Rapunzel.

MAMA

“ Where did he say he was?”

“ On the tower of the east wing.”

Zitao continued to walk ahead of everyone looking left and right to ensure no one was following them.

” There's two towers in the east wing though. ” Jongdae said as he trailed Zitao. “ There's the north side and the South side.” Kyungsoo looked over Jongdae's shoulder reading the map.

“The south side.” Kyungsoo said in a low tone. “He said if we reach the lower kitchen with the chicken coup we've gone too far.”

“Well, I guess we've gone too far.” Yifan stopped and looked around the lower kitchen. “You hear them?” All the boys quieted down to listen, but they couldn’t hear anything.

“I think Yifan has finally lost.” Jongdae whispered to a giggling Kyungsoo.

“ I heard that!”

“ Calm down you big dragon. “ Jongdae said walking towards the wooden door in front of them. Once he opened it they heard the low crow of the roosters.

“ We've gone too far, to the other side!” Luhan quickly pointed as he started to run back down the hallway.

“ Sometimes it amazes me how jumpy he actually is.” Yifan said walking alongside Junmyeon. The 8 boys continued to walk down the hallway, after Zitao had met Sehun he had been appearing randomly throughout the week. Mama had re Saturday and since then the boy's haven't seen the young prince. The only clue they had to his existence and the reassurance that they all didn’t go crazy for a week was a note in the form of a rock hitting Zitao in the head. The only words on it; east wing south tower.

 

”Zitao watch out!” Quickly turning to the object flying towards his head Zitao quickly jumped out of the way. Looking up he saw a snickering blonde looking out from one of the towers windows. “WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND ROCKS! ?” Zitao yelled pointing an accusing finger.

“ How else am I supposed to communicate? “ Sehun yelled back.

They had gone outside to access the tower but as Jongin came back from circling the place, it was evident there was no way in.

“ Hey Rapunzel let down your hair!” Jongin yelled up. They saw Sehun disappear before a ladder appeared from the window.

“I’m not Rapunzel!” They could hear him yell as they approached the window. Some of the boys snickered while Jongdae outright laughed.

“Yeah right! You’re royalty, you live in a tower, and your as blonde as blonde gets. ” Jongdae said as he crawled through the door. “Plus your mom's a witch.” Jongdae's smirk matched Sehun’s and Zitao just gave both of them a disapproving look.

“What? It's not like he's wrong.” Sehun said with a mischievous smile on his face.

“She's your mother, our mama, and the queen she deserves some respect. “Zitao said as Sehun picked up the latter once all eight boys were inside.

“She trapped me in this tower when I was 6yrs old.”Sehun replied.

“Just stop trying to find reasons to defend her. Your life will be easier. “ Jongin mumbled to him. Zitao just sighed, “Fine.” Crossing his arms Zitao made his way to Sehun’s bed.  “ Just be grateful she didn't throw you out. “

“It feels like she did.” Sehun mumbles under his breath.

“Alright enough of the sad stuff! Rapunzel, will you show us your humble abode?”

“ Sure thing Sleeping Beauty.” Sehun said smirking at Luhan’s pursed lips. “ Bed, desk, unusable stairs.” He said pointing to each item. “My lonely window where I look out into the world and wonder when my Prince will come. “  Junmyeon smacked the back of his head and everyone started to laugh. “Jongin! Don't get too close to the edge the floor boards are starting to fall.”

“ Really? We should fix up this place.” Jongdae said looking around the small tower.

“ Nah she'd just get suspicious.  I'm not supposed to leave the tower.”

“ Well atleast let us reinforce the floor boards. Don't want you falling in your sleep. C’mon Kyungsoo let's go find some wood.” Yifan said as he made his way to the window.

“Let me put the ladder down for you.”

“Don't need it.” Yifan crouched down and allowed Kyungsoo to get on. Perching on the window sill he angled himself out ,”hold on tight,” he told Kyungsoo as he jumped and lifted out.

“He can fly!?” Sehun asked as he turned to the others.

“Yup, didn't you know that?”

“No!?” Sehun looked out the window again ‘Why can't I fly? Stupid good for nothing wind power.’

 

As the boy's continued to clean the area Zitao couldn't help but stare at the words written on the tower walls. “Sehun,” he called out .

“Yeah?” came his reply from the bottom of the tower. Sehun and Jongin had taken a lamp down to better take a look at the board's holding the upper area. “What are those words on the wall?” Sehun looked up at the words trying not to move the ladder they were standing on much. “Some old prophecy, well that's what my dad said they were.”

Zitao stared at the words and started to read them outloud, “When the skies and the ground were one of legends, through their twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil which coveted the heart of tree of life and the heart slowly grew dry. To tend and embrace the heart of tree of life, the legends hereby divide the tree in half and hide each side. Hence, time is overturned and space turns askew. The twelve forces divide into two and create two suns that look alike. Into two worlds that seem alike, the legends travel apart. The legends shall now see the same sky but will stand on different ground. Shall stand on the same ground but shall see different skies. The day the ground be kept a single file before one sky in two worlds that seem alike, the legends will greet each other. The day the red forces purify and the twelve forces reunite into one perfect root, a new world shall open up!”

Complete silence fell over the tower as everyone stared at the words. “ That is the dumbest prophecy I have ever heard.” Jongdae blurted out.

“Let's get back to cleaning. Sehun do you have more lights so we can take a look at the bottom.” Junmyeon said trying not to get too close to the edge.

“ You gotta float down! Just jump i'll catch you.” Junmyeon closed his eyes and took a running start and jumped off the ledge. Ready to feel his body hit the floor, he was surprised by the breeze that hit him.

“Hyung you can open your eyes you're down.” Junmyeon opened his eyes and looked at the lower level. Sehun took the small lamp and started to light the torches on the wall. “It's not much,but..”

“It's fine Sehun. “ Junmyeon said with sweet smile. As they continued to rummage around Kyungsoo and Yifan had returned with wooden boards. All the boys continued to work in silence, the sound of their work keeping them company. Kyungsoo continued to clean the soot from the lower walls,”Did this place ever catch on fire?”

“Yeah, once. Minseok I think you were already here.”

“For how long have you been watching us?” Minseok asked from a top of the tower. All Sehun did was laugh.

“Not that long.” He said in all seriousness. “It started at the bottom of the hill, it was the last time I saw my dad. He said everything was going to be all right and he just disappeared into the flames.” He walked towards Kyungsoo,”After that this little tree started to grow.” He motioned to the tree that occupied the bottom of the tower. Holding 12 flowers the branches twisted around each other weird patterns tracing themselves over the bark. “The flowers didn’t start to bloom until recently, only this little one would bloom. “ Sehun pointed to the smallest one. Kyungsoo smiled at the little tree, feeling its roots dig deep into the ground. “It’s full of life,” he smiled then smacked the back of Sehun’s head “and it needs fertilizer. Don’t you know anything about taking care of plants? “ Sehun pouted as Kyungsoo continued to nag about proper plant care. Junmyeon kept looking around cleaning up what he could. His hand traced on the wall across from the tree, something telling him to push, putting on pressure the stone Junmyeon watched as the stone pushed in. “Uh guys…” The wall pulled apart leading to a dirt path. Sehun’s eyes widened as he looked at the one thing his father always told him ‘there’s a way out of here.’

“The exit.” Sehun breathed as he looked at the door to the outside world.

A/n: This chapter kind of , but hey plot. Prepare yourselves a big update will happen soon and also more story will happen soon . happens. Hope you guys had a good Christmas!!!!