Kael and Maaravi,” Yifan looked up through the floorboards, the conversation now having his full attention. “They are currently worried about the future of this nation should I fall. “ She looked at Sehun to see if he was following  along. “That's where you come in,” she continued, touching a specific charm as she continued to look at Sehun. “ As my only child, however useless you are, you are my only heir.” Mama played around with the charm, a mix of little circles being held by a larger one. At the bottom, Luhan bit down on his arm trying to stop himself from screaming at the searing pain in his head. “ Tomorrow you are to come out of the tower, the servants will bathe you and ensure you are properly dressed. You are to be respectful and only speak when spoken to.” Minseok applied his cold hands to Luhan’s forehead hoping to call him down.  When a small moan escaped Luhan’s lips Yifan quickly placed his hands  on top of Luhan’s mouth. “ There are other inhabitants in the palace, you are to greet them and that is all. ”  Sehun looked away from Mama's bracelet and looked up at her. “They're like you.” Junmyeon signaled to Jongin to possibly teleport Luhan out of there, but Jongdae quickly shook his head pointing up to where Mama was.

‘She would notice!’ Luhan was able to transmit between all of them, before he shut his eyes and cut the links of their minds. Everyone was stunned, even Sehun at the top had heard it! Focusing on Mama again he composed himself hoping Luhan hadn't established a link with her. “We will meet with the generals in the afternoon,” She continued on as if Sehun had never stopped listening. “ I will speak with them privately, but we will have dinner with them and the other forces.”

Forces? Is that what she's calling us?’ Sehun thought.

“ Are you listening!?” Sehun looked up only to be thrown up against the wall, by an unseen force!” Luhan broke down to his knees the pain in his head being too much! Now was the time he so desperately wanted to be asleep. Kyungsoo saw as one of the flowers on the tree started to leak some kind of nectar silently making his way to the table nearby, he heard as Sehun was thrown across the room again, Mama yelling at him about his incompetence. “ You never wanted me why come asking for something now!” Sehun screamed!

“SILENCE!”

Kyungsoo grabbed a cup and put it under the flower collecting the nectar that fell. He looked over at Luhan, he wouldn't last long.

“ JUST BECAUSE OF SOME WAR I AM NOW SUDDENLY IMPORTANT! ? DIDN'T YOU WANT ME DEAD!?”

“ You speak as if you have a choice!  And if it wasn't for your father I would have aborted YOU!”

“ What…” Sehun’s quiet voice returned,  a hollow broken sound coming out. Zitao had tears in his eyes as Jongdae comforted him, the young monk involuntarily jumping ahead and seeing the outcome of this argument. He started crying 2 minutes ago, already determined to stop the fight, but he knew the rules to his own power; to not interfere with time. Kyungsoo picked up the cup, handing it to Junmyeon, who instantly understood what Kyungsoo was getting at.

“ YOU'RE A MONSTER!” Mama continued. “ You should consider yourself lucky for living this long!” Mama spat at her only son. The venom in her voice cutting through Sehun like a knife. His breathing lagged, as he replayed her words. She really did hate him. She never wanted him. “ Why?” Was the only question he could think of. Realizing he voiced it out he looked up and asked again.”Why? Why not just kill me why keep me alive if you hated me so much! Why even get pregnant if you knew you would hate me so much!”

Luhan clutched his head Sehun’s emotions running a freight train through his mind. Junmyeon finished filling the cup with water mixing everything as best he could, Luhan would have room drink this cold. Yifan took the cup and administered heat, boiling the water and surprising everyone. Nudging Luhan he handed the little telepath the cup,Luhan’s shaking hands splashing some of the tea out.

Mama sighed, “ I didn't think you would be one of them. ” Were her final words before she slammed Sehun to the other wall across from the guys. Everyone stared as Sehun was picked up again, by the unseen force and slammed onto another wall. Tears streamed Zitao’s eyes as the future became present. ‘She's gonna kill him!’ Jongin shouted in everyone's minds, Luhan’s mind link reestablished. ‘We have to stop her!’ Jongdae added.

‘No! You cannot interfere with time!’ Everyone looked at Zitao as they heard Sehun scream as Mama electrocuted him. “ You're getting heavy.” annoyed she slammed him against the wall again. “Be ready tomorrow.” She said turning  and walking out of the tower. With whatever was keeping him up gone, Sehun started to slide off the wall and fall to the floor, waiting for more pain,but only to be caught by something only slightly softer.  “ Jongin…”

“ guh?” Jongin groaned as Sehun got off of him.

“ You're not comfortable at all, please eat more “

“Tell her to feed me more.” he deadpan. Sehun started to laugh until he clutched at his side,” Ow! Ow...ow...it hurts.” he rolled onto his back clutching his side. Everyone gathered around the two, signs of relief escaping some of them.

” Hey at least you're alive.” Minseok said kneeling next to Sehun. “Got any medicine in here?” Minseok asked to which Sehun shook his head.

“ Let's get him in bed.” Yifan kneeled down to pick up Sehun bridal style, surprised by how light the 14yr old was. Taking light steps he lifted off the ground, careful not to jostle Sehun too much.

Luhan looked towards where Kyungsoo was crouched down. ” How did you know that was gonna work?” he asked as he approached the wide eyed boy.

“ The tree told me it would.” Kyungsoo responded as if it was obvious.  He was collecting more of the nectar, this time a more clearer nectar from a different flower. “ Ahh, so this is for Sehun.” he said to no one in particular and Luhan could sworn he saw the flower petals and the leaves in the little tree bristle a bit, as if responding to him.

“ So now you're not only a tree hugger, but a plant whisperer too. “

“Luhan don't make fun of him!” Junmyeon chided smacking Luhan upside the head.

“ Ow! Not making fun, just stating the obvious.” Luhan said rubbing the back of his head.

“ It's ok Junmyeon.” Kyungsoo said getting up and handing Luhan a cup full of the nectar that was used for his tea. “Drink this whenever you feel a headache coming on. You've really gotta learn how to control your powers Luhan, they're really taxing on your body. I can't imagine having all that power and having no knowledge on how to fully use it. ” Luhan’s jaw dropped.  

“ Did you just sass me!” Luhan asked shocked at the words.

“ Yes.” Kyungsoo said shoving the cup in Luhan hands. Both Junmyeon and Luhan stared as Kyungsoo launched himself onto the second floor. “ My poor little Soo he's growing up too fast.” Junmyeon said a sad expression on his face.

“ Yeah he's growing into a disrespectful little brat.”

 

“ Ok so we left you some boiled water and the nectar is right next to it. The salve Jongin stole should help with the pain. Please sleep Sehun. “ Junmyeon finished his little spiel as he ran his hand through Sehun’s hair one last time. “ Ok mother, Jesus christ, you had to deal with this for how long?”

“Too long.” Jongin answered as he grabbed Kyungsoo and Tao and saluted a bye to Sehun, the usual crack in the air heard as Jongin teleported out. Junmyeon sighed,” I'm not that bad.”

“ No you're worse. Sleep tight Sehunnie. “ Yifan smiled dragging out a complaining Junmyeon by the arm.

“ We'll see you tomorrow!” Came Jongdae's cheery voice from the window. Sehun attempted to wave but winced when his shoulder heart. Taking the salve Minseok sat on Sehun’s bed, “Where?”

“My shoulder. ” Sehun replied quietly. The both remained silent as Minseok applied the salve,Luhan observing from afar.

“ I'm sorry.” They both said at the same time.

“ Sorry, you first hyung.” Minseok looked up at the younger.

“ I'm sorry for losing my temper and assaulting you. ” Minseok said closing the salve jar.

“ And I'm sorry for saying those things. I didn't know that was a sensitive topic and I should've never mentioned it.”

“It's ok, we're just all a bit worried about Luhan’s condition. “

“Yeah, I can tell. I didn't know it affected you guys that much. “

 

“ It doesn't affect me.” Luhan chimed in.

“ God dammit Luhan we were having a moment! “ Minseok said with humor in his voice. Luhan smiled happily then frowned dramatically,  ” I apologize continue.” he said hand on his forehead.

“ NO you ruined it!” Sehun said with a smile.

“ We'll see you tomorrow. ” Minseok got up and started going towards the window. Luhan stepped up to Sehun got close and whispered, ” Don't worry he likes you.”

“Luhan!”

“ Coming!”


 

/z°■°z/

 

Sehun breathed in and winced as the pain hit his side. The nectar had help a good amount, but he was pretty sure something was bruised inside him. He had made sure to drink another cup before coming down, the maids scrunching up their noses when they saw the state of the tower. ” Do ye at least have a tub?” one of the maids asked. She had a thick accent that grated his ears, but he quickly led them down via wind to the tub where some old rainwater was held. “I like waterfall showers,” he joked pointing up to the hole in the ceiling where the rain would enter through.

“ No wonder he smells like the world peed on him.” Another maid said. The maid with the thick accent elbowed her.” Well ladies,” she started, obviously the head maid, “ here is your prince.  We must make ‘im look like he was born with a golden spoon and not dirt in his mouth.”

“Hey!”

“ Quiet ye! Stay still and let us do our work!”

“ Sehun.” Startled out of his thoughts Sehun looked up to see Mama, all kind smiles and sparkling eyes.

“ Well your spirit seems high.” he said looking away and undoing the buttons in the fitted jacket.

“ You actually look like a prince. Of course as a mother I am happy to see my son taking part in the family. “ Sehun stared wide eyed at her words. ‘She's crazy.’

“I thought you hated me.” Sehun tried. Mama's face darkened for a split second before she smiled again at him.

“ I have a gifted son why would I hate him?” The sweetness in her voice sent a chill through Sehun. He crossed his arms and looked around for an escape.  Mama was in her mood again. The mood she would usually get before she would snap and some form of torture followed. He wasn't sure if the other guys had experienced it yet, but Mama was all smiles before she had stuck a knife in his back when he was 6. He still had the scar and if he remembered correctly, she was the same before locking him in the tower.

He didn't know how to explain it, but it was almost as if there were two different people in her.

“ Sehun.” he heard her call again.  “ Yes sorry, your majesty. “  he replied.

“ Don't be losing focus now, I have people I want you to meet. And call me Mama.” She said walking in front of him her orange robes dancing behind her.

“ Yes….Mama.” Sehun replied quietly.  Walking towards a large white door at the end of the hallway, he heard a large commotion coming from the other side. Quickly the door opened and out came a bewildered Tao. Breathing hard Tao jumped when Kai appeared next to him, reflex making him wushu kick Kai. “ Ow! Zitao it's me!” Kai said rubbing his stomach and then when the full pain hit. He his stomach and proceeded to drag himself across the floor where a scared Zitao attempted to catch his breath. “ No stay on your side!” Tao yelled  shuffling closer to the wall. Sehun snorted at their antics, prompting both boys to look up. With wide eyes both quickly got up and bowed,” Hello Mama.” coming out of their mouths quietly.  

“ Hello boys. What are you doing?” An amused y one coming out of hee. Neither were sure if they should actually answer, as they had never heard that tone of voice from the queen.

“ Just messing around. ..?” Tao said. Mama smiled. “ Alright then. Let's go inside I want to introduce everyone to my son. “Jongin and Tao looked over at Sehun,  who only smiled sheepishly.  ” There's snow.” Tao said as Jongin turned and held the door open for everyone.  Walking in Sehun’s mouth dropped. The entire room was covered in snow and by the looks of it, it was still snowing.  Everyone was dressed to the nines, and quickly bowed as they saw Mama walk in. “ No frozen door this time?”  Mama asked. Making Sehun stare at her wide eyed. “ You mean they do this, a lot?” he asked. Mama frowned.

