Sehun.

MAMA

Zitao enjoyed it when Mama left for diplomatic conferences. She usually left for a week, allowing the boys to do as they pleased. The guards tried to keep them under control,but they never really could. On one such of these week long vacations from lessons and training, Zitao decided to explore the palace. He knew the west wing very well, but the ground level of the east wing always eluded him. As he walked on his way to the entrance of the lower east wing he heard footsteps coming closer. If it was the guards he didn't care, they would leave him alone. He was getting a reputation amongst the guards and was pretty sure he was in the ‘avoid at all costs’ list. Especially since the last time a guard attempted to have his way with him he froze him in time and asked Kai to plop him on the upper terrace, right on the ledge. They found the guard of course, stark and marooned  on the ledge after Kyungsoo ripped apart the terrace during training. It was hilarious until Mama found out. Zitao would have taken the heat if Luhan hadn't done it for him. He got punched in the face, he still has the scar on his lips. Luhan, it had amazed everyone when he got used to the name. He was still the same though; the same old Han that had welcomed him with a bright smile only for it to disappear when a migraine popped up.

Lost in his thoughts Zitao rounded the corner and collided with something boney. Knocking the poor thing on its , Zitao looked down to see..a boy? “Who are you?” a gust of wind flew out from the boy sending Zitao hurling to the wall! “Ow! WHAT THE HELL!”

“Crap!” The boy squeaked and started running.

“STOP!” Zitao yelled freezing the boy in time. The boy stood frozen in his running position as time warped around him. Zitao slowly got up and inspected the boy. Blonde hair that was surely dyed, a slender face, and even more slender body. He was lanky and Zitao would think malnutritioned of it weren't for the boy's slight chubby cheeks. He was cute if he said so himself. Not cuter than him of course,”Oh no definitely not cuter than me.” Placing his hands on the boy's cheeks he felt his skin, soft, still unmarked by puberty. " Jeez of course you're perfect.” Zitao said to the boy. He couldn't hear him, but whatever. Hearing footsteps and the sound of steel hitting steel, he quickly picked up the frozen boy, amazed by how light he was, and ran to the nearest door.  Looking around the small library he quickly spotted Kyungsoo and a sleeping Jongin .  “ Soo!”

“Tao, who. . is...that?” Kyungsoo eyebrows knitted together as he looked at the boy in Zitao’s arms.

" I don't know!? I just ran into him on my way to the east wing and-!” The sound of the door handle turning, cut him off. He grabbed the frozen boy and moved to the back of the library.  Quickly unfreezing him, Zitao clamped a hand over the boy's mouth and brought a finger up to his lips signaling him to keep quiet. The boy was about to protest until he heard the guards speak. He squished himself into the corner hiding as best as he could. Zitao eyed him curiously, but didn't ponder on the boy's antics as long as he did what he was told. Kneeling down better he looked between the books to see Kyungsoo and a now awake Jongin speaking with the guards. He watched as the guards paid Jongin’s warnings no mind and continued to bother Kyungsoo. It was no secret the guards of the palace had developed a certain infatuation with certain members of their group, but what a lot of the guards did, bordered on molestation.  This was no different, as one of the guards combed his armored hand through Kyungsoo's hair. Jongin was livid!

” Kai here's the book you were looking for.” Zitao spoke up as he walked over to the group, remembering to use his given name. He gave a slick smile to the guards and handed the book to a confused Jongin.  " Shouldn't you two be guarding something, instead of molesting 14 year-old children?” Placing a hand on his Zitao stood in front of Kyungsoo completely blocking his view. “We don't want a repeat of last time, do we?” Zitao’s eyes started to glow purple around the sides; a tall tale sign of a time curse being brewed.

“You wouldn't. “ A guard tried taking step back. Zitao smiled as he brought up his hand, already warping as it bent time. “Get out!” Both guards ran for the door slamming into it as they tried to open it. Feeling hands grab him from behind, Zitao turned to return the hug. " Thank you,Tao.” Kyungsoo said a sweet smile gracing his lips.

“Tao. Haha it's starting to stick isn't it.” Tao smiled as he ruffled Kyungsoo's hair. ‘It's only been 3 months.’ Tao thinks as he shares a smile with Jongin.

“ Who are you guys? “

They all turn to look at the intrusion. Eyeing him up and down Kyungsoo let's go of Tao to inspect the boy. “Tao said you blew him into the wall. We're here under Mama's orders, so the question is who are you?” Finishing his circling of the boy Kyungsoo looks the boy dead in the eye. The boy only rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, scoffing at Kyungsoo.  

“ So, she has time to get a bunch of guys in here, but not enough time for her son? Jeez what a mother.” Sehun murmurs looking down at his feet. Unwanted, wasn't the feeling he was getting it was more on the lines of disappointment,  and as he looked at each of these strangers confused faces,  the feeling grew even more. “Sehun,” he said looking down kicking his foot around,”Oh Sehun is my name.” Looking up he was waiting to see the shock, but all he saw instead were unamused looks.

" You're joking, right? “ Jongin said clearly not believing him.

“ What? No! I'm really Oh Sehun, the Prince of Saphira!” he said stomping his feet and pouting. How could they not believe him! The nerve of some people. The short one, Kyungsoo, Sehun recalls, giggled.

“Yeah right, and I'm the Prince of Kael!” All three boys burst out in laughter, attractive smiles on their faces. Sehun couldn't believe them! How could they not see who he was!? Did it matter what these commoners thought? Of course it did! He was the Prince! He demands the utmost respect! “I demand respect!” He said stomping his foot.

“Oh? Guys the Prince is demanding respect.”

The three burst out laughing again, not believing a word Sehun said.

“I'm not lying! See!” pulling aside the oval collar of his shirt, Sehun revealed the mark of air. The wind manipulators mark that only the Prince would have. Tao grabbed Kyungsoo's arm and tugged at it. Kyungsoo quickly got the message,” We have to go.”

“What? No, but….wait!”Sehun said reaching an arm out to them only for them to turn their backs at him. Sehun never had felt more alone in his life. Hugging his arms he watched the retreating figures.  His mother was right, he's an abomination.  No one wants to be near him and if they are they'll only use him. “Just like the guards do. “  Jongin stopped in his tracks. Looking at the boy he saw the same broken expression he would see on everyone else. “ The guards won’t do anything to you.”

“Jongin.” Tao called from the door.

“ He’s just like us!” Jongin yells looking back at Tao and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looks away, not being able to face the disappointment in Jongin’s eyes.  " I don't think we were properly introduced ourselves,” extending his hand he gave Sehun a gentle smile,”I'm Kim Jongin, but Mama calls me Kai. Those two rude guys over there are Kyungsoo or D.O. and Zitao, we just call him Tao.”He smiled brightly at Sehun and Sehun couldn't help, but smile back. “Oh Sehun,  Prince of Saphira. “ Sehun said with the brightest smile he's had on in ages. 

 

 

A/n: Dat word count  tho!Let me know if you're confused on anything.  Chen should make his grand entrance next, with a bit more on how Tao joined.