From This Day Forward

Hashtag Communication
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Only yesterday, I was so downhearted. Only yesterday I was so desperate to see her.”

Donghae still can’t believe the state of happiness that he was in at that moment as he was lying on his bed. Indulging himself in reminiscing the recent event that surprised him on his special day.

 

“But now, look at me, my heart is overflowing with happiness.”

He could not help but shed a tear because it was so blissful.

Dara coming back to his life had brought him felicity that he had lost when she left.

Now he felt a renewed vigor as he was about to enter the threshold of a new challenge of life that every young man in Korea has to go through.

 

“This is one of the best days of my life. I am looking forward to more of these days with you, I love you. Thank you.” He texted Dara before he closed his eyes to sleep.

 

  

The next day, Donghae woke up with the persistent ringing of his phone.

 

“Hey, it’s me.” Dara was on the line.

“I know…” Donghae, eyes still closed, managed to smile as he answered with a deep morning voice.

“Were you still sleeping?” Dara asked.

“Yeah, how did you know?” Donghae’s eyes remained closed as he his bed.

“Yah! Soldier, why are you still sleeping? It’s D-day! Get out of bed already.” Dara feigned to nag him.

“It’s because somebody kept me up late last night, that’s why.” He teased.

 How he sounded so y in the morning, Dara thought.

“Oh really.” Dara suppressed a smile.

“Oh really.” Donghae imitated her.

 

A knock on his door interrupted their conversation.

“Donghae, wake up now, I made you a seaweed soup. Come out now before it gets cold” It’s his mom.

“Be right out, omma.” Donghae in a lazy voice replied.

 

“You better go now soldier. I’ll call you again later. Happy Birthday!...” She paused.

“Ahhh, I so wanted to be with you today, I could cry.” Dara said in desperation.

“We will have more birthdays to celebrate together in the future, don’t worry.” Donghae tried to cheer her up.

 “Arrasso..” she sighed in acceptance.

 

“Remember this always, I love you.” Donghae assured her more.

“I love you. I love you so much. Don’t forget that too.” Dara said before she hang up.

“Neh.” Donghae managed to chaste a reply.

 

 

Lee Omma and his hyung were surprised to see a cheerful Donghae on the table.

Well, he had always been cheerful whenever he was with them, even during the days that he and Dara were having a problem with their relationship,

but of course today is a big day, it's normal, they thought.

He was heartily eating the seaweed soup omma had prepared specially for his birthday, this could suffice the reason for his cheerfulness.

 

But then again, today there is something different, a good different, they continued to observe.

 

 

“Can I ask what time did you come in last night?” Lee omma raised her eyebrow questioning Donghae.

She's starting an interrogation, Donghwa thought.

“Uhmn, around 2 AM, maybe.” Donghae felt a little discomfort with the way his mom and his hyung were eyeing him.

“And what’s that stain on your chest? Were you drooling so much in your sleep? Sincha, you are about to go to the military, don't go drooling your pillow and blankets there, grow up already.”

 

Donghae’s eyes went round as he checked the stain his omma was referring to.

His eyes almost bulged as he immediately realized were it came from and he blushed deep red.

He immediately stood up from the table and ran to his room to change.

 

He was not able to change his shirt last night as he went straight to bed when he came home.

He did not realize they left a stain on his shirt when he laid it out on Dara’s car seat as they did the deed last night.

“Aish, so embarrassing.” He mumbled.

 “Anyway, they won’t know where it came from.” He tried to compose himself before coming out again.

But he just can’t get rid of the impish grin that kept coming on his face.

 

Donghwa hyung was still throwing him suspicious glances as he continued to eat his soup.

“Yah! Is there something that you are not telling me? Come on spill it.” His brother can no longer contain himself.

“Wae?” Donghae acted innocent.

Donghwa narrowed his eyes and wagged his finger at him.

“I know you’re keeping something. It’s like you had a sudden 360 degree turn of emotion. Right there, I can see it in your face.”

“Sincha?” Donghae beamed.

“Hyung," he blurted "Dara and I are back together, can you believe that?

I was planning to do that once I come out of the military but Dara beat me to it.

I’m happy hyung, despite a sad situation, I’m happy.”

Donghae grabbed Donghwa’s hand laid on the table, congratulating himself.

Donghwa stared at his don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter