His and Hers

Hashtag Communication
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was one of the late night jogs that the SM boys were doing along the Han River. Yesung is quietly observing Donghae while he played with some members of their Exo dongsaengs.

“Something’s off.” He thought to himself. Yet he couldn’t pinpoint what. Yesung had seen sadness in Donghae’s eyes,.

“Well Donghae is enlisting soon, maybe that’s the reason why..” again to himself.

 

“Hey guys, aren’t you tired?” he called out to the boys because they had been playing for a while already after their jog.

Donghae approached the bench where Yesung was sitting and drank his water.

“Hey Fish, how’s Dara?” Yesung suddenly asked. Donghae was a bit surprised with his question that he stuttered answering “Ahm, b-busy, she’s, she’s done another web drama.”

“Isn’t she getting jealous because you’re always with us? Hey man, you should be spending these times with her. You’ll be enlisting soon, what are you doing playing with us?” he prodded.

He did not answer… “This is odd” Yesung is a bit suspicious…

“Is something going on Fish?”… No answer..

“Yah! Did you hear me?”

“Ah, neh, anni, what?” Donghae was spacing out.

“What the hell..” Yesung thought. He is convinced something’s bothering Donghae and this may involve Dara.

Yesung knew that Donghae has already prepared for his enlistment. Leeteuk, Kangin and Yesung had already oriented him and Eunhyuk on the life in the army, what to do and what to expect, he was just not sure though about the learnings he got from Heechul, that hyung who did not change after going into the military..

 

“Hey Donghae, if something’s bothering you, you can tell me OK, anytime man..” he tapped Donghae’s shoulder reassuring him. Yesung felt that Donghae is not ready to talk about whatever is bothering him.

 

“She broke up with me hyung..” he said suddenly, his eyes distant.

 

Yesung was dumbfounded, “What? Why? When?”

“She couldn’t stand our situation anymore, she gave up on us.” Donghae sighed.

Yesung was shocked by Donghae’s admission of his situation, he suddenly did not know what to say.

“And I let her go. I felt she needed it, a break, because our schedule took a toll on our relationship and she couldn’t handle it anymore..”

“But it was just because we were promoting, I’m sure you will have your time when we go on a break from promotions and…”  Yesung tried to reason.

“And I think my soon enlistment scared the hell out of her. I don’t know.”

“Are you sure there’s no one else? I mean news of Jiyong breaking up..”

“No.” Donghae cut me off.

“I am sure that is not the reason, we’re already pass that stage.” He reasoned.

They quietly sat for a while. Yesung knew there are not enough words that he can say to appease Donghae. And decided he will just le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter