How do I say goodbye?

Hashtag Communication
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara had been crying for about 2 hours already.

She had been waiting for a call or any sign from Donghae.

But hours had passed, and still her phone was silent.

To her, it was torture.

Each passing time is like a step Donghae is taking, walking away from her, creating a distance each second, until she can no longer reach him.

Heading for the end..

“So this is it?” She asked herself. “This is finally goodbye, Lee Donghae?”

 

 

 

After reading Dara’s letter, Donghae grabbed his keys, he just acted on instinct and immediately headed for the door, shocking his mom and some remaining visitors.

He didn’t want to think of anything else anymore, what to do or what to say.

His actions right at that moment were purely dictated by raw emotions, he acted on what his heart was screaming for and that was Dara.

And his feet just followed.

All he knew is that he wanted to see Dara, fast.

 

 

 

Dara pitied herself so much.

She was already having hiccups because of too much crying.

Finally, after a while, she was able to calm herself.

She fixed her hair, wiped her face, put on some powder and lip gloss.

 

 

Meanwhile, going down the elevator seemed like forever to Donghae.

He was excited. He was so elated by Dara’s gift to him.

And that was a gift of chance. A chance to see her again, talk to her, touch her.

If he is lucky, even hug and kiss her. Get back together with her.

“Woah! Don’t think ahead man, wait till she says it” he chided himself.

 

He held himself not to call Dara even though he wanted so much to do so.

Because he wanted to hear it himself, everything she said in her letter.

He wanted it to come from her lips, face to face.

 

Finally, the elevator door opened.

 

 

And Dara was surprised by Donghae’s sudden appearance from the elevator.

He seemed to be in a hurry.

So Dara frantically honked her horn to get his attention.

But she had pressed so hard that it triggered the alarm of the vehicles beside her car.

 

The noise caught Donghae’s attention and turned his head.

 

And there, beside the noisy and blinking cars is a figure of a petite girl that he knows all too well..

 

“Dara?”

 

Dara was covering her ears, she could not hear anything.

He saw Donghae approached her and all of a sudden she felt being dragged.

Donghae held her hand and led her to his parked car.

He opened the door and let her in then he walked over to the driver’s side and hopped in.

 

Silence….

 

Donghae turned to her.

After 3 agonizing months, finally, they were looking at each other’s eyes again.

His sad eyes piercing her wellbeing, her big expectant eyes looking back at him.

 

“Hi!” they finally said.

 

Saying hi at the same time somehow broke the ice, and they smiled at each other.

Dara’s was shy, Donghae’s was somewhat mischievous.

 

“OK” Donghae said, “sing it.”

Dara’s eyes went round,”What?”

“I said sing it.” Donghae was teasing.

“What will I sing?” Dara was confused. “Birthday song?”

“Hmmn maybe.” Donghae grinned at her.

“Happy birthday to you….” Dara started to sing.

And Donghae laughed..

“What?” Dara felt insulted.

“A birthday song would be good, but what I want you to sing is your letter to me. That’s what I want to hear.” Donghae gazed at her.

Dara blushed. “You knew?”

Donghae chuckled “Are you kidding me? You think I wouldn’t know you wrote me the lyrics of a Filipino song? You just translated it in Korean..” Donghae was amused.

“Well at least I made you laugh didn’t I? At least we are seeing each other now with that smile on your face.” Dara was looking at Donghae with so much affection.

 

But Donghae just wouldn’t let it slide.

“Pali, I’m waiting..”

“Why do you want to hear it? You like it so much?” Dara attempted to .

“I miss 2ne1.” He just shrugged, trying to act cool.

Feeling there was no way out to this, Dara Brought out her cellphone and searched the song’s videoke version, while Donghae kept smiling beside her.

 

And she sang it, with all her heart..

 

 I'm a little bit of crazy
I'm a little bit of a fool
I'm a little bit of lonely
I'm a little bit of all
Oh, I need a cure
Just a little bit of you
And I will fall...
 

Almost choking because she started to cry.

 

It wasn't my intention to hurt you
This feeling is true

There’s only one thing in my mind

That’s you and me.

 

Not because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter