Solo

Daily Drabbles (Collection)

This one is from Jay Park's most recent release Solo~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

TOPxYou. 255 words.

 

The cold breeze plays with my hair and you stop walking to gently place my hair behind my ear. Our eyes meet. Mine shy and a little nervous, but you offer a sly smile with perfect brows lifted as if you didn’t just do something to make my heart skip a beat. Such a sly fox you are.

You shrug your shoulders in reply and take my hand leading me away from the group’s drunken singing and robust laughter. Our feet caresses the warm sand as we near the ocean’s roar. The sand feels like rice grains waking up all the senses in my feet, but nothing can beat the feeling when your hands spontaneously wrap around my waist. I wince at the sudden action, but your smile guides me. To the right. Then to the left. Following the rhythm of the cerulean waves.

Cheeks flush red. Eyes entrance in each other’s story. The water approaches and maybe it is an excuse to get closer, but as soon as the water touches our feet, you spin me around and place your hands around my belly. Hugging me tightly with your head resting on mine.

“You smell like red wine..I love red wine”

The night grows darker and we go back to the group. Everyone is playing with sparklers. Spelling out names, I love yous, I’m sorries, and the likes. But you trade in your sparkler for my hand and I stay warm snuggled in your arms as if I am yours… Even just for today. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------