“ Do not be impolite. ”  she said sternly. Sehun looked away, not wanting to hold eye contact with her. “Listen, boys this..” She looked over to couch where Jongdae was sleeping on Luhan’s lap. Luhan tracing over Jongdae's Lichtenberg scars. “ Chen, Luhan.” Luhan looked up, staring to other side of room. “ Luhan.” she tried again. He didn't move an inch, just continued to  stare ahead. “ Well,” Mama continued not even bothering with Jongdae l, ” this gorgeous young man here is my son.” She said putting a hand on Sehun’s shoulder.  “ Treat him with the same respect you would treat me. He is the Prince of Saphira after all. I'll leave you here. ”  She said turning to Sehun. Leaning closer to him she whispered in his ear, harsh tone rattling his eardrums, “ Do not this up!”

“ Play nicely.” She turned and walked out of the snow covered room. Once the door closed Jongdae popped his eyes open. “ You ok?”

“ Fine.” Sehun smiled “ She doesn't expect a thing.” said trudging through the snow.

“ Why is there snow here!?”

“ We wanted to welcome you like only a princess should be. ”  Minseok smiled.

“ Minseok was fighting with Tao and Jongin. “  Junmyeon corrected a “it was him!” could be heard on the other side of the room.

“ Luhan? “ Sehun looked at skinny telepathic.

“ Not now Hun, Luhan is out of it. ” Jongdae said from his spot.

“ He's been like that all morning.” Minseok said gathering all the snow to make a snowman.

“ Wonder what happened. Hey wait, where's Yifan hyung?” At that the door opened and in walked a sluggish Yifan. Eyes bloodshot and tired, the bags under his eyes making him seem hollow and thinner.  The gold and red long coat he had only made him seem smaller, his black shirt and pants almost like large bags on him. He no longer looked like Yifan. He was a thinner paler shell and now,” You're bald !?” Jongdae said taking his arm away from Luhan to take a better look at Yifan. As if realizing that there was more people in the room, Yifan looked up and mumbled a quiet and slurred “ I'm fine.” Walking towards Luhan he slumped down and rested his head on the smaller, making Luhan react to him. Luhan grabbed y Yifan arm and started to trace the veins in them.

” You don't look fine. Yifan what happened? “ Minseok asked walking closer, but stopping at the look in his eyes. We're those even his eyes?  Yifan’s eyes were no longer brown a black cat like pupil was surrounded by a golden yellow iris, even the white in his eyes seemed to change to black. Yifan quickly closed his eyes,”I'm fine” once again coming through gritted teeth. At that the door opened, a hand maiden telling all to proceed to the dining room downstairs. The walk was awkward, everyone wary of the two walking absent-minded in front of them.

“Something’s not right.” Jongdae whispered,staying close to Minseok. Minseok only nodded and look towards Junmyeon who had a worried expression on his face.

“ For now, just go with it.” Minseok whispered back to Jongdae.

“ Welcome Boys! ” Mama said in a cheery tone. Everyone bowed respectfully,before looking over to the guests. Five men stood at the other end of dining room, adorned in metals and plaques that showed their status. “ Boys these fine men are the generals of the five districts. Srgt. Choi of the coastal district.” He nodded in acknowledgement looking curiously at Jongdae and Tao, his larger upper body making his military uniform stretch around his muscles. “ Lord Do of the southern district, “

“You're the son of Lu aren't you?” he said looking towards Luhan. Luhan nodded in agreement and the tall thin man smiled. “ Good to see you alive.” Luhan just stared at him wide eyed as Mama continued introducing the men as if nothing was wrong. ” And from the Northern District we have General Kim.” she smiled brightly. “ It's good to meet all of you. ” he said bowing and then looking straight up at Minseok. “ It's good to see you too...father.